Upon further review...

BobbyC81

After reflection of my own sports writing experience, I know I responded in haste.

Having sports writing aspirations from a young age, years later I was finally given an opportunity with a fairly well-known website, which also included being a contributing writer to an annual publication.

My experiences are from a different viewpoint. After receiving about as many redlines to a submitted article as the keystrokes required to write the original, and seeing a final product looking much different from what was submitted, my pursuit of a "dream' soon ended.

In the age of the internet, blogs, etc. sports writing has become a thankless activity whose compensation is only one's enjoyment & pride in what they've written.

I cannot really relate to the frustrations involved in an obligation to provide daily updates.

Again, I apologize for being too quick to criticize without considering all of the factors for those involved.

After reflection of my own sports writing experience, I know I responded in haste.

Having sports writing aspirations from a young age, years later I was finally given an opportunity with a fairly well-known website, which also included being a contributing writer to an annual publication.

My experiences are from a different viewpoint. After receiving about as many redlines to a submitted article as the keystrokes required to write the original, and seeing a final product looking much different from what was submitted, my pursuit of a "dream' soon ended.

In the age of the internet, blogs, etc. sports writing has become a thankless activity whose compensation is only one's enjoyment & pride in what they've written.

I cannot really relate to the frustrations involved in an obligation to provide daily updates.

Again, I apologize for being too quick to criticize without considering all of the factors for those involved.

Wellw, Iw forw onew thinkw thatw isw aw veryw nicew apologyw. :rolleyes:

Apologies to you as well for the crybaby remark - I got hot when I saw the complaint. Kudos for this post - not everyone would have done that.

No worries... Apology accepted

Worried about future employment?

When I was in college I wrote a piece for the paper on Black History month and the editor changed it to Black Student Union month. That caused me some headaches!! There is no stopping an incompetent douchebag sometimes.

Upon arriving at both this and the original thread late...

Kudos for the apology. It was warranted. Typos happen, from BillsDaily to my small-town weekly to the cover of Sports Illustrated. The saying goes, "Surgeons bury their mistakes. We print ours." And when you catch one, you grit your teeth, say a few choice words, fix it if you can, and try to do better next time.

And I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind a helping hand on the copydesk, if anyone's so inclined.