Nelson will have a pro bowl season!

I would pencil Nelson in for 40-50 catches 500ish yards and 4 TD's. Which honestly would be a solid year for an emerging guy. Nelson didn't play much last season but grasping a new system and playing full time in the NFL to put in those kinds of number would inspire a lot of confidence in his abilities going forward.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take 40 and 5!!!!!! Agree the guy is a talent and we need to focus on getting Nelson th eball with his speed/size ratio. Was very underutilized last year.

I like Nelson, and Jauron's terrible O didn't get him involved enough. Will be nice to see an offense that attacks the D. I also think Stupar will be a suprise. He also has the abiltiy to catch the ball.

I think that Gailey is siting back and looking at his weapons with a big smile! With Spiller and Jackson as a one two punch the team has unlimitted possiblities. T.O. was OK last year but I think our offense was predictable because once Lynch came back there was no screen option unless Fred was in the backfield! Face it Lynch is not a good receiver and that is his biggest weakness. With two backs that can catch I think the tight end routes will be open all day! Much like it was at the beginning of last year before Lynch came back and had to get his touches. I think this will free up Nelson who is a great talent. I say 60 catches 10 TD's!!!

Are you taking bets on this??? Please tell me you are accepting bets?

the offensive scheme last year was absolutely terrible, and didn't cater to the talents of any of the players, I remember hearing either shonert or AVP saying the "no huddle" offense wasn't suited to trent's skills, but forced by jauron. with a real offensive minded coach calling the plays there will be a noticeable improvement at every position, including TE, Nelson will have a break out year, and so will whatever QB wins the training camp battle.

I think that Gailey is siting back and looking at his weapons with a big smile! With Spiller and Jackson as a one two punch the team has unlimitted possiblities. T.O. was OK last year but I think our offense was predictable because once Lynch came back there was no screen option unless Fred was in the backfield! Face it Lynch is not a good receiver and that is his biggest weakness. With two backs that can catch I think the tight end routes will be open all day! Much like it was at the beginning of last year before Lynch came back and had to get his touches. I think this will free up Nelson who is a great talent. I say 60 catches 10 TD's!!!

I don't recall Marshawn Lynch being that bad of a receiver, but, whatever... Nelson has great hands, and made some great adjustments on the fly, to catch some horribly thrown passes...but, he won't be a Pro Bowl caliber TE, until he improves his blocking. I hope that happens...

HAHA...

In 2008, Marshawn Lynch had 47 catches...3rd on the team, 10 ahead of Jackson and only 16 behind Lee Evans, our $9 million dollar starting WR. Also, Lynch caught a TD pass...Jackson did not!

So, REALLY? He can't catch and that's his biggest weakness?

That is all they talked about when Lynch came out, he was an all-around back...could catch and run!

HAHA...

In 2008, Marshawn Lynch had 47 catches...3rd on the team, 10 ahead of Jackson and only 16 behind Lee Evans, our $9 million dollar starting WR. Also, Lynch caught a TD pass...Jackson did not!

That is all they talked about when Lynch came out, he was an all-around back...could catch and run!

The key stat on Lynch's hands are 3rd down drops. Check it out.

I'd expect some improvement, but you're heading into crazy territory. Possible, but there's no reason to think it will happen.

Oh, and Lynch catches fine, that's not a problem. 28 receptions last year and 47 in 2008.

HAHA...

+1

the offensive scheme last year was absolutely terrible, and didn't cater to the talents of any of the players

Clearly, you didn't watch the same games that I did. The offensive scheme most assuredly catered to the talents of at least one Buffalo Bill. Jairus Byrd had many more opportunities for interceptions. :D

HAHA...

Yes, he had 47 catches but he droped another 47 screen passes that hit him right in the hands. I like Marshawn but he has Antwoine Smith hands!

Lynch is just as good of a receiver as Jackson. Lynch had 47 for 300 in 2008, and Jackson had 46 for 371 last year. Marshawn's biggest weakness is picking up the blitz (at least on the field).

Yes, he had 47 catches but he droped another 47 screen passes that hit him right in the hands. I like Marshawn but he has Antwoine Smith hands!

That's just what you saw last year, he was disengaged. I'm not defending him as a person, but as a player he can flat out play. He was on the verge of stardom after the 2008 season.

+1

AWESOME screenname! It is sweet! :devil:

Lynch is just as good of a receiver as Jackson. Lynch had 47 for 300 in 2008, and Jackson had 46 for 371 last year. Marshawn's biggest weakness is picking up the blitz (at least on the field).
That's just what you saw last year, he was disengaged. I'm not defending him as a person, but as a player he can flat out play. He was on the verge of stardom after the 2008 season.

EXACTLY! :thumbsup:

HAHA...

Fred is a better receiver. Lynch isn't bad, but definitely doesn't have hands as good as fred. I don't care what the stats say. Open your eyes and watch a game

you are wrong. watch a game