Thanks Leonidas

I have been on a couple of Bills boards and there has always been users that get out of line. Some boards can and will ban your account without warning. Rather than a moderated list which would require a huge effort, maybe banning is the way to go?

In any group there's people out of line. It happens. Take every instance personally and you're likely to go nuts in short order.

About 80% of the time, people spout off just to listen to themselves spout off. Leonidas' post to Tim is a great example of that - what other possible reason could he have addressing that complaint to the person he did in the forum he used other than "Gee, I feel special"?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost at a loss for words and myself personally, I've tried to make an extra effort lately to tone down my post out of respect for the board as a whole. I brag about our board all the time to folks and about having posters like Tim Graham, jw and our very own, Lori Chase.

Its to bad one person has to ruin it for everyone ...

It wasn't one person as far as I can tell. Leonidas was the unfortunate last offender. His attitude both before and after said transgression however, to me, prove that he did it intentionally (probably).

If people get out of line warn them. Then ban them.

You want Tim Graham back make a bold statement that things are going to be different.

The commisioner of the NFL is suspending players left right and center. Maybe we need to do the same thing here to restore the peace.

Again, tongue-in-cheek. Have you ever had a 10-page thread dedicated to people calling you a douchebag? Probably not...

If you need to get satisfaction from a long thread on an internet message board about you, then you have more issues then I thought

You're excused. :P

Really...I highly respect the attempt, but in my opinion you were tilting at windmills. People in general don't want information, they want to be comfortable in their preconceived notions. Tim was never going to trump Madden 2010 on a message board, unfortunately.

If someone is going to leave over what I have read, then I would consider it to be an overreaction. I have seen more vitriol and bannable conduct in PPP on a daily basis than I ever did in TG's threads. Reacting to the departure of Tim Graham is WAY too late, for bannable conduct has been tolerated here and in fact has been ignored. This is merely a wake up call that no matter WHO the poster is, it has to stop.

If someone is going to leave over what I have read, then I would consider it to be an overreaction. I have seen more vitriol and bannable conduct in PPP on a daily basis than I ever did in TG's threads. Reacting to the departure of Tim Graham is WAY too late, for bannable conduct has been tolerated here and in fact has been ignored. This is merely a wake up call that no matter WHO the poster is, it has to stop.

Only it was specifically spelled out, don't mess with the reporters. Mind you, anyone with a clue knew that mainly meant Tim Graham. Wawrow is the other reporter, but he is pretty thick skinned. He comes down to PPP and takes his fair share of lumps.

If people get out of line warn them. Then ban them.

You want Tim Graham back make a bold statement that things are going to be different.

The commisioner of the NFL is suspending players left right and center. Maybe we need to do the same thing here to restore the peace.

#1- Tim Graham, John Warrow & Lori are CROWN JEWELS of TBD. we are fortunate to have their contributions.

#2- SDS already "warned" & reminded folks of proper ettiquette regarding posts, especially in Tim's pinned thread.

#3- Leonidas pushed too hard and crossed the line.

#4- if this was my website, leonidas would already be banned for quite awhile.

Only it was specifically spelled out, don't mess with the reporters. Mind you, anyone with a clue knew that mainly meant Tim Graham. Wawrow is the other reporter, but he is pretty thick skinned. He comes down to PPP and takes his fair share of lumps.

Although SDS wrote his rules of engagement following the Schottenheimer fiasco, you're missing the part where John also left the board for a short period of time. He knows he's fair game on OTW or PPP, but the rule applies equally to both when they're discussing their work. In fact, I removed a post and dumped someone for taking a shot at him less than 12 hours ago.

Yes, but where is the line drawn? When you draw a line in a Code of Conduct on a board and says that these items are suspendable or bannable offenses and then fail to act because the poster has been on a board for years, or is usually a good guy, or writes articles, or X, then that sets a precedence. I GUARANTEE that if the COC was enforced fairly and expediently, then people would tone it down so there WOULD be no overreaction or reaction to a classless post.

Although SDS wrote his rules of engagement following the Schottenheimer fiasco, you're missing the part where John also left the board for a short period of time. He knows he's fair game on OTW or PPP, but the rule applies equally to both when they're discussing their work. In fact, I removed a post and dumped someone for taking a shot at him less than 12 hours ago.

Hey Lori, could we start with not allowing words like "douchebag" in thread titles. It really looks like crap to have that appear on the twobillsdrive main page. just sayin.

We're all Bills fans here,that's what brings us to this place to begin with. Is there something wrong with trying to be civil to one another????

it can't be a love fest all the time, but when you see "Bills Fans" get out of line and fight (like in the upper deck...tumbling down the stairs...), they get thrown out...

Why do you pretend that they're special people? If I were to post my website on here, and someone would take a shot at me, that would be perfectly fine... but if criticism gets to one of you "journalists" its unquestionably taboo? Really? This is a forum.

At first I appreciated TG for having the courage to come here and give insight, but his ego got in the way. That's what it comes down to. And don't pretend it's not ego. He got offended, and couldn't take the fact that people are jerks and insulted him. That's weak and sad.

If you can't take criticism without being offended you don't deserve your alleged high position in life (not that I feel like any of you "journalists are half as elite as you pretend).

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that John was fair game was discussing his work. Re-reading my post, I could see how that could be implied.

I am wrong a lot, I picture you sitting around as sitting at your desk yelling at the monitor, "This is why we can't have nice things". When I know you are really loading your gun, grabbing your Bible and your car keys...

:P

Hey Lori, could we start with not allowing words like "douchebag" in thread titles. It really looks like crap to have that appear on the twobillsdrive main page. just sayin.

Valid criticism. Guess I missed that one. Edited. Been a busy 24 hours or so, between deadline and this.

And don't be afraid to use the report button.