Pearl Jam

TPS

Pearl Jam

Saw them for the first time at the 2003 show mentioned in the article. I remember Vedder saying something like, "they're telling us we gotta stop or we'll get fined....f-it, we'll pay the fine..." Can't wait!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl Jam

Saw them for the first time at the 2003 show mentioned in the article. I remember Vedder saying something like, "they're telling us we gotta stop or we'll get fined....f-it, we'll pay the fine..." Can't wait!

saw them at the Dip back in 1996. great show!

I wish I was going, but I'll be at the Boston show the following Monday. Can't wait.

I have one major complaint about that article. Several times they refer to Mike McCready as "Mike McReady". Annoying.

Saw them in 95 and 2009. I really didn't enjoy the 2009 showing nearly as much as I did in 95, they kept playing these tunes that I had never heard, and to tell you the truth, I really didn't care too much for it. I was hoping that they would play all their classics, but whatever.

Saw them in 95 and 2009. I really didn't enjoy the 2009 showing nearly as much as I did in 95, they kept playing these tunes that I had never heard, and to tell you the truth, I really didn't care too much for it. I was hoping that they would play all their classics, but whatever.

All their classics? It's Pearl Jam, not Crosby Stills and Nash!

Seeing a concert where you are unfamiliar with the stuff is pretty hit and miss, and Pearl Jam continues to play lots of stuff released since Yield, which is when I imagine most people dropped out if they weren't big Pearl Jam fans. They'll still mix in some old stuff (for example, would it kill them to refrain from playing Evenflow at every concert?), but they mostly play newer stuff, especially on a tour that comes soon after an album.

Seeing a concert where you are unfamiliar with the stuff is pretty hit and miss, and Pearl Jam continues to play lots of stuff released since Yield, which is when I imagine most people dropped out if they weren't big Pearl Jam fans. They'll still mix in some old stuff (for example, would it kill them to refrain from playing Evenflow at every concert?), but they mostly play newer stuff, especially on a tour that comes soon after an album.

The Buffalo show was targeted at the faithful, not the casual fan--mostly high-energy, new and non-hit (at least on "the charts") songs. Rearview Mirror summed up the show--seemed they wanted to play it all night, and almost did!

!@#$ those dudes. Vedder is an asshat.

wow. i actually am not a big fan anymore. usually their new stuff is just ok. nothing super incredible.

i have friends that want to see them everytime they come to l.a. like if the're the stones.....

seing pearl jam every 5 years is ok. every freaking year not acceptable.

thats why if you're a real fan...you buy the new album before going to the concert. if you dont do that you will be in limbo for most of the show.

if i go to a concert and not know the songs, why even go?

thats why if you're a real fan...you buy the new album before going to the concert. if you dont do that you will be in limbo for most of the show.

Last night's set list looks like a pretty good balance of past and present to me. 5 songs off the new cd, which doesn't seem the list bit unreasonable to me. Then there were plenty of songs to please the people who might have jumped ship years ago like Evenflow, Betterman, Given to Fly, Alive, and Rearview Mirror. If anyone's at that show and feels completely lost, they should never have been there in the first place.

Now if you really want a show where you have no clue what half the stuff they're playing is, try a Rush concert this summer. :)

wow. i actually am not a big fan anymore. usually their new stuff is just ok. nothing super incredible.

i have friends that want to see them everytime they come to l.a. like if the're the stones.....

seing pearl jam every 5 years is ok. every freaking year not acceptable.

Hilarious that you would mention The Stones. I watched PJ open for them in '97 at the Oakland Colosseum during the Bridges to Babylon tour (I couldn't care less about The Stones, I was there to see PJ). PJ came out in matching rainsuits and played in a total downpour. It was awesome.

Still... !@#$ those dudes...

Last night's set list looks like a pretty good balance of past and present to me. 5 songs off the new cd, which doesn't seem the list bit unreasonable to me. Then there were plenty of songs to please the people who might have jumped ship years ago like Evenflow, Betterman, Given to Fly, Alive, and Rearview Mirror. If anyone's at that show and feels completely lost, they should never have been there in the first place.

Now if you really want a show where you have no clue what half the stuff they're playing is, try a Rush concert this summer. :)

My favorite album is Yield.

Ya, for me they are "classics", considering that the term is subjective, I would say the characterization qualifies.

what a great show. The crowd was insane.

PJ always puts on an awesome show. You gotta appreciate them live if you like rock music. They always play for at least almost 2 1/2 hours and 25-30+ songs. From night to night they change up the set list a ton. I saw 4 straight shows in Philly last year and they almost got through their entire studio catalog as well as numerous covers. All the songs sounded great and they closed out The Spectrum with a 3 1/2 hour show.

Hilarious that you would mention The Stones. I watched PJ open for them in '97 at the Oakland Colosseum during the Bridges to Babylon tour (I couldn't care less about The Stones, I was there to see PJ). PJ came out in matching rainsuits and played in a total downpour. It was awesome.

Still... !@#$ those dudes...

back in 97 i would have looked forward to both bands.

btw what is up with all the f*** pearl jam?

what a great show. The crowd was insane.

PJ always puts on an awesome show. You gotta appreciate them live if you like rock music. They always play for at least almost 2 1/2 hours and 25-30+ songs. From night to night they change up the set list a ton. I saw 4 straight shows in Philly last year and they almost got through their entire studio catalog as well as numerous covers. All the songs sounded great and they closed out The Spectrum with a 3 1/2 hour show.

you are absolutely right. they rock every time. thats why i still see them about every 5. enjoy it each time. but to do it every year, no, not me. i'll change it up a bit.

I saw Peter Gabriel in Toronto back in 2002. I like to joke that I was in the section "We only know the songs from So" since those seemed to be the ones that got any reaction from the people around me.