Nice job, Phillies fan.

Lori

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Philly and West Philly are like the 8th and 9th circles of Hell.

You are way off base. South Philly is a great place. Good restaurants, friendly people. Lots of neighbors who care about each other. South Philly is about the most Buffalo-like place you can find on the planet (in terms of people) without being in Buffalo.

You are way off base. South Philly is a great place. Good restaurants, friendly people. Lots of neighbors who care about each other. South Philly is about the most Buffalo-like place you can find on the planet (in terms of people) without being in Buffalo.

granted, I haven't done a complete tour of South Philadelphia, but where I have been (area around Pat's/Geno's, Broad + Pattison and South Street) leave a lot to be desired. I'd rather be in Manhattan. But hey, to-MAY-to/to-MAH-to, right?

So basically you went to a game once and got a cheesesteak on your way back and your car got broken into - that explains it.

South St. isn't South Philly, but nobody would know that without a "complete tour".

OK, then, resident expert...You have the chance to live on the Main Line or South Philly. Where are you moving your family?

OK, then, resident expert...You have the chance to live on the Main Line or South Philly. Where are you moving your family?

Holy ignorant apples to oranges. Would you rather live Midtown Manhattan or ___, NYC? Because ___ must be the pits if you chose the former :)

I sort of wish you took the time to visit the North side.

Holy ignorant apples to oranges. Would you rather live Midtown Manhattan or ___, NYC? Because ___ must be the pits if you chose the former :)

I sort of wish you took the time to visit the North side.

Looks like heaven on earth...

Where do I sign up?

And South Philadelphia?

Looks like a bigger Allentown.

Edit: BONUS! How about the wild, wild west?

People, there's a reason Philthadelphia is pulling a Detroit and dying at an unprecedented pace. As someone once said, it's a rest stop on the trip from NYC to DC.

Lol 7th St. Nice cherrypick. Try Passyunk Square dude. Or the Art Museum/Fairmount neighborhood. Or Rittenhouse, or Center City.

Or not. "Me on internet, me must argue".

:)

Listen, is Manayunk decent? Sure. Even the pit of despair that is Philadelphia has a few nice neigborhoods. But I'm pretty confident in saying the rest isn't worth saving.

Here's a better video of thing;

Evidently they are getting some heat for using the taser. It seems some people think it was too much force. My answer to that is that if he had stayed in the stands he never would have been tasered. :nana:

Here's a better video of thing;

Evidently they are getting some heat for using the taser. It seems some people think it was too much force. My answer to that is that if he had stayed in the stands he never would have been tasered. :nana:

Whatever happened to hiring security guys who are in decent shape?

Whatever happened to following the rules?

I agree, I just found your video funny in that the overweight security guy wouldn't have caught up with the kid if the kid hadn't made that turn.

uh-huh, well...howsabout you park your nice, shiny new car in either of those places and see how things work out, ok?

I've OFTEN parked my car on the street in North Philly (which is not desireable by any stretch) and never had a problem. During the day and at night.

You have no clue regarding South Philly but you already know that. And Manyunk is Philly only in zip code, and to my taste, not that great a place.

Whatever happened to hiring security guys who are in decent shape?

Whatever happened to punks like this getting the sh-- kicked out of them by cops after they dragged him off the field.