So Chan thinks we can run the ball

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The running game will be in the toilet unless we can find guys that can block. See results from the past 2 years. No improvement from the O-line from last year means our runnning game is still going to suck again.

The running game will be in the toilet unless we can find guys that can block. See results from the past 2 years. No improvement from the O-line from last year means our runnning game is still going to suck again.

It is a little early to say there will be no improvement. Many things have changed - new coaching, new schemes and plays, new talent (Spiller), some new OL players, and the young OL players from last year are more experienced. There are certainly concerns but I expect considerable improvement.

brilliant i'm sure loosing 5 tackles and our RG had nothing to do with it. go find another team to hate because this kind of cluelessness is getting real old.

if your that dumb and hate the bills and the organization so much go find another team to root for because we certainly dont need clueless wise guy BS fans like you!

We're they really that bad last year? I think they finished around the middle of the pack in terms of yards. I think the running game and passing defense are the least of our problems. I think more experience, better coaching, and better play calling are going to make us look better than last year on offense as a whole. It's hard to say what the offense could and couldn't do last year because we had one guy designing the offense, coaching the QBs, and calling plays who had never done any of those things before in the NFL (and only for a year at the college level).

new zone blocking, new playbook, solid guard to guard OL, young guns at OT, hope springs for now......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ6x_CpOfyY

Hop into Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine. Back when the acquisition of Dockery and Walker had the fans raving about - at last- a "smash-mouth" running team.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...wasn't "zone blocking" the buzz words back then?

We actually ran well last season, especially considering we did not have a passing game.

Levitre, Hangartner and Wood will all be better after another year together. Levitre and Wood are going to be very good players. If we have some consistentcy at tackle we will be better than the revolving door we had last year were we had 6 different starters.

The key will be the play of the LT and also keeping the same 5 players in tact as a unit.

:w00t:

Despite the Bills' numerous problems on offense last year, the RB's averaged almost 4.3 YPC. The Bills will be able to run the ball (again) this year.

I do agree that we need to get a bit more help on the O-line for blocking. What I don't think you realize is we were ranked 16 in the league for rushing. Not that bad for us. With 3 of our line maters returning from there rookie seasons. We could be better than you think. As far as the passing attach..........................ugh! that's where we need the help. I can only hope that Wang is ready to go by the time we hit week 1. Bell isn't going to cut it. he should be a good fill in if we get bit by the injury bug again :w00t:

new zone blocking, new playbook, solid guard to guard OL, young guns at OT, hope springs for now......

Let that hope spring on up. I love the Bills and would love to see a sound running game again. To me pounding the rock, running the damn ball, three yards and a cloud of dust works. So Go Bills!

FYI, Our running game didn't suck last year.. 4.4 yards per rush is hardly sucking.. (Jackson had 4.5)

brilliant i'm sure loosing 5 tackles and our RG had nothing to do with it. go find another team to hate because this kind of cluelessness is getting real old.

if your that dumb and hate the bills and the organization so much go find another team to root for because we certainly dont need clueless wise guy BS fans like you!

Why did you find it necessary to attack this poster personally with insults like "clueless" and "dumb"? I disagree with him too but I what do you think "we" prefer, a respectful fan we disagree with or one whothrows insults around at anyone who disagrees with him? Its this kind of thing that drives so many away from here.

Tis better to remain silent and be assumed ignorant, than to speak up and remove all doubt.

:P

Despite the Bills' numerous problems on offense last year, the RB's averaged almost 4.3 YPC. The Bills will be able to run the ball (again) this year.

If only a good ypc stat was the goal. We didn't score points or gain enough yards, usually on the ground, on first down to keep the defense guessing. Its a fair point but I wouldn't count on our running game carrying us without some semblance of a passing game.