NFL preparing to use replacement players

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the NFL is preparing for the lockout. The thought of us using UFL players excites me. Link provided:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...in&hpt=Sbin

I hope not in the same way Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz gets excited.

“Some people watch adult videos on their computer. I go to YouTube and watch Jahvid Best highlight clips. That’s what gets me aroused.”

I love it. I feel the NFL should use replacements. Let the overpaid babie sit for about 2 years then see how badly they want their million dollar jobs back.

Millionares can't beat Billionares, it just doesn't work that way. The players can whine and B word all they want but they are ALL overpaid.

Fans want more reasonable ticket prices? Then cut players salaries so teams don't have to build brand new friggin stadiums.

The only way to fight off the NFL with UFL players is for the UFL to hire the locked-out NFL players. That'd be bizarre.

Yeah, then they'd all have to go "Incognito."

Anonymous scabs with assumed names.

Or they could hire retired players.

Joe Delamielleure and all his guys (who are fighting the current players for increased benefits) could make some extra coin and get some revenge on their union "brothers" who are making obscene money while turning their backs on the guys who helped build the league.

I always thought that they could only use replacement players if there is a strike, not a lockout.

What seems likely to happen is that the NFL will negotiate for a while, and then declare an impasse and implement its last offer, which will trigger a strike. The players will argue that the negotiations were in bad faith and the final offer so offensive, it might as well be a lockout. You can buy that or reject it as you so choose.

But this will justify the league hiring any players who apply for the open jobs. I wonder if the salary floor will remain in place.