Iron Man 2 and tie ins...

boyst

Wow, Iron Man 2 was good! I saw it in iMax, the sound was well worth it! Yet, leaving their the whole time I felt like this is just a very deep plot! It kept refering to the Avengers over and over and those that saw the trailer of Iron Man 2 after the first Iron Man and the trailer for the next Hulk, which included both Fury and Stark, than you'll understand! It is getting ready for the Avengers movie, which we all knew was coming! Don Cheadle did a great job but Sammy Jackson just seemed a out of place. He will obviously be Captain Fury, Ryan Reynolds has been tapped as the Green Lantern, and whomever they get to Thor (For those that did not see it, in the end Thors hammer was in a crater in New Mexico). Chris Evans is to be Captain America, according to IMDB. RDJ may not star in the next Iron Man is speculation but Edward Norton will probably play Hulk. A few sites are saying they are considering a Wonder Woman!

The question will be threading all of these guys together! I do not want to see everyone just dropped in to place, like they plan on doing to Batman 3 (btw, expected to have 3 villians (riddler/johnny depp, penguin/philip seymore hoffman and catwoman/megan fox and ) and introduce 2 to 3 future villians (freeze, poison ivy, and harley quinn) as well as Bat Girl and Robin while not unveiling Scarecrow yet). Either way, I am psyched, but the whole Iron Man 2 was a giant trailer to the Avengers. Not to mention, what is up with characters never "really" dying? Iron Man 2 was good, I would give it an A for being more than I expected in development of plot and inteligence, but it was weak on things I have not yet thought about - something just seemed to be off...

Nonetheless, I am curious to see what is next! I would love to see them be able to add the Silver Surfer, Daredevil, Batman, Spiderman, and all the others whom briefly joined the Avengers. Plus, there are still rumors of them making a Justice League of America movie...so anxious, too bad Batman 3, Spiderman 4 and Avengers are not due until 2012

PS: That Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio, movie the Exception looks good!

I was wondering that one, too...lol..talking about the Avengers and then bringing up Green Lantern and Wonder Woman

I think he was referring to future movie(s). IOW he wasn't just talking about the Avengers. I skipped the majority of his text to avoid spoilers, so I could be wrong.

I love when those casting "rumors" about the third batman movie are mentioned. They are so beyond absurd. I don't know why anyone would actually believe them. Each name goes completely against what Nolan has done has done with the series.

And then there's a line about not unveiling the Scarecrow yet. I take it that you never actually saw Batman Begins.

Internet rumors...they're saying Green Lantern may be in Avengers, which does not make sense. However, I am pretty certain every one at some point or another was in the Avengers! From Captain American, Captain Planet to Shrek. That will be a huge problem in developing the movie! How many hero's will their be? How many villians will they need?

Internet rumors...they're saying Green Lantern may be in Avengers, which does not make sense. However, I am pretty certain every one at some point or another was in the Avengers! From Captain American, Captain Planet to Shrek. That will be a huge problem in developing the movie! How many hero's will their be? How many villians will they need?

Maybe he's being confused with the Green Arrow, who is in turn being confused with Hawkeye?

But anyway, it needs to be said... If it's on the internet, it must be true

Maybe he's being confused with the Green Arrow, who is in turn being confused with Hawkeye?

But anyway, it needs to be said... If it's on the internet, it must be true

Hawkeye would make sense.

Yes, the Avengers have had a zillion members since about 1962, but corporate crossovers get complicated.

I could see an Avengers movie and a separate Justice League movie, though.

NOT Marvel:

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Bat Girl, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Green Giant :sick: , and all the other characters related to Batman.

Didn't Disney buy Marvel recently?

I just decided to google it and according to IMDB there is a Green Lantern project in production staring Ryan Reynolds. Obviuosly it has nothing to do with any Marvel related project like jboyst suggested.

Didn't Disney buy Marvel recently?

They sure did, basically guaranteeing that Marvel never has to worry about film budgets or marketing ever again.

I'd like them to bring in Ant Man or the Wasp into the Avengers movie, at least to get all of the original Avengers involved.

Does anyone not want a Mega crossover Avengers movie? I mean its hard to get one super-hero to translate over into one decent movie let alone a whole bunch. All in all doing too many heroes on one screen just seems like it would be a cluster you know what that wouldn't live up to the hype.

As for Iron man 2 saw it on Saturday and thought it was really really good. Scarlet Johanson is just ridiculously hot and her ass is awesome. Mickey Rourke is a badass and overall the movie was just kick ass. Sure it had its flaws but overall it was worth the price of admission.

I also am in the minority that the movie was better then the first one. Now I liked the first one but one thing stuck out and kinda botched it for me and that was Obadiah Stane (Played by Jeff Bridges) had absolutely no motivation for his being evil other then I wanted the money and am now evil (Which makes no sense why you would supply terrorists with weapons with your companies name on it knowing that could lead to your company loosing billions in contracts) seriously thats had to be written by someone who writes professional wrestling.

All in all Iron man 2 is really good BUT I don't want to see an Avengers movie it just seems like it would be a disappointment.

Does anyone not want a Mega crossover Avengers movie? I mean its hard to get one super-hero to translate over into one decent movie let alone a whole bunch. All in all doing too many heroes on one screen just seems like it would be a cluster you know what that wouldn't live up to the hype.

All in all Iron man 2 is really good BUT I don't want to see an Avengers movie it just seems like it would be a disappointment.

Yeah I agree. You're basically describing what happened to the X-Men movies. Decently done, but they were just too much of an overload on characters. Avengers would be the same way.

Yeah I agree. You're basically describing what happened to the X-Men movies. Decently done, but they were just too much of an overload on characters. Avengers would be the same way.

I never felt that way with the X-Men movies. The 3rd was just an absurd piece of crap thanks to a new writing team and not character overload. The first 2 were very good movies.

• 5 weeks later...

I spent half the X-Men movies explaining who all these people were, who was a good guy, and who was bad, AND their powers. (when watching on DVDs, not in the theater)

Batman 3 (btw, expected to have 3 villians (riddler/johnny depp, penguin/philip seymore hoffman and catwoman/megan fox and ) and introduce 2 to 3 future villians (freeze, poison ivy, and harley quinn) as well as Bat Girl and Robin while not unveiling Scarecrow yet).

Yeah, that always works out so well. With that many characters, it will suck just like La Cage Batman 3 did in the last go-around.