Our Offensive Coordinator

Our new Off Coordinator, Modkins or whoever. Does he have any history of developing any succesful QBs at any level? Has he ever been a coordinator before and if so how were his offenses? Is Chan our offensive coordinator but just not named as such?

Chan is the OC. He stated it would Be YEARS if ever he handed over playcalling to anyone else. Chan will be in charge of getting the QB's up to speed.

You guys are all wrong. Chan isn't the offensive coordinator. he calls the plays on gameday. There is a big difference.

this is what i love about kota

you can never really be sure if his posts are jokes, or if he's just that clueless

You guys are all wrong. Chan isn't the offensive coordinator. he calls the plays on gameday. There is a big difference.

You mean he's going to design the entire playbook and install the entire offense, design the offensive game plans for each week, decide who plays where and when, what formations we are in and calls all the plays but he's not the Offensive Coordinator?

Our new Off Coordinator, Modkins or whoever. Does he have any history of developing any succesful QBs at any level? Has he ever been a coordinator before and if so how were his offenses? Is Chan our offensive coordinator but just not named as such?

Chan Gailey has a solid track record of getting the most out of his QB's and putting them in to a system that maximizes their strengths as oppose to going with a system and hoping the QB fits the system. Apparently the QB coach...I think his last name is Cortez...they hired him away from the Calgary Stampeders in the CFL has a solid track record of teaching QB's at the college, NFL, and CFL levels.

You mean he's going to design the entire playbook and install the entire offense, design the offensive game plans for each week, decide who plays where and when, what formations we are in and calls all the plays but he's not the Offensive Coordinator?

That's what he said.

straight from the Bill's official web site (under the title "Modkins much more than Gailey's Assistant"):

Gailey will be handling the offensive play calling duties, but Modkins will be a part of the process. The reason why is their ability to work in concert with one another over the years has been seamless.

Buffalo’s head coach will seek Modkins’ input on the many facets of the offense that will have to be pieced together as the weeks and months of the offseason wear on**. He’s Gailey’s sounding board. a football confidante. Modkins is also handling Buffalo’s running backs,an area of coaching where he’s been very successful in the past.

...what Modkins respects most about Gailey’s approach to offensive football. His willingness to adapt and change to the talent he has at his disposal.

Gailey has said down the line he may relinquish his play calling duties, but for the first couple of years it appears that he intends to get things set just right on offense before turning things over. Modkins doesn’t deny the opportunity to call plays is an attractive challenge, but he also realizes that’s not his responsibility in 2010.

That’s not my focus,” he said of play calling. “We all have a role and whatever he determines my role to be then that’s what my focus is. If that happens one day then so be it. Right now I’m very thankful that we have him in the role that he has for us offensively. He’s one of the best coaches I’ve been around offensively. I’m excited about it.”

** it appears to me that the OC position is a two headed monster so to speak, but Modkins won't be calling the plays, at least for a while.

(1999 Sports Illustrated) .......Jerry's son Stephen, the Cowboys' executive vice president of player personnel, says no deal with Donahue would have been completed until Donahue had presented a satisfactory plan for upgrading the Dallas offense. Among other woeful numbers, the Cowboys last year scored only 19 touchdowns in 54 trips inside the opponents' 20, the second-worst conversion rate (35.2%) in the league. While Dallas retained most of the assistant coaches of a defense that ranked second in the NFL, only line coach Hudson Houck remains on the offensive side. "Our offense had become predictable, and Chan is imaginative, resourceful and unpredictable," Jerry says. "Trust me. No one will wonder if I'm calling the plays."

if he was calling the plays in dallas with jerry jones there then we can all be pretty sure that he will be calling the plays in buffalo.

Chan Gailey is not the offensive coordinator. He is a offensively minded coach who will put alot of input into the offensive system. Just because he has alot of input doesn't make him the Offensive coordinator. If Modkins wasn't a offensive coordinator why would he be given the title?

Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona is a Head coach and he calls the plays. He also don't have have a offensive coordinator. He has a passing game coordinator and a running game coordinator instead. He just split the roll up between two people.

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches.html

Some of you guys are so driven to find fault with bills you will pick whatever you can apart. You guys quesiton what kind of coach Modkins is because Chan is there. I guess Modkins is some kind of figurehead and a waste of money on the payroll. He can drink coffee all day and surf the web.

Go read Stampede's post as well. It proves my point even more.

yes i am clueless.

Chan Gailey is not the offensive coordinator. He is a offensively minded coach who will put alot of input into the offensive system. Just because he has alot of input doesn't make him the Offensive coordinator. If Modkins wasn't a offensive coordinator why would he be given the title?

Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona is a Head coach and he calls the plays. He also don't have have a offensive coordinator. He has a passing game coordinator and a running game coordinator instead. He just split the roll up between two people.

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches.html

Some of you guys are so driven to find fault with bills you will pick whatever you can apart. You guys quesiton what kind of coach Modkins is because Chan is there. I guess Modkins is some kind of figurehead and a waste of money on the payroll. He can drink coffee all day and surf the web.

Go read Stampede's post as well. It proves my point even more.

yes i am clueless.

You are. Stampede's post pretty much proves that Gailey is the offensive coordinator and will use Modkins as his sounding board, the way all OC's use other coaches as sounding boards. Gailey could have hired any of 85 guys for Modkins' role and the Bills offense would look and act and be pretty much identical, because it's all Gailey's, with the possible exception if Modkins happens to have a couple good ideas that Gailey didnt think of, Gailey happens to like them, too, and installs it into his offense or game plan.

Gailey is going to be like Shanahan or Sean Payton or any of those guys. It's going to be all his, with input from everyone beneath him but he'll make all final decisions.

(1999 Sports Illustrated) .......Jerry's son Stephen, the Cowboys' executive vice president of player personnel, says no deal with Donahue would have been completed until Donahue had presented a satisfactory plan for upgrading the Dallas offense. Among other woeful numbers, the Cowboys last year scored only 19 touchdowns in 54 trips inside the opponents' 20, the second-worst conversion rate (35.2%) in the league. While Dallas retained most of the assistant coaches of a defense that ranked second in the NFL, only line coach Hudson Houck remains on the offensive side. "Our offense had become predictable, and Chan is imaginative, resourceful and unpredictable," Jerry says. "Trust me. No one will wonder if I'm calling the plays."

if he was calling the plays in dallas with jerry jones there then we can all be pretty sure that he will be calling the plays in buffalo.

Well we all know Ralph won't be calling plays! Hes just calling for a cleanup...

You are. Stampede's post pretty much proves that Gailey is the offensive coordinator and will use Modkins as his sounding board, the way all OC's use other coaches as sounding boards. Gailey could have hired any of 85 guys for Modkins' role and the Bills offense would look and act and be pretty much identical, because it's all Gailey's, with the possible exception if Modkins happens to have a couple good ideas that Gailey didnt think of, Gailey happens to like them, too, and installs it into his offense or game plan.

Gailey is going to be like Shanahan or Sean Payton or any of those guys. It's going to be all his, with input from everyone beneath him but he'll make all final decisions.

If Chan Gailey makes one sensible move in the red zone to score and manages the clock well, we have a HUGE upgrade! I think we all can agree on that.

gentlemen, here is the link that i referenced in my earlier post, please read it:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...e1-2481baec6b88

after reading it again after coming across this topic i have come away from it having an even greater sense of optimism...i really like our head coach and how he relies on input to guarantee that we have the best players on the field with the best possible game plan. the way i see it he has put his own nuts in the vice by assuming the play calling responsibilities meaning he will take blame for failure but he is still smart enough to know that two heads are better than one.

again from the same write up:

Gailey will be handling the offensive play calling duties, but Modkins will be a part of the process. The reason why is their ability to work in concert with one another over the years has been seamless.

“The best thing about it is he and I have been together for a while and we have a unique relationship,” said Modkins. “It’s one in which we see the same things, so from an organizational standpoint we’ll challenge each other schematically. He knows that he and I are on the same page with what we believe in.”

Modkins is also handling Buffalo’s running backs, an area of coaching where he’s been very successful in the past.

to go off topic, i only wish Lynch would get his act together and wake up to the possibilities...Lynch/Jackson/Spiller...this could be the back field "holy trinity" (i apologize in advance to anyone i may have offended) but just think about that for a minute! :thumbsup: it gives me the shudders. i challenge all of you to name any team that could compare? ANY TEAM!

Chan Gailey is not the offensive coordinator. He is a offensively minded coach who will put alot of input into the offensive system. Just because he has alot of input doesn't make him the Offensive coordinator.

He didn't "put a lot of input" into the offensive system. He created it the whole thing from top to bottom. Gailey even said that he himself is going to be the OC and modkins was going to be OC in name only. He said so right on camera.