More good News about Big Ben...

KOKBILLS

This team can't afford to be picky-choosy. The guy's a damn good QB, something we haven't had since Kelly retired. Arse or not, the Bills really need a good QB.

Sorry, he is scum at best. No way I want him on the team. Sure, he might improve it, but it seems he is a complete ass. I grant you the pile-on factor to a degree, but the majority of the Pittsburgh fans?

Anecdotal, but my ex-wife is a fan. Huge fan, the computer room is in black and gold with tons of paraphernalia. I was part of a series of e-mails where guys picked on her about what was happening to Ben. She defended him fiercely. Since my ex and I are friends and fairly close, yet I had a different opinion, I stayed out of the conversation. I was with her Saturday night and we were talking, knowing her probable reaction I asked her honest opinion. Keeping in mind this is the woman with a *poster of Pig Ben in the computer room and named a character in an MMO Mrs Roethlisberger (while we were married). She said he at least probably took advantage of a drunk woman and could no longer cheer from him.

* - She took the poster down

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would gladly have this jerky on the Bills in retrospec if it meant 2 SuperBowls!! Screw character, I want to win.... NOW!!!!!!

This team can't afford to be picky-choosy. The guy's a damn good QB, something we haven't had since Kelly retired. Arse or not, the Bills really need a good QB.

If he raped your mother or sister would you feel the same?

I think that we all can agree on one thing, in that last SB run, they don't even make the playoffs without him.

Assuming he is guilty, I will pass on the Super Bowl win. Even assuming he could win one for the Bills. I would rather lose with a certain dignity than win with a complete loser.

This is going to be a young locker room for some time. Do you really want your QB, who is the leader by default, to be a guy who is the last one to arrive and the first one to leave?

I don't and am glad the Bills don't either.

Has it been proven he's raped anyone? Funny that *I* should be lecturing a liberal on this, but it seems to me the worst thing the guy's been proven guilty of is incredibly bad judgement.

Funny that he is lecturing a huge advocate for Christianity. Is that your desire for forgiveness or winning games showing through?

I know some guys from around Miami of Ohio who have all attested tot he fact that he is an incredible butthole in real life.

It bothers me that he hasnt committed a crime, but he is being shipped out.

Assuming he is guilty, I will pass on the Super Bowl win. Even assuming he could win one for the Bills. I would rather lose with a certain dignity than win with a complete loser.

No way. I don't buy it. If the Bills got BigBen before PIT did couple a years ago when the Steelers chose one ahead of the Bills and he took us to 2, count em 2 Super Bowl titles for Buffalo, you would turn it down just because he's a scumbag (which I do agree he is)?? C'mon!! I don't know about the rest of you, but as fans, we have been waiting too long for a championship. So be it if the guy is a total assclown when he's not at the stadium, groping and harassing.

ps - I'm also keeping my screen name! :lol:

No way. I don't buy it. If the Bills got BigBen before PIT did couple a years ago when the Steelers chose one ahead of the Bills and he took us to 2, count em 2 Super Bowl titles for Buffalo, you would turn it down just because he's a scumbag (which I do agree he is)?? C'mon!! I don't know about the rest of you, but as fans, we have been waiting too long for a championship. So be it if the guy is a total assclown when he's not at the stadium, groping and harassing.

ps - I'm also keeping my screen name! :lol:

No, I am discussing him becoming a Bill after we know what a scumbag he is. If we had drafted him and won a couple of Super Bowls before we found out, I would be a strong advocate for shipping his ass out. Not sure how I would feel about the wins, probably just be really pissed for someone tainting it.

No, I am discussing him becoming a Bill after we know what a scumbag he is. If we had drafted him and won a couple of Super Bowls before we found out, I would be a strong advocate for shipping his ass out. Not sure how I would feel about the wins, probably just be really pissed for someone tainting it.

OK. I see your point.

Sorry, he is scum at best. No way I want him on the team. Sure, he might improve it, but it seems he is a complete ass. I grant you the pile-on factor to a degree, but the majority of the Pittsburgh fans?

Anecdotal, but my ex-wife is a fan. Huge fan, the computer room is in black and gold with tons of paraphernalia. I was part of a series of e-mails where guys picked on her about what was happening to Ben. She defended him fiercely. Since my ex and I are friends and fairly close, yet I had a different opinion, I stayed out of the conversation. I was with her Saturday night and we were talking, knowing her probable reaction I asked her honest opinion. Keeping in mind this is the woman with a *poster of Pig Ben in the computer room and named a character in an MMO Mrs Roethlisberger (while we were married). She said he at least probably took advantage of a drunk woman and could no longer cheer from him.

* - She took the poster down

The only thing that saved you from incessant ridicule from me is the two letters in front of the word wife.....ex.

This is going to be a young locker room for some time. Do you really want your QB, who is the leader by default, to be a guy who is the last one to arrive and the first one to leave?

I don't and am glad the Bills don't either.

Two-time superbowl winning QBs don't lose locker rooms. BR has managed to do just this, and it speaks volumes about who he is.

I agree, the Bills don't need this guy leading them. I'm not sure the Steelers aren't better off with Dixon at this point.

If the media was like it is now, Jim Kelly and a lot of Bills would have been in the same situation. I love Kelly and he has matured into a great guy, but there are a ton of shady Kelly stories out there. A star athlete in a small towns thinks they own the city and most of the time, everyone lets them do whatever they want.

Big Ben sounds like a scumbag but we've cheered on our share of scumbags.

Nope. He's still got a ways to go before being pounded down to the bottom of the barrel. It ain't easy being the pro athlete public enemy #1, but the Tiger story is played so we needed someone new.

Where are all the guys who not long ago were crying that "the Media" was "ignoring" the Big Ben "assualt" story? That ESPN was spiking stories on this topic?

Both. Look, the kid's got issues, I get that. Who doesn't? The fact is he's talented and could help this team.

So would you hire someone who was good at his job but his attitude sucked? I wouldn't touch that type of person with a ten foot pole. Chemistry is very important in the sucess of a team whether that's in sports of in business.