NFL Execs expect Gathier trade

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a 2nd is too much. nothing higher then a 3rd. id rather see marshawn and a 6th sent their way to be honest.

I would go for the latter. I think a second and a fifth is decent for a starting LT. I am a little concerned about attitude, but if we can sign him to a long term deal, we might have addressed our most glaring needs overall. With the exception of Quarterback of course.

Who gets rid of a top-flight, young left tackle if all is well.

When has any player ever been traded when "all is well?"

I think the last time a premier LT was traded was Willie Roaf who was traded to Kansas City after he missed most of 2001 with an injury and the Saints believed they could slide Kyle Turley over to the left side. Roaf went on to play 4 seasons with KC and made the Pro-Bowl in each one of them.

You need 3 good backs to win in this league. In case Willis and Ray Rice go down, they'll be able to win games with Marshawn. It's that's simple.

Willis and Marshawn in the same backfield? Wonder if Travis Henry could get out of prison to complete the trifecta of former high round Bills picks shipped off?

The Market for a starting LT is a 1st round pick.

If Peters goes for a 1st +

The Ravens have no reason to move this guy for less.

Sure they do. He's a FA next year and is sure to leave...unlike Peter's, who had 3 years left on his contract.

Better to trade him now and get something, than watch him leave next year for nothing in return.

What are you guys drinking? Smoking? If LTs are at a premium and the Ravens want to trade their supposed great LT, does that not raise a red flag? Or twenty? Who gets rid of a top-flight, young left tackle if all is well.

Teams that have two above average starters at LT with beaucoup contracts...with one certain to leave next year for no return on the Raven's investment. Gaither has some pretty solid leverage, IMO...

Especially since they are obviously going to trade him for something. They aren't going to keep since they are already putting oher in at LT. Gaither won't be their backup.

They are getting something for him. 1 year of him being the best RT in the NFL.

He won't be on the bench.

Its worth much more than a 3rd round pick in 2011.

Again if someone offers a first it makes since for the Ravens to pull the trigger. Otherwise you have a proven quantity that is going to play up to his full potential so he can grab a huge contract as a Free Agent.

The less factual sports "media" can tweet all they want.

I'll believe it when I see it.

This is one move that i think would make this board think twice about making another OT thread. Good one! Would be a great move. I believe Marshawn and a 2nd in 2012 would be perfect!

Ravens need DB's badly. We seem to have a bunch. Maybe Nix and Gailey are waiting to see everyone in the mini-camps before dealing one. Highly doubt Nix will trade a 2nd rounder for Gaither. He rightly seems to value draft picks especially premium ones very highly.