Does Naaman Roosevelt make the team?

Beans90

I have been going to UB games for the past 8 years now and seen roosevelt play alot. He is a very good athlete and is a fast deep threat. I think he makes the team as the six guy. behind evans, easley, johnson, parrish, hardy. What does everybody think?

Yeah, probably practice squad. Usually they keep 5, so Evans, Hardy, Johnson, Parrish, and Easley are the most likely. Unless an injury or someone from that list gets terribly outplayed. Or if he can bring something else to the table as a special teams contributor, but his slight frame doesn't lend itself to be a great special teams player.

practice squad at best. he is actually pretty slow i think. there is a reason that everyother school wanted him to play as db, because he is not a wr.

Remember that he finished last season with an injury. He may be a little faster than what he was timed at the Pro Day.

He dominated in the MAC in 2008.

I think he's put on practice squad but may have an NFL future.

I have been going to UB games for the past 8 years now and seen roosevelt play alot. He is a very good athlete and is a fast deep threat. I think he makes the team as the six guy. behind evans, easley, johnson, parrish, hardy. What does everybody think?

Training camp fodder :lol:

He has a very steep uphill climb. Maybe the practice squad but I doubt he makes the roster.

Training camp fodder :lol:

Really training camp fodder?

Lets see, he's from buffalo loves everything about the bills and loves football im guessing he might even be on 2bills drive so keep the stupid ass remarks to your self. We should all be in his corner seeing how he is attempting to do something that we all would love to do play for the bills!

BTW no way in hell naaman is slow i ran a 4.4 40 in high school and he used to keep up with me when we were younger lol, so that time has to be due to an injury.

That is all

GOOD LUCK NAAMAN!

Really training camp fodder?

Lets see, he's from buffalo loves everything about the bills and loves football im guessing he might even be on 2bills drive so keep the stupid ass remarks to your self. We should all be in his corner seeing how he is attempting to do something that we all would love to do play for the bills!

BTW no way in hell naaman is slow i ran a 4.37 40 in high school and he used to keep up with me when we were younger lol, so that time has to be due to an injury.

That is all

GOOD LUCK NAAMAN!

If you ran a 4.37 40 maybe you should be trying out for the team...

If you ran a 4.37 40 maybe you should be trying out for the team...

Man i ran track and that time was in track spikes so im sure it would be more like a 4.44 in football cleats and on turf or grass lmao plus i was 130 pounds soaken wet in high school hahahahaa... but seriously i think we all should be pulling for people like naaman and even mike williams talent from the inner city never makes it out but these guys did.

Hey i even edited it lol!

Man i ran track and that time was in track spikes so im sure it would be more like a 4.44 in football cleats and on turf or grass lmao plus i was 130 pounds soaken wet in high school hahahahaa... but seriously i think we all should be pulling for people like naaman and even mike williams talent from the inner city never makes it out but these guys did.

This is very true, hell i ran college track and a 4.49 in the 40. I am also 6'3 215, when in shape 195. And I would have no business trying out for an NFL team, semi-pro maybe. Speed isn't the only thing for a WR. To the second point, we should be rooting on local talent as it would be also to have a guy like Jon Corto make the team and be even better than Corto by being able to contribute as an every down player.

Come to think of it, the last local boys that i can remember making a huge contribution to their teams are Moose Johnston, Shane Conlan and Donny Majkowski. Unfortunately none of them have played in 10 years. So, WNY players should be rooted on towards NFL success, or else we may end up with a bunch of Mike Mamula's :lol:

Naaman has great body control. Just from having watched him he seems to play bigger by maintaitining great position vs. his defender(s.) That Hail Mary play where he beat 3 defenders illustrates the point. He maintains great position and then beats the defender to the ball. From the little I have seen of Hardy that was his biggest problem. As big as he is he should never let a defender beat him to the ball. I think he can make the practice squad this year and he can eventually make the roster if he develops more upper body bulk to play with the NFL DBs. Good luck Naaman.

No.

I highly doubt Chan carries 6 WR's again. It'll be Evans, Parrish, Johnson, Hardy, Jackson, and Easley competing for the five spots. Welcome Drew Haddad II. See you next year.

It'd be a good story... but I'm with Leonidas. Practice Squad probably. Barring injury, I don't expect to see him on Sundays.

With Nixley mentioning that he would like bigger receivers and the fact that they will be running more of a spread style offense, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep 6 WRs and Naaman makes the team and Parrish gets cut.

Evans

Hardy

Johnson

Easley

Jackson

Roosevelt

With Nixley mentioning that he would like bigger receivers and the fact that they will be running more of a spread style offense, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep 6 WRs and Naaman makes the team and Parrish gets cut.

Evans

Hardy

Johnson

Easley

Jackson

Roosevelt

Fortunately, unlike the people on this board, Gailey doesn't give a **** that he went to UB. There's no way he makes the team. He said he preferred bigger WR's to smaller ones on the outside. He didn't say he had no use whatsoever for smaller WR's. Parrish stays, unless Easley beats him out and they cut the roster to five WR's.

Fortunately, unlike the people on this board, Gailey doesn't give a **** that he went to UB. There's no way he makes the team. He said he preferred bigger WR's to smaller ones on the outside. He didn't say he had no use whatsoever for smaller WR's. Parrish stays, unless Easley beats him out and they cut the roster to five WR's.

I can't see how Roscoe makes the team this year.

We also have Jenkins, who was pretty good on STs last year. Naaman would have to surpass him as well. I also don't have as much confidence in Chad Jackson as some do.