Slot WR's

DarthICE

Evans, Parrish and trying to cover Spiller out of the backfield? Whew...good luck trying to cover all that.

Jam Parrish into the dirt. :lol:

Cover Evans with top corner, and don't sweat the deep route because we can't get it there anyway. :cry:

I hope Spiller can out run 8 in the box. :doh:

:bag::wallbash::thumbsup:

Cover Evans with top corner, and don't sweat the deep route because we can't get it there anyway. :cry:

That isn't counting the two outside WR's. I am talking wide open, Kgun type ****. 5 wide baby!

Evans, Parrish, and Spiller are all gonna be lined up in the slot? I'm not really into these 5-wide formations, unless you've got a QB who's a threat to run.

which is why the Bills were desperately trying to get Tebow

contrary to Ralph's heated denial

Jackson average 4.2 YPC with 8 in the box. But you need to think outside the box. ;)

which is why the Bills were desperately trying to get Tebow

contrary to Ralph's heated denial

No they weren't.

Jackson average 4.2 YPC with 8 in the box. But you need to think outside the box. :lol:

No they weren't.

I was just kidding around Doc. :thumbsup:

Here is my real thoughts on the OP.

1. Parrish cannot be effective on a consistent basis because of his size, at least not from the line of scrimmage anyway. Anytime a defender is allowed to put his hands on him prior to getting the ball, he is is easily controlled. The guy is electric in space and on special teams but very limited in general.

2. Lee Evan's abilities are greatly diminished by our QBs inability to make plays down the field. Whether it's the protection breaking down or weak QB play, the final results are a waste of a good WR. For whatever reason the team struggles greatly at getting him involved, sometimes over long stretches. The worst thing that happened to Lee last year was Schouman going down. I really believe that Schouman was ready to break through. The middle of the field has been a complete wasteland for years now. Defenses need to pay for bringing so many players up to our line of scrimmage and when protection is shaky, those middle routes are the cure. IMO, a defense will only get burned doing that so much and eventually everything else will go back to an even playing field. Which would be good news for Lee and the RBs.

3. CJ Spiller will make plays. This kid is the real deal and he is going to be special. The Bills are hoping to use him in a multitude of ways and I believe his versatility is going to make everyone better. I joked around about 8 in the box but Spiller has the ability to really punish a defense. I think he is the perfect weapon for a team that struggles with protection and QB play. He makes plays after the catch and his likely routes won't demand long protection and difficult throws.

I have a strange feeling Spiller is going to be huge star in this league. I talked about Spiller mostly in terms of the passing game because I think the Bills might end up keeping Lynch. If so, then I think Spiller gets his touches in a number of different ways, although he better not be returning anything in special teams. Am I the only one who dislikes seeing topshelf players returning kicks? If Lynch stays I'd like to see Spiller play in the slot, just like Darth said.

Umm, I don't know much... but I do know how to spell, and I do know that we have lazy receivers who do NOT know how to get open. Sorry Lee. You take plays off and block for $ h i t. No one is physical & attentive (Moulds) and no one goes over the middle consistently with dare (Reed), and no one is sent deep down the field every play- either warranted or as a decoy (Beebe).

Don't forget about Nelson either.

Yes, I think with a year of pro conditioning under his belt, Nelson has potential to shine... Its really up to him, Hardy and/or Johnson... If 2 of the 3 can make strides, that will open up a lot of underneath options with Spiller, Jackson and Parrish and get the double-teams off Evans...

Of course, for all of that to work or finally progress, there needs to be more than 1.5 seconds to throw... and whoever starts at QB better have enough pepper on the ball to throw 40-50 yard passes to Evans when defenses crowd the short-yardage passing options...

Should be a cinch! :rolleyes:

I don't know why people keep trying to cling to this idea that Roscoe Parrish is somehow a viable weapon.

Five years in the league and he's never even managed to put up a 400 yard season.

Obviously the quarterbacking has been atrocious, but he just is not a good player.

Evans, Parrish and trying to cover Spiller out of the backfield? Whew...good luck trying to cover all that.

I'd rather a slower WR in the slot that can run route and has great hands.

sorry but Parrish pretty much sucks a WR and Evans has done little without help and who's his help this year. Sure Spiller out of the backfield will be fun but if we're always throwing to him, isn't that exactly what captain checkdown always did, jump it to the RB.

scoring points will be a serious problem for the Bills this year

Which QB do you expect to actually read the defense and determine who will be open enough to throw to before he's on his back in .5 seconds?

Excellent point. The .5 seconds is an exaggeration, but it would be nice to see some decision making in 2-3 seconds. I'm hoping (praying?) that's where Gailey's coaching ability and offensive prowess kick in. Let's face it -- the offensive "strategists" for Buffalo under Dick Jauron were atrocious. I mistakenly believed Jauron was a hands-off guy, but clearly that wasn't the case.

Now, the Bills have a HC who, it would seem, can actually coach offense. It IS exciting to think about the possibilities if he can get through to one of the signal-callers on this roster.

We can dream...