Raiders release Russell

Jamarcus Russel has been released by the Raiders... He's pocketed $39 million Al Davis bucks and he didn't earn a penny.

You can bet the owners are going to make Russel exhibit "A" now in their negotiations with the players association.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long before someone spots him at the airport?

Raiders sack Jamarcus

Some interesting numbers in the article....like the fact that he ended up getting paid $2 million per TD pass.

Jamarcus russell is the latest, and largest reason to have a rookie salary cap, that bum got 30 mil to do jack squat in oakland, its not right. Hopefully this new CBA addresses the problem.

Please don't bring him in...I can't stand him as much as Edwards makes me ill Russell is hard to like.

The problem is if they did he would beat Edwards out too and no Jauron to over rule

Although Edwards certainly has not looked good here, he is nowhere near as bad as Jamarcus.

How long before someone spots him at the airport?

Raiders sack Jamarcus

Some interesting numbers in the article....like the fact that he ended up getting paid $2 million per TD pass.

I'm not worried about him showing up there in Buffalo. Chan and Buddy have made there points clear about the QB situation. If they didn't go after a QB in the draft you can't tell me that Russel would be an upgrade at all.

Jamarcus russell is the latest, and largest reason to have a rookie salary cap, that bum got 30 mil to do jack squat in oakland, its not right. Hopefully this new CBA addresses the problem.

JM is laughing all the way to the bank. More money than he can count and he didn't trash his body (other than eating) to get it. Quite frankly, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more.

JM is laughing all the way to the bank. More money than he can count and he didn't trash his body (other than eating) to get it. Quite frankly, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more.

It's a good quesiton - why doesn't this kind of thing happen more? I think my only real theory on the subject is the general idea that it's so hard and so rare to be a #1 overall pick kind of player, you have to have some kind of insane competitive drive to make it work that wouldn't let you rest on your laurels.

Although Edwards certainly has not looked good here, he is nowhere near as bad as Jamarcus.

Disagree. While I assume JaMarcus would not work hard here like he didn't in Oakland, Trent is so bad that it's still worth a shot. What's the worst that could happen? We cut Russell and end up with Brohm / Fitz / Brown at QB? That's going to happen anyway - why not just cut Trent now and see if Russell can turn over a new leaf? In short, I'd rather have Russell in the 4-QB battle than Trent Edwards.

It would be interesting to know how much of that money he actually has left. He may not be laughing as hard as you might think.

Another team will undoubtedly pick him up, but his salary and his ego are in for a big, big reduction.