Nice job, Phillies fan.

Lori

Like I said earlier, every situation is different. I think in this case it should have been handled the same way these types of situations have been handled in the past and the same as it was handled the next night. I think any reasonable human being could see that this was a jackass kid screwing around waving a towel over his head, not a gun.

I want cops not to treat tasers as a quick fix. Not "!@#$ it tase the punk and toss him in the car".

I'm sure there are plenty of times where the taser is the safest way to get the job done, this was not one of them.

Way to compare what this kid did, to someone holding a gun to someones head.

I know you feel like you have to stick up for your own, it's what cops do and it's what I would do if I was a cop. However IMO this was lazy police work.

For who? The suspect or cops? It seems to me that this was by far the safest way for the cops to immobilize him.

Because when you break the law, the consequences come on your day in court, not during your arrest.

Unless you resist.

What he said. :wallbash:

It's up to the guy as to what consequences he wants to endure. Stepping on the field means he's willing to face the legal and dangerous consequences of that. Refusing to cooperate with a police officer means he's willing to face the legal and dangerous consequences of that.

Of course you are right, you are a cop after all. :doh:

How many times, on your job, have you had to quickly analyze everything you're about to do to make sure you're not killed? For police it's several times a week to several times a day.

Link

For starters, it is important to know that more police officers are killed each year while conducting traffic stops than during any other police function. This means that in a police officer's mind, a traffic stop is more deadly than a bank robbery, a domestic disturbance or even a bar fight. Because of this statistic, officers are trained to approach each vehicle with due care and caution.

The reason you can feel relatively safe in this society is due to what LE officers do everyday. They put their lives on the line for you and your family to try to keep this country safe. You'd think a little respect wouldn't be a bad thing. Your inability to understand that LE officers have lives, limbs and families makes you come across like a very uncaring person. You seem to care about this kid but not about the officers pursuing him. If one or the other had to get hurt in a situation like this who would you prefer to see hurt? I'd say the kid hands down. Who would you rather see?

Once again, if you don't want to deal with the consequences don't break the law. If he had stayed sitting in the stands the whole night he never would have been tased. So who's fault is it that he got tased?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me that thebug may have resisted arrest in the past.

I'm for giving everyone tasers and allowing them to tase any douchebag they run into. :doh:

Seems to me that thebug may have resisted arrest in the past.

I'm for giving everyone tasers and allowing them to tase any douchebag they run into. :thumbsup:

You are correct, a bogus arrest to boot. But hey, I was a witness who helped put away a cop on extortion (and other) charges. The prick got 49 months of paid "leave" (on my dime) before he was sentenced. So you will have to forgive me if I don't buckle at the knees when a cop tells me to do something.

the second bolded part; that could be fun. :doh:

Of course you are right, you are a cop after all. :lol:

My comment wasn't referring to you. My comment was referring to the stupid fan that ran on the field for his 45 seconds of fame. That being said, I am right and you are wrong in this instance. Not because I am a police officer, but because I understand the legalities of Taser use. You have yet to grasp it.

You are correct, a bogus arrest to boot. But hey, I was a witness who helped put away a cop on extortion (and other) charges. The prick got 49 months of paid "leave" (on my dime) before he was sentenced. So you will have to forgive me if I don't buckle at the knees when a cop tells me to do something.

the second bolded part; that could be fun. :lol:

Only if you forgive me for tasing you afterwards.

My comment wasn't referring to you. My comment was referring to the stupid fan that ran on the field for his 45 seconds of fame. That being said, I am right and you are wrong in this instance. Not because I am a police officer, but because I understand the legalities of Taser use. You have yet to grasp it.

I'm sure you are correct in the legalities of the use of the taser in this situation. I guess my problem is with the policy that makes it ok in to use the taser in this case.

I'm sure you are correct in the legalities of the use of the taser in this situation. I guess my problem is with the policy that makes it ok in to use the taser in this case.

Gotcha. In our wonderfully free society we are free to have a dissenting opinion. When you start calling cops lazy, insisting that they would get sued (and lose), and stating as fact this this Taser use is improper, I felt the need to show you the other side of the coin. If you just disagree with it, I understand. :lol:

Gotcha. In our wonderfully free society we are free to have a dissenting opinion. When you start calling cops lazy, insisting that they would get sued (and lose), and stating as fact this this Taser use is improper, I felt the need to show you the other side of the coin. If you just disagree with it, I understand. :lol:

That's fair.