AFC East first 4 weeks

Lets looks at the first 4 weeks of the season in the division. All 4 teams have a very Tough beginning of the year.

Buf.......Miami, @Packers,@ NE, Jets.

Lets hope we beat the Fins at home. Might be our only win to start off. I think all these games will be close. We don't know the Spiller effect yet but I will say 1-3 with a mild chance at 2-2.

Fins.....@Bills, @Vikings, Jets, Pats.

If they don't beat us at home they could be 0-4.

Jets.. Ravens,NE, @Miami,Bills

They could win all 4. But I doubt they will. Best case 3-1 with a loss to the Ravens hopefully. 2-2 is not out of the question either.

Paties... Bengals,@ Jets, Bills, @ Miami.

They could win all 4 also but not likely, they never play well at Miami, who knows what the Bengals will be like but they were a playoff team last year. 3-1 most likely but 2-2 is not out of the question.

After 4 weeks I see. Pats 3-1

Jets 2-2

Bills 1-3

Fins 0-4

comments?

Lets looks at the first 4 weeks of the season in the division. All 4 teams have a very Tough beginning of the year.

Lets hope we beat the Fins at home. Might be our only win to start off. I think all these games will be close. We don't know the Spiller effect yet but I will say 1-3 with a mild chance at 2-2.

They could win all 4. But I doubt they will. Best case 3-1 with a loss to the Ravens hopefully. 2-2 is not out of the question either.

They could win all 4 also but not likely, they never play well at Miami, who knows what the Bengals will be like but they were a playoff team last year. 3-1 most likely but 2-2 is not out of the question.

Jets 2-2

Bills 1-3

Fins 0-4

comments?

I think your right. Jets and Pats could be 4-0 but I have a feeling that it will be pretty tight in the AFC East with the Jests and Cheatriots on top. I will say this though. Hopefully Billecheat figures out how to pick apart the Jests Defense...

Fins have a much more realistic chance to be 2-2 than the Bills have of being 1-3. Bills 0-4. Pats 2-2, Jets 3-1, Fins 2-2.

All of the other teams are better to start with, all have a QB, they all did more than the Bills in the off season to improve their team, none are learning new offenses, none are learning new defenses, none have a new coaching staff, none have questions on their O-line, QB, #2 receiver, tight end, OLB, or DL. Other than that we are right there with them.

Jets 2-2

Bills 1-3

Fins 0-4

comments?

bills 3-1

fins 2-2 or something

pats 2-2 or something

jets 2-2 or something

I think more along the lines of Clipper. Bills 2-2, Jets 2-2, Pats 2-2, Phins 0-4. This isn't the Dick Jauron camp here. No more turkey sandwiches with warm milk and Sarah McGlauchin playing in the locker room at halftimes. More like deer jerkey, motor oil and PANTERA. This team is a whole different animal. I don't give a !@#$ who plays QB, we will have a shot to win any game this year. I don't understand how low some of you idiots are on the team. They aint gonna be any worse thats for sure.

I think more along the lines of Clipper. Bills 2-2, Jets 2-2, Pats 2-2, Phins 0-4. This isn't the Dick Jauron camp here. No more turkey sandwiches with warm milk and Sarah McGlauchin playing in the locker room at halftimes. More like deer jerkey, motor oil and PANTERA. This team is a whole different animal. I don't give a !@#$ who plays QB, we will have a shot to win any game this year. I don't understand how low some of you idiots are on the team. They aint gonna be any worse thats for sure.

the last two seasons you had players and the bills selling the whole "we will make the playoffs" hype.

this time is kind of different. the playoffs is not really in the "air" but im still excited. we have a new coach. new scheme, new players.

while that doesnt always equal wins, it does sometimes.

i was happy as hell when jaron left. his mediocre way of coaching left us nowhere.

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. good teams lose. bad teams win. thats the nfl for ya!

Yeah, but..

We're still just talking the first 4 games. In today's NFL, a 4-0 or 0-4 start doesn't really tell anything anymore. Titans started 0-6 last year, then only lost to Indy & SD the rest of the year. Denver was just the opposite and many teams were somewhere in between.

Obviously, division games are important, and we see them all in the first quarter. But much can change in the timeframe between then and season ending rematches.

I expect a growing process that will reap rewards late. JMO.

It's fun being in the AFCE. We have been playing the Jets and Pats since 1960, the Phins since 68.

Competiton is what its all about. Man up.

As a Phins fan I couldn't agree more. I love the battles and the history that we share. I can remember games when we were on top and got knocked off by Buffalo. I'm also old enough to remember going an entire decade w/o losing to you guys. Oh how you must have hated us then. I love the fact that I hate you (Buffalo and it's fan's) and love the fact that you hate me (Miami and its fans). There is true history here and it's special.

There was a thread not to long ago on the Dolphin forum I use and it had a lot to do with this very topic. The OP suggested that we would be better off switching divisions to the AFC south and all but one of us completely disagreed. If any of you are at all interested here is the thread.

I think your right. Jets and Pats could be 4-0 but I have a feeling that it will be pretty tight in the AFC East with the Jests and Cheatriots on top. I will say this though. Hopefully Billecheat figures out how to pick apart the Jests Defense...

How will both teams be 4-0 when they play each other?

As a Phins fan I couldn't agree more. I love the battles and the history that we share. I can remember games when we were on top and got knocked off by Buffalo. I'm also old enough to remember going an entire decade w/o losing to you guys. Oh how you must have hated us then. I love the fact that I hate you (Buffalo and it's fan's) and love the fact that you hate me (Miami and its fans). There is true history here and it's special.

There was a thread not to long ago on the Dolphin forum I use and it had a lot to do with this very topic. The OP suggested that we would be better off switching divisions to the AFC south and all but one of us completely disagreed. If any of you are at all interested here is the thread.

Good post. I've read and heard a lot about how the Bills-Fish rivalry "isn't a rivalry any more" and it boils my blood every time. I remember the 0-for-70s streak and how Bills fans ripped down the goalposts in 1980 when it ended. I remember Jim Kelly OWNING Dan Marino. I hated Shula, hated Johnson, Wanny, and now Tony Soprano and his obnoxious gum-chomping. Close your mouth you buffoon. I think it's appropriate the Dolphins got caught in the "Tuna" net, and I believe the Fish will finish last in the AFCE this year.

F**k Miami.

Yeah, but..

We're still just talking the first 4 games. In today's NFL, a 4-0 or 0-4 start doesn't really tell anything anymore. Titans started 0-6 last year, then only lost to Indy & SD the rest of the year. Denver was just the opposite and many teams were somewhere in between.

Obviously, division games are important, and we see them all in the first quarter. But much can change in the timeframe between then and season ending rematches.

I expect a growing process that will reap rewards late. JMO.

I was just looking at the schedules of all the teams in the East and the first 4 games are tough and we have 3 division games in that period.

It is important because we can catch a win or 2 just because they don't have alot of film on us and what Gailey is going to do with this offense.

If we can beat the Fins and Jets at home and be 2-2 with 2 wins in the division I would be very happy and surprised if they did it.

I agree the Bills will be better later in the season .

:rolleyes: Considering all the changes since last season, until we see the actual team on the field, it's very difficult to project how the Bills will do. But the four opponents are a "Known known." So if the Bills are improved even a scant 10% over last season, when they were awfully close in several loses, I think 4-0 is not out of the question. Then again, neither is 0-4. I think I'll wait until late August to decide.

we beat the jets last year,,patriots squeaked by us dont have to remind u of the 1st game..and last time we played miami we beat em 24-0 in the last quarter...this was all done with half our team out and pop warner offense...tough start but this is an easy schedule compared to years..3-1 and afc east better look out

Jets 2-2

Bills 1-3

Fins 0-4

comments?

I hate to say it, but I think Miami has a better team than the Bills right now. We could be 0-4 after the first month of the season.

Yep! we hate the Dolphins... Maybe not the fans they are pretty lame, I go to the games in Miami once in a while with my Bills uni and rarely get any attention... Try that at the Ralph with a Dolphins uni.... Yellow Coats attack!

I think the Bills will have the best chance at beating the good teams early simply because there will be little for other teams to prepare for with us - no one will know what our offense or defense will really look like until we play our first game. Add to that the versatility of our Defense - as was shown on Buffalorumblings, we could play versions of either the 3-4 or 4-3 with our current personnel. Especially the teams without really potent offenses, I'd say we stand a good chance of beating them early. We should improve, also, more or less over the next few seasons. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills finish 3rd in our division this year.