2011 NFL Mock Draft

HA...this mock has Locker going #10 and the 3rd QB taken...now, no one knows what the year will bring next year, but just about every analyst and scout felt Locker would have been the #1 pick this year and is the clear favorite to be the #1 next year or at the very least the first QB taken...

HA...this mock has Locker going #10 and the 3rd QB taken...now, no one knows what the year will bring next year, but just about every analyst and scout felt Locker would have been the #1 pick this year and is the clear favorite to be the #1 next year or at the very least the first QB taken...

Yes, and it is false, there is a reason he did not come out this year! He didn't receive a 1st round grade from the advisory committee. But jokes on TV claim he'd have been #1. Some of those same jokes claimed Clausen was a top 10 pick and McCoy a 1st rounder.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...sory-committee/

I've never even heard of the QB this guy has us taking, but I don't watch too much college football. Anybody know anymore on him? Is he a true first round prospect?

You're just not a true draftnik is all. Yet that said I wonder if the writer of the article is too as Blaine Gabbert ranks out as the 3rd/4th best QB prospects by most. With Jake Locker/Ryan Mallett being the consensus #1/#2.

Closer to home, Brian Brohm was considered a consensus top 5 pick after his junior year. He chose to return for his senior year at Louisville.

His stock dropped after his senior year and he ended up being drafted in the 2nd round.

Same thing happened with USC safety Taylor Mays this year.

Look at what happened to Jevon Snead this year.

One year can make a huge difference. Locker is not a lock for anything.

I've never even heard of the QB this guy has us taking, but I don't watch too much college football. Anybody know anymore on him? Is he a true first round prospect?

Based on last year and what I would expect to see this year, I think Gabbert would probably be the 4th best QB behind Mallet, Locker and Luck. But there willl probably be 4 different names 9 months from now.

Im a Missouri Tigers fan and I find it surprising that a mock draft has Blaine Gabbert in the top 25 picks. Gabbert is a good QB BUT he will not be taken ahead of Andrew Luck. Ryan Mallett and Jake Locker. Blaine Gabbert is a QB of the system just like Chase Daniels was but Gabbert has more potential and additional I dont expect to see Gabbert enter the 2011 draft and skipping his senior season when he can improve his skills futher and become a top 10 pick in 2012.

If the Bills dont solve their QB problems this year and Edwards/Fitz/Brohm continue to play below average then the QB I would like the Bills to draft is Andrew Luck. Luck has a great arm and great accuracy and he has a perfect tight spiral. In my mind Luck is the perfect QB fit in Buffalo. I like Locker but his arm strength is only average but hes a smart accurate passer. Mallett im not too sure about yet. Depends on what he does this year. He struggled in Michigan then he had a good year last year.

All I know is the potential of the 2011 NFL Draft class is through the roof. As long as the following QB's or even just a few declare like most are saying: Andrew Luck Standford, Ryan Mallett-Arkansas, Terrell Pryor-Ohio State (Depending on improvement), Blaine Gabbert-Missouri and Nick Foles- Arizona

Even if those QB's don't declare you have: Jake Locker-Washington, Christian Ponder- Florida State, Pat Devlin- Delaware, Ricky Stanzi- Iowa, and Scott Tolzien- Wisconsin.

All all these QB's as of right now have the potential to be 1st and 2nd round QB's.

i tried to tell everyone that the 2010 qb class sucked, that is the exact reason we did not take a qb early, Brohm was as good as any of the first four qbs drafted.

The bills will take a qb with the first pick next year, my guess is by November of 2010 the leading qbs will start to rise to the topof the boards.

next years class is best in few years!!