Nice job, Phillies fan.

Lori

And could you live with yourself, as a cop, if the guy got away from you and stabbed one of the players?

If you're enough of an idiot to run onto the field, you have to accept the consequences.

It seems a large segment of society comes out with "Why did they have to _______ when all he was doing was ________ it's just excessive. They didn't need to do that.

My answer to that would be. Why did he ________________ when he knew it was illegal? Why didn't he ___________ after being told several times to do so?

A big part of what's wrong with this society is people making excuses for those who receive the consequences of knowingly stupid decisions.

In Rochester a cop shot a guy who was holding a butcher knife and refused to drop it. I wasn't there but the reporting of the incident makes it sound perfectly justifiable to me. Of course the friends and family and uber liberals cry about it not being necessary. (The guy was shot in the leg BTW) He NEVER would have been SHOT if he had DROPPED the knife!!! Why do they feel it was necessary for him to hold on to the knife?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems a large segment of society comes out with "Why did they have to _______ when all he was doing was ________ it's just excessive. They didn't need to do that.

My answer to that would be. Why did he ________________ when he knew it was illegal? Why didn't he ___________ after being told several times to do so?

A big part of what's wrong with this society is people making excuses for those who receive the consequences of knowingly stupid decisions.

In Rochester a cop shot a guy who was holding a butcher knife and refused to drop it. I wasn't there but the reporting of the incident makes it sound perfectly justifiable to me. Of course the friends and family and uber liberals cry about it not being necessary. (The guy was shot in the leg BTW) He NEVER would have been SHOT if he had DROPPED the knife!!! Why do they feel it was necessary for him to hold on to the knife?

We will see if tasering fans who run onto the field, becomes policy. I think not. Tasers are causing cops to become lazy. Why should I use my training when I can just taser the guy.

We will see if tasering fans who run onto the field, becomes policy. I think not. Tasers are causing cops to become lazy. Why should I use my training when I can just taser the guy.

Wow. We haven't seen idiocy about police work on this level since the Sean Bell thread.

Using Tasers is part of the training. So his training paid off quite well, I'd say.

So you think it's better for a cop to tackle the guy and risk his own bodily injury instead of using the taser and guarantee that he won't be hurt?

No. Douchey guys get hurt. Cop stays safe.

Monica Seles wishes security had a taser.

So you think it's better for a cop to tackle the guy and risk his own bodily injury instead of using the taser and guarantee that he won't be hurt?

Yes, I do believe they should have tackled him instead of using a taser.

A taser would not have prevented the Seles incident, they are not comparable.

I have a opinion different than yours, so I must be an idiot? Well done.

No, you are an idiot for rehashing ignorant anti-police stereotypes and being wrong about tasers, as others have pointed out in this thread.

I would have eaten fewer doughnuts and caught the guy.

Nice "opinion". :wallbash:

:wallbash: My personal favorite version is: "What about ____ five years ago - what he did was much worse!".

No, you are an idiot for rehashing ignorant anti-police stereotypes and being wrong about tasers, as others have pointed out in this thread.

Nice "opinion". :wallbash:

Tell that to the people's families who have died from being tased.

Sometimes steroetypes exist for a reason. We all got to see it this time on video.

A taser would not have prevented the Seles incident

Whether or not that's true, if you don't understand why that's insignificant, then you're hopeless.

The point is the cops don't know in the heat of the moment whether someone's an harmless/drunk attention whore loser, or if they're a different kind of loser with evil intentions like the guys who attacked the Royals 3rd base coach in Chicago.

So yah, they are comparable.

[in before "But that wasn't the same!]

Tell that to cops' families who have died because they didn't use sufficient force against CRIMINALS.

Sometimes steroetypes exist for a reason. We all got to see it this time on video.

Yeah, and in almost every case, the video shows some scumbag breaking the law and/or refusing to comply with a command from a cop.

Tell that to cops' families who have died because they didn't use sufficient force against CRIMINALS.

Yeah, and in almost every case, the video shows some scumbag breaking the law and/or refusing to comply with a command from a cop.

Every situation is unique, in this case I believe that was excessive force and i don't think we we see that happening again anytime soon. Just a feeling.

Were these supposed deadly tasings the result of the person being tased acting like an idiot, refusing to obey law and law officers? If so then it's their fault not the cops. When a cop tases a guy it's not with the intent to kill. In fact in a lot cases it's to keep them from having to kill them.

Simple fact; Don't break the law and you won't get tased. 'Nuff said.

Were these supposed deadly tasings the result of the person being tased acting like an idiot, refusing to obey law and law officers? If so then it's their fault not the cops. When a cop tases a guy it's not with the intent to kill. In fact in a lot cases it's to keep them from having to kill them.

Simple fact; Don't break the law and you won't get tased. 'Nuff said.

So is that why they tased this guy, so they wouldn't have to kill him?

Here's a couple more:

Kansas City Royals first-base coach Tom Gamboa was beaten by two men who materialized out of the stands at Chicago's Comiskey Park in 2002.

Houston Astros rightfielder Bill Spiers was attacked by a fan in Milwaukee in 1999

A fan charged Cubs reliever Randy Myers on the mound at Wrigley Field in 1995.

Every situation is unique, in this case I believe that was excessive force and i don't think we we see that happening again anytime soon. Just a feeling.

First, a preface: I am a police officer. I have a Taser, a PR-24 baton, pepper spray, a gun, and a K9. I have been trained appropriately in the use of these tools, and have been exposed to the Taser and the pepper spray. I am also familiar with my agency's policies and procedures on the use of these tools.

Now...

Please, find a source to educate yourself on topics other than the media. Your opinions on the Taser are clearly a result of the input of sensationalistic media. You have absolutely no idea what the legal justifications for Taser use are. You have no idea how the Taser works (My guess is you have heard how many volts are in a Taser shock, but don't know the amps. You probably also don't know why volts vs amps are important). Yet, you assert that the officer is fat, lazy, and is going to get sued. Well, I will reiterate that you are wrong.

"I would have eaten less doughnuts and caught the guy". Right. How many times have you chased down, tackled, and then tried to handcuff a resisting subject? Never, you say? Ok... it isn't as easy as you see on TV. Once you chase, and then tackle the guy, now you are on the ground. The last place that I want to be as a police officer is on the ground (unless I have to be). Being on the ground is a position of disadvantage. I want the subject to be on the ground, and I want to be standing or kneeling over him/her. Ok, now that we have tackled the person and are on the ground, we need to get the handcuffs on them. Most likely, they don't want to be handcuffed (since they just tried to run from you) and will be trying like mad to keep you from doing this. Now, we are on the ground rolling around and wrestling with the person. Now, it is easier for him to get my gun. It is harder for me to retain my gun. Therefore, it is easier for me to die. So, assuming that job #1 for me is to go home safely to my family after a long day's work, what am I going to do? If given the chance, and having the legal authority to do so, will I tase the bad guy and therefore put myself at a position of advantage and the bad guy at disadvantage, and virtually assure that I will be safe? Or, am I going to chance getting hurt and hurting the bad guy worse just so that some ignorant Buffalo Bills fan won't criticize me on a message board? I'll take the former, please....with a dozen doughnuts....

First, a preface: I am a police officer. I have a Taser, a PR-24 baton, pepper spray, a gun, and a K9. I have been trained appropriately in the use of these tools, and have been exposed to the Taser and the pepper spray. I am also familiar with my agency's policies and procedures on the use of these tools.

Now...

Please, find a source to educate yourself on topics other than the media. Your opinions on the Taser are clearly a result of the input of sensationalistic media. You have absolutely no idea what the legal justifications for Taser use are. You have no idea how the Taser works (My guess is you have heard how many volts are in a Taser shock, but don't know the amps. You probably also don't know why volts vs amps are important). Yet, you assert that the officer is fat, lazy, and is going to get sued. Well, I will reiterate that you are wrong.

"I would have eaten less doughnuts and caught the guy". Right. How many times have you chased down, tackled, and then tried to handcuff a resisting subject? Never, you say? Ok... it isn't as easy as you see on TV. Once you chase, and then tackle the guy, now you are on the ground. The last place that I want to be as a police officer is on the ground (unless I have to be). Being on the ground is a position of disadvantage. I want the subject to be on the ground, and I want to be standing or kneeling over him/her. Ok, now that we have tackled the person and are on the ground, we need to get the handcuffs on them. Most likely, they don't want to be handcuffed (since they just tried to run from you) and will be trying like mad to keep you from doing this. Now, we are on the ground rolling around and wrestling with the person. Now, it is easier for him to get my gun. It is harder for me to retain my gun. Therefore, it is easier for me to die. So, assuming that job #1 for me is to go home safely to my family after a long day's work, what am I going to do? If given the chance, and having the legal authority to do so, will I tase the bad guy and therefore put myself at a position of advantage and the bad guy at disadvantage, and virtually assure that I will be safe? Or, am I going to chance getting hurt and hurting the bad guy worse just so that some ignorant Buffalo Bills fan won't criticize me on a message board? I'll take the former, please....with a dozen doughnuts....

Nice!! :wallbash: