Good article

Lofton80

I like what he said about picking troup over cody. Cody was almost a risk with the questionmarks of his work ethic and conditioning issues. Cody is better off with balt where Lewis will keep in line and we are better off with Troup who is more of a safe pick and don't need to babysit to make sure he is putting in the effort and taking care of himself.

This also may explain some of the selections we saw during the past two days. The Chargers had Jamal Williams in place; Buffalo didn't have a true nose tackle. Was Troup a reach? Maybe. Was Terrence Cody available? Yes. But Cody wasn’t a good fit. In Baltimore, there’s an established locker room, and Cody will either assimilate or face Ray Lewis’ wrath. Troup is a good NT prospect, he has the right attitude for a forming team, and fills a position of need. Nix knows how valuable Williams was to the Charger defense, and he's hoping Troup brings similar value.

Great read. As hard as it is, people need to have some patience. With so many holes to fill, it wasn't going to happen all at once this year. And if they didn't feel clausen or any of the other QBs was the answer then no reason to take them.

It's nice to believe that this team finally has some direction and a plan.

I like what he said about picking troup over cody. Cody was almost a risk with the questionmarks of his work ethic and conditioning issues. Cody is better off with balt where Lewis will keep in line and we are better off with Troup who is more of a safe pick and don't need to babysit to make sure he is putting in the effort and taking care of himself.

I'm glad they didn't take Cody. Even on his highlight reel he looked overweight and slow. I think that's permanent. If he couldn't keep his weight down in college, how is he going to do it when he's a pro and football is a job? He was projected as a first rounder.....until that pic of his weigh in day at the combine came out.

The first draft included a great RB, a QB, two linebackers, two offensive linemen and two defensive backs. Sounds familiar. Of course if Levi Brown is the next Drew Breese I'll eat my keyboard.

I hear he is better than breese. Now Brees on the other hand....he has some work to do.

Just screwin with ya buddy :unsure:

The first draft included a great RB, a QB, two linebackers, two offensive linemen and two defensive backs. Sounds familiar. Of course if Levi Brown is the next Drew Breese I'll eat my keyboard.

You will never need to eat that keyboard...

Excellent article and analysis.This was an excellent draft for the Bills.These

guys know what they are doing.Run the ball/stop the run.Love the

spiller pick...PLAYMAKER!!As chan says turns a 20 yard gain into 40..

Every draft pick filled a position of need.The foundation is set.This team has a

BRIGHT FUTURE.

Very Impressive.

Thats funny....dude in San Diego called sports radio and said if Tebow was drafted in the first round he'd eat his shoe...LOL..put some hot sauce on that keyboard.... :wallbash:

One of the most well-thought-out, best written articles about the Bills I have seen in quite some time. Kudos to the author. I liked this draft from the get-go and believe the Bills will emerge better for it. The offensive line is a concern -- but so was the Defense heading into this draft. The Bills got tougher, they got bigger and also got a hell of a playmaker in Spiller. If he turns into half of what LT was this will go down as a very good draft for us.

One of the most well-thought-out, best written articles about the Bills I have seen in quite some time. Kudos to the author. I liked this draft from the get-go and believe the Bills will emerge better for it. The offensive line is a concern -- but so was the Defense heading into this draft. The Bills got tougher, they got bigger and also got a hell of a playmaker in Spiller. If he turns into half of what LT was this will go down as a very good draft for us.

I have a few thoughts and a theory:

o If you can't get a LT that you believe in, why bother.

o The D-line against the run was much worse than the O-line was rushing.

o Starting (2009) 2 rookies, a new center, a LT who had never taken a snap in an NFL game, injuries, etc., maybe

Nix and company figured the O-line Jauron fielded was such a mess it may be best to fix the D-line and see what if

anything the O-line actually has.

o D-line getting very old very fast, possible retirement of Schobel, 3-4 switch: let's use some draft picks.

Flame away.

:wallbash: