I guess the Bills are not as High on Evans

I can't believe you guys are bitching about Evans. bills fans are so fickle. In one breath some of you complain we don't keep our best players. Then, we re-sign one of our best players and now he is not good enough. :lol: Who cares if he's making a few more million than you think he's worth. You dont sign the check what the hell do you care. Lee Evans is the best we got right now. Maybe with an intelligent oc/head coach we will get a little more out of him.

He making 9 million more than I think he should be making! I am going to do a dance the day they cut or trade his heartless ass!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at what Brandon Marshall was able to do with Kyle Orton last year. Lee Evans is a good but not great reciever. Great recievers put up numbers no matter who is throwing to him. You certainly can't argue he is one of the top 5 wr in the nfl, which he is paid. Again he is worth having but he is 1 dimensional and overpaid.

Who plays on the Broncos o-line again? Who plays on the Bills line?

He making 9 million more than I think he should be making! I am going to do a dance the day they cut or trade his heartless ass!

Wow, I've never used the ignore function before now. You should feel proud. In the ocean of stupidty that spews from this board from time to time, you have taken the cake and been placed on ignore.

:lol:

The Bills will continue to be at the bottom of the league in passing no matter which WR is signed if there is no time to pass the ball.

Further, any QB that starts for the Bills will likely end up like Trent "concussion" Edwards - from all the blind-side sacks coming from the LT position that still has not been addressed.

You guys are crazy. Evans is a very good WR and he's gotten better running routes over the years. But you put him with a QB who can't read a defense and get the ball out on time, along with an offensive scheme that could be figured out by most recreational league coaches then you get a lack of production, supposedly. If Evans were on the Saints, Chargers, Vikings (w/Favre), Colts, or Texans he'd be putting alot better numbers and likely a regular in the Pro Bowl. I can recall countless times where he was open, going across the middle, and never got the ball. I hope he plays his whole career here and we finally put him in situations to make plays. The guy has excellent hands, a great work ethic, and you never hear him complain. Is he overpaid? By some of our standards yes, but put him in an offense on one of the teams I previously mentioned and they wouldn't think so.

. . . or maybe Evans could learn a few more routes . . . or maybe he can play like a "number 1" wr should be able to and avoid being taken out of games.

So what you are saying is that Evans does not match up as well against whoever is covering him.

The thing about Evans is that he is not a bad receiver. He is pretty good. Yet, unlike the elite receivers making the kind of money he does, he can be taken out of games by the other team.

Or maybe one of the band of idiots we've had coaching the offense would find some creative ways to get Evans open, or call him some patterns to get him the ball in space. When was the last time Evans ran a slant? Thats on the coaches, not Evans. If a WR isn't running routes that they are supposed to, they'd be benched or cut. So that isn't the case.

FWIW, according to Football Outsiders, Evans had a 46% catch percentage. This does not necessarily indicate dropped passes, but is a reflection of what percentage of the passes thrown to him were completed. By contrast, Josh Reed's catch rate was 60%.

Football Outsiders WR Stats

Hey Guy.......

Everybody go to the web page Quoted here and tell me what you notice about all the receivers ranked near the top of the list......

Think about why there ranked so high........

Hmmm

peyton

brees

farve

brady

rothlisberger

all got 1/2 of there receivers in the top 15

I rate Evans as the 20th best WR in the NFL- which makes him one of the better Bills- I wish people on this board would stop trying to get players cut at least until they got someone better to replace him with- as for money maybe I'd consider that argument if the Bills had a history of using saved money to get better players but they don't have that history, they have a history of cutting or letting go overpaid players and pocketing the money and filling in with scrubs.

+1

It's not that I have anything against the guy, but what in the world has he accomplished to earn that kind of money? So, he's had flashes of greatness here & there -- big deal. We need consistency at WR and just are not getting it. Yes, many, many factors involved here and can't pin it all on Evans, but his salary is just absurd. That's the kind of thing that can create hard feelings in the locker room when guys are grossly overpaid for their contribution to the team's success. I won't be unhappy if he is dealt away. If not, then Chan had better figure out how to use this guy so he can earn his keep.

Or maybe one of the band of idiots we've had coaching the offense would find some creative ways to get Evans open, or call him some patterns to get him the ball in space. When was the last time Evans ran a slant? Thats on the coaches, not Evans. If a WR isn't running routes that they are supposed to, they'd be benched or cut. So that isn't the case.

He ran one in the Jets game in NY (the Bills OT victory) and it resulted in a touchdown. You asked.

+1

It's not that I have anything against the guy, but what in the world has he accomplished to earn that kind of money? So, he's had flashes of greatness here & there -- big deal. We need consistency at WR and just are not getting it. Yes, many, many factors involved here and can't pin it all on Evans, but his salary is just absurd. That's the kind of thing that can create hard feelings in the locker room when guys are grossly overpaid for their contribution to the team's success. I won't be unhappy if he is dealt away. If not, then Chan had better figure out how to use this guy so he can earn his keep.

The Bills went out and spent a lot of money last year on WRs, but did not have the prerequisite pieces in place first...like an offensive line. Besides Kirk Chambers, Geoff Hangartner, newcomer Andy Levitre and newly signed undrafted Cornell Green (now with his 8th different team in about as many years), only Eric Wood (10 starts), Demetrius Bell (8 starts) and Jamon Meredith (4 starts) have seen any NFL starting action. The remaining lineman (Nick Hennessey, Andre Ramsey, Jason Watkins & Christian Gaddis and rookies obviously) have not started any NFL games.

Evans is a somewhat of a luxury at this point until the Bills get the fundamental building blocks established on the line of scrimmage. That doesn't mean that I would necessarily trade him, but if so, please make sure it is in the NFC.

Lee Evans is one of the top three players on the team and some want to trade him? Yes, great idea!!!

He is an excellent WR, he has been the victim of horrendous QB play for his entire career. He would easily be a pro bowl WR every year if he played on NE or the Colts. Is it any coincidence that TO had the worst year of his career with Fitz-Edwards as his QB?

Evans was consistnetly open last year, has no QB who has the arm or can act quick enough to m ake a play to him. Around the league, and against players he plays against he is known as one of the toughest guys to play against as he has excellent route running ability and speed.

Bright move to let him go and have Tom Brady throw him 15 TDs and 100+ receptions a year.

Show me a Pro Bowl WR with a horrendous QB....you can't!!

Wow, I've never used the ignore function before now. You should feel proud. In the ocean of stupidty that spews from this board from time to time, you have taken the cake and been placed on ignore.

:lol:

I'm sorry I didn't know you were so passionate about Lee Evans. Stand by your man tgreg99!

The Bills went out and spent a lot of money last year on WRs, but did not have the prerequisite pieces in place first...like an offensive line. Besides Kirk Chambers, Geoff Hangartner, newcomer Andy Levitre and newly signed undrafted Cornell Green (now with his 8th different team in about as many years), only Eric Wood (10 starts), Demetrius Bell (8 starts) and Jamon Meredith (4 starts) have seen any NFL starting action. The remaining lineman (Nick Hennessey, Andre Ramsey, Jason Watkins & Christian Gaddis and rookies obviously) have not started any NFL games.

Evans is a somewhat of a luxury at this point until the Bills get the fundamental building blocks established on the line of scrimmage. That doesn't mean that I would necessarily trade him, but if so, please make sure it is in the NFC.

Good players aren't a luxury. He's probably a better player than Reggie Wayne, who is similar. If Evans were on Indy, he'd put up huge numbers. It's incumbent upon the Bills to actually obtain decent offensive linemen and quarterbacks, of course.

Lee Evans is one of the top three players on the team and some want to trade him? Yes, great idea!!!

He is an excellent WR, he has been the victim of horrendous QB play for his entire career. He would easily be a pro bowl WR every year if he played on NE or the Colts. Is it any coincidence that TO had the worst year of his career with Fitz-Edwards as his QB?

Evans was consistnetly open last year, has no QB who has the arm or can act quick enough to m ake a play to him. Around the league, and against players he plays against he is known as one of the toughest guys to play against as he has excellent route running ability and speed.

Bright move to let him go and have Tom Brady throw him 15 TDs and 100+ receptions a year.

Show me a Pro Bowl WR with a horrendous QB....you can't!!

Pro Bowl of what? Not the NFL, maybe Arena League! Name 10 Teams that Lee would be the best WR if he was traded to them!