Jorge Guerra

PS 56

Jason peters was probably the best undrafted rookie free agent the Bills ever had. But even Jason played for three years before he was put into the left tackle spot where he made the Pro Bowl. With this new group of rookies coming in I was wondering who might be the next "Jason Peters". Not in terms of who will play left tackle but who will turn out to be a solid contributor and great player over the next several years. In my mind the stand out is Jorge Guerra. Here is a few links on him.

http://www.myrgvsports.net/?c=673&a=2881

http://www.krgv.com/sports/story/NFLs-Bill...x2aAcgEdkQ.cspx

http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=32048

Thought I would get the discussion going anyway. Go Bills... :wallbash:

Jason peters was probably the best undrafted rookie free agent the Bills ever had. But even Jason played for three years before he was put into the left tackle spot where he made the Pro Bowl. With this new group of rookies coming in I was wondering who might be the next "Jason Peters". Not in terms of who will play left tackle but who will turn out to be a solid contributor and great player over the next several years. In my mind the stand out is Jorge Guerra. Here is a few links on him.

Thought I would get the discussion going anyway. Go Bills... :rolleyes:

Seems like another high character pick up for the Bills. I am not sure how this kid will fit into the pro game given the competition he faced in college. It will be interesting to see how he does in camp.

Cool.

A LT going for his Masters. Nice.

Guy's got brains as well as brawns.

This is one true sign that I think the tide is starting to turn at OBD. There are tons of talented players from small schools that only need a chance to catch on somewhere. The Super Bowl Bills mined the depths of the college ranks and consistently came away with "hidden" gems.

Nix coming back is a great sign. I like all of these undrafted signings, and the Buffalo connection with Roosevelt. If nothing else, it certainly brings back a solid fan base as we see if Naaman can make the team.

GO BILLS!

How about Fred Jackson?

PTR

How about Robert James Cornerback out of Fisk College (71).

I was going to write Tom Sestak but he was a 17th round draft choice out of McNese State. That's right the draft used to be

17 rounds. That means that there are plenty of UDFA's who can play at the Pro Bowl level.

How about Robert James Cornerback out of Fisk College (71).

I was going to write Tom Sestak but he was a 17th round draft choice out of McNese State. That's right the draft used to be

17 rounds. That means that there are plenty of UDFA's who can play at the Pro Bowl level.

There are good players to be found in UDFA but I don't think info from 40 years ago has any bearing on the draft today. You say 17th round like Sestak was the 500th player on the board.

I'm really pleased with the team "mining" these small schools, too. The way I see it, if the guys have the same build, the same strength, the same size - sure, the small school guys might look better next to the lesser competition, but all these rookies are shocked by the speed of the pro game. If the small school guys can run as fast, move as smoothly, then there's no reason some of them can't succeed. I think that is where teams can really catch up - the UDFA market. A team can carry only so many guys, so when the roster isn't full of top end talent yet, you can flood it and give the little known's a chance. Once the roster is full of guys we're sure of, there'll be less room for "potential".

Seems like another high character pick up for the Bills. I am not sure how this kid will fit into the pro game given the competition he faced in college. It will be interesting to see how he does in camp.

In all the years I've followed the Bills, I don't think I've ever seen a draft class like this. Without exception, everyone of the picks and FAs seem to be really good kids. And they all appear to be bright, thoughtful, reflective, modest and genuine. Even Spiller, who of all of the Bills picks might have had the "right" to be cocky and flashy, is anything but that. Heck, he went against his own mother's urging in order to finish his schooling, in part because he felt an obligation to the man who signed him.

I think this bodes well for the Bills.

Welcome Jorge Guerra's brother the msg board folks. You must be related to him.

Really? Ever heard of Pat Williams?

He was a great pickup from '97. Took a couple of years to "learn the game" from Ted and then succeeded all expectation. I wonder if he would have been drafted if only his college career was a little more "linear".

Why do people keep posting nonsense. Is it OK to put stuff that's completely wrong on the boards if it's about Jason Peters?

In Peters' first year, he was listed as a TE. He actually caught a TD pass, but his biggest effect may have been the way that he absolutely destroyed wedges on special teams. Nobody had seen a guy that size run like that before, and he would hit the wedge on punts and kicks and all four guys would go down. Remember that he also blocked a punt that year by squashing the center, going right through the upback and still getting there to block the kick and recover in the end zone for a TD.

In the off-season after his first year, they switched him to RT. In the seventh game of his second year, he was the starting RT and instantly became the best OT on our team.

That's the way it actually happened. But this is like the 4th time I've seen that Peters took 3 years to develop. That's the reason people are asked to provide links for stuff. So nonsense doesn't get repeated over and over and over.

Here are his career stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeteJa21.htm

Here is his wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Peters

As anyone can see, some moron screwed up the wiki. Someone who knows how to probably ought to do something about that. Wikis of public figures who are hated - even if they are only hated by small groups of rabid crazies - are often screwed up. You can't count on them.

Really? Ever heard of Pat Williams?

Yup. Williams is probably the second-best UDFA the Bills ever selected. If you want to say they're about equal, go ahead, but Peters is still young.

As mentioned, Freddy Jackson is another good one, and I didn't realize Robert James was too. He was great.

Jabari Greer also.

The problem is that lately we've been developing them and watching them walk away to other teams.

In all the years I've followed the Bills, I don't think I've ever seen a draft class like this. Without exception, everyone of the picks and FAs seem to be really good kids. And they all appear to be bright, thoughtful, reflective, modest and genuine. Even Spiller, who of all of the Bills picks might have had the "right" to be cocky and flashy, is anything but that. Heck, he went against his own mother's urging in order to finish his schooling, in part because he felt an obligation to the man who signed him.

Although I appreciate your optimism, I don't think you can take too seriously what these kids seem to be. Yes, they all sound like great young men, but I for one have fell into this trap before. For instance, when Marshawn Lynch was drafted he seemed like a great young man. He talked about his Miomma all the time, and how she goes where he goes, and all that Momma stuff until you figured he was such a great young man, and a Momma's boy! Well, he has been anything but a little Momma's boy! Guns in his trunk, allegedly his car and possibly Lynch involvement in a hit-and-run accident, accused

by a woman of taken a $20.00 bill right out of her hand etc....

What about O.J. Simpson another mild-mannered running back who had a great career in Buffalo, and was popular enough

to be an actor, Hertz rental car ad icon, and a well liked NBC Sports reporter and NFL Sideline guy. What a nice demeanor

he displayed!! Well you know how that story goes......................

What about McGahee...what a nice story about a College superstar that came back from severe ACL injuries to his leg. The

Bills took a risk drafting him, and how did he pay the organization back??? By putting down Buffalo, it's nightlife, women etc..

Oh, how could I almost forget, Aaron (Maybe) Maybin ! Although this chapter isn't completed yet...I remember the stories upon his arrival...How he was mentored by former Redskin Lavarr Arrington and the bond they had. The high hopes, aspirations and all that he had for Maybin and all this talk....Well, we'll reserve most of my feelings on the subject until

history has been decided, but so far anyways...He's one big bust !!! (and not the type of bust that is in Canton, Ohio)!

There are plenty of other examples of high expectations for Bill's draft classes, the caliber of the individuals drafted that

particular year, and the general consensus among "us" Bill's fans that the Bills are finally on the right road and in good hands. Every year I would predict the Bills to finish 10-6, and the majority of the time the Bills are a far cry from 10-6.

I hate to be the one that pours salt on your wound, but if you took the general opinion and predictions of all the Bill's prognosticators over the past decade and divide by two, you would be very close to what the caliber of this team has been, and still is.

The Bills are a team of many holes and little depth. You can argue, that the Bills fill all the holes through the draft, veteran

free-agency and rookie free-agents, and technically you would be correct.

The key difference between the Buffalo Bills and viable organizations like Indianapolis, Pittsbugh, New England, San Diego

etc...is that over the years they will take the "Big Boy" talent in the draft. The Randy Moss's, Peyton Manning's, LT's, etc...

If we would have taken a OLT, or QB at #9 the Bill's would have had to shell out a lot more money, and you can bet that

money is still the root of this organizations focus.

If you keep patching holes with mediocre, mid-round talent you remain a marginal team. Plugging the QB hole with a 7th

round QB gives you the 4th QB that Buddy Nix promised, but don't tell me you wouldn't have been much more excited

and have even more optimism if we drafted Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy or whomever your QB of choice was!!

The Bills organization has almost programmed the Bills fans into believing that we "got over" on the rest of the NFL, by

by-passing the "norm" and doing our shopping at small schools or little known colleges. It does matter that the Bigger

name, higher projected players played at big schools and were highly recruited. It does matter that they played against superior talent game in and game out.

So we got WR Naaman Rosevelt...that's great! I wish the kid the best...Maybe it'll sell a few more tickets...but seriously, You know the talent level of the Bulls does not stack up with OHIO State, Penn State, Florida, USC etc etc... He'll be lucky

to make the practice squad!

Going full-circle, and giving the Bills fan the full gamut of just why you can't take anything the new "draftees" say or do to seriously, especially in their rookie year....We've seen it before, and will see it again! We've seen the optimism! We've heard playoff promises from Donte Whitner! We've heard the Momma routine! We've become passionate (maybe a bit cynacle) Bills fans that have grown up with the Bills promises and excuses.

There are only a couple things that I know for sure about the Bills: As long as Ralph Wilson is the owner and continues

to hire coaches on the cheap and refrain from investing dollars in top talent the Bills will remain an inferior team and

the coaching carousel will continue about every four years.

My prediction based on "Bills theory" Bills theory= Anticipated Wins minus .50 = Wins...............

BUFFALO BILLS 2010 SEASON PREDICTION BASED ON BILLS THEORY IS: 5 Wins 11 Losses !!! It hurts me too :rolleyes:

I kind of feel the same way. I don't know what it is, but I just have a really good feeling about the players we've brought in recently. We could both be completely wrong, of course, but I agree that there is a different feel to this group of kids. I get the sense that we're going to have some pretty intense camp battles for certain spots, and we'll end up with a young team of hungry, angry, but well-disciplined players. I feel good about Nix and I'm warming up to the idea of Chan Gailey as our coach. I really think we have a guy who will get us back into the playoffs in the next 2-3 years. :)