Wang Is The Thang

i didn't see any reference to this link to yahoo sports. maybe China and not Canada is the Bills ticket to remaining in Buffalo!

at any rate it does seem as though the Bills are truly the NFL's first international team....if he makes the cut that is.

"There’s no reason to beat around the bush and sidestep it,” Wang said, referring to the buzz he’s already generated in China, where he’s been told his Bills jerseys are already on back order.

"...there have been 300 articles on Wang in the Chinese media since he was drafted."

"Wang’s arrival comes at a timely juncture for the NFL’s Chinese outpost, which was established in 2007...... 28.3 million viewers watched the Super Bowl in February, while Sunday and Monday night games are also being broadcast regularly."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflschinesehope

i didn't see any reference to this link to yahoo sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflschinesehope

Thanks for posting. It's a nice companion piece to Tim Graham's ESPN article from yesterday.

The glass half full thing is that you can piece these articles together and come up with a more complete composite of Ed Wang, which is kinda cool.

The glass half empty view is that it shows that we're kinda into the slow season and that there's only so many stories to write about.

I wonder if John knew that Tim was writing a "Wang Piece" when he was working on his own. By the time he found out, he might have already committed to the story himself.

Objectively, a good piece, though its impact is unfortunately lessened by the timing.

i didn't see any reference to this link to yahoo sports. maybe China and not Canada is the Bills ticket to remaining in Buffalo!

at any rate it does seem as though the Bills are truly the NFL's first international team....if he makes the cut that is.

The Bills' ticket to remaining in Buffalo depends on selling premium seating and suites. NFL merchandise revenue is shared equally among all teams. Selling 100 million Wang jerseys in China doesn't give the Bills any more money than the rest of the teams in the league.

Wang's presence can help the Bills if some Chinese businessmen or corporations are enticed to buy some suites at the Ralph. Start working the phones, Russ!

The Bills' ticket to remaining in Buffalo depends on selling premium seating and suites. NFL merchandise revenue is shared equally among all teams. Selling 100 million Wang jerseys in China doesn't give the Bills any more money than the rest of the teams in the league.

Wang's presence can help the Bills if some Chinese businessmen or corporations are enticed to buy some suites at the Ralph. Start working the phones, Russ!

But wouldn't that boost in jersey sales provided by our team help offset the lack of suites and luxury boxes? Or does it not work like that?

But wouldn't that boost in jersey sales provided by our team help offset the lack of suites and luxury boxes? Or does it not work like that?

I believe merch is shared league revenue. Of course Mr. Wang gets a cut too.

PTR

I hope they put more Bills games on here this year in Bangkok. The Jests were the only team I got to see not on the net last year.

i feel the same way in okinawa. are you right in bangkok? i'll be out there this fall i believe around columbus weekend.

i feel the same way in okinawa. are you right in bangkok? i'll be out there this fall i believe around columbus weekend.

One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster...

Another nice article on him in today's TSN. Unfortunately, it's become a pay service and I haven't figured out how/if I can link it. Nothing different, just more hoopla on the League's Chinese marketing plan and Wang jersey's on backorder.

The guy's a monster! It would be fantastic if he's good enough to step up and take the position for years!

Wang has a chance to see more time than any of our rookies. There, i said it. 5th round pick or not, his competition is Demetrious Bell

Spillers has Freddy/Marshawn to compete with

Troup wont be any every down guy

Carrington is depth/future

Easley has a good shot too, considering his top competition is Johnson

Lets face it, Spiller will be exciting, Troup and Carrington will be solid...but Wang right now can have the biggest impact if he wins the job.