This team can go 8-8 this year...if not better.

DarthICE

First off I don't do drugs, and it is way too early for me to be drinking so YES I am serious and here is why.

1. Coaching is better. ANYONE is an improvement over Jauron, VanPelt etal.

2. The talent has improved. No way in hell do we suck this year as badly as we did against the run. The 3-4 should bring more pressure allowing our good DB corp to make more turnovers.

This OL produced the 16th rated running game in the NFL last year as well as a 1000 yard rusher. Spiller has 10x the talent our other RB's do, plus I don't see us having as many OL injuries this year. We will be improved.

3. We lost 6 games by a total of like 20 points.

I feel this team is going to do better than most people think!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the optimism, Darth. I'm with you! I'm sick of all the Jets Kool-Aid that's being consumed on this board. The Pats aren't what they were. The fish don't have any better talent than us. Go Bills!

First off I don't do drugs, and it is way too early for me to be drinking so YES I am serious and here is why.

2. The talent has improved. No way in hell do we suck this year as badly as we did against the run. The 3-4 should bring more pressure allowing our good DB corp to make more turnovers.

This OL produced the 16th rated running game in the NFL last year as well as a 1000 yard rusher. Spiller has 10x the talent our other RB's do, plus I don't see us having as many OL injuries this year. We will be improved.

FINALLY, rational thinking. #3 will be huge. Our luck in the past 4 years was terrible. A ball bounce in a different direction or a yard or 2 here or there or players playing smart football (unlike the NE opener or Losman's fumble in NY) and we win more games.

I believe we will be in playoff contention but ultimately miss. 2011 is a different story- assuming that there is a '11 season.

Nice to see some optimism here becuase I'm tired of all the bitching.

Gailey wants to runt he ball and stop the run--finally someone who gets it. Bills should have enough talent now for the 3-4, tho another playmaker at LB would be helpful. Beefing up the front 7 will make one of the best secondaries in the NFL better.

You are spot on about the O. The team will depend on an improved running game, which will help whoever is the QB. No more getting away with 7 men in the box. Personally I think Gailey and his philosophy could be just what Edwards needs.

Finally, another thing I like about the switch to the 3-4 is that you have more LBs to play on special teams.

Not expecting miracles next year, but I agree, the improvements could definitely move the team to 8-8, which would be damn good for the toughest division in football.

Here's what is hard for me to get an assessment on:

Last year, during the preseason we FIRED our OC because our head coach wanted a "simplified" offense. A week before the season opener we cut our starting LT. That type of chaos and a simplified offense crippled our ability to score points.

How hard do you think it was for opposing defenses to diagnose our plays and personnel schemes. Hell they probably knew what we were going to run before we did.

There's no way we can't be improved is there?

Be careful what you ask for. New England just had a huge draft with 4 picks in the first two rounds and 5 in the first 90 players chosen. Next year NE will have 4 picks in the first two rounds of the 2011 draft. Champion teams are built through the draft and the Bills will need two great drafts to match the talent in our own division. The Bills will need to out draft the AFC east to make the playoffs. I think the only chance the Bills will have this decade is to finish in the bottom 5 for two consecutive years. Jerry Sullivan has it right, they have to bottom out to get better. The number of wins in the next couple of years is far less important than the elevation of the talent base of this team. Winning 7 or 8 games just might doom them to mediocrity for a decade.

Who in the division outclassed the Bills last year? Nobody!! So I agree, the Bills are basically on par with the division. Sanchez hardly scares me as a QB. Trent Edwards/R Fitz had better numbers than Sanchez last year for comparison purposes. This is hardly the division of the Pats from 3 yrs ago when they were undefeated and you knew they were leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. The Pats defense is average, same with Dolphins and Dolphins offense is wild cat driven. People on this board are ridiculous making these other teams out to be the '85 Bears when the Bills beat the Jets and Dolphin last year.....actually convincingly beat the "great" dolphins team.

The NFL is very close in terms of talent...the Bills are VERY close to being a playoff team but still a very good QB away from being a SB team.

I'm with you for the most part.

Sadly, the one critical area of the football team that I feel we needed the biggest help with was on the offensive line. I like the picks, I like the free agent RT we signed from Oakland. I hope Chambers does not make the final cut. But I still see the offensive line as in need of some established help.

Perhaps 1 key free agent signing on the offensive line will make me as optimistic as anyone could be.

I completely agree - On Any Given Sunday. To your points:

1. I fully expect to see this team come out with a new attitude. "Football is a tough game for tough people." - no more soft Jauron teams or slow start to the season.

2. If the D players we got in the draft can at least contribute, not even start full time, we should be better. Let's hope that Byrd continues to pick apples this year! I have total faith in Gailey's O, at least you KNOW we'll be running the heck out of the ball. The line and passing game are still a worry, but hopefully Chan can find ways to protect and keep teams on their toes with the run...

3. Again, attitude - I think we'll play tough football for 60 full minutes.

I would also add that I like that we have our entire division in the first four weeks of the season. It might give us a chance to sneak up on the them a bit. Let's hope that Chan follows through on making the Ralph a tough place to play again - tough football, crazed fans! I'll be there to make it scary for the fins, game 1!!

Go Bills!

i love how people say the pats are not good as they used to be....this makes me laugh why you........cause they still kick our asses evevry year. while im not drinkin the jets koolaid but let me tell ya that koolaid looks pretty sweet. at least the jets take chances on building a winnng franchise. whats buffalo done for the team to even be able compete in the division yeah nothing........

i know what koolaid the bills give their fans and its called **** flavored.........

i love how people say the pats are not good as they used to be....this makes me laugh why you........cause they still kick our asses evevry year. while im not drinkin the jets koolaid but let me tell ya that koolaid looks pretty sweet. at least the jets take chances on building a winnng franchise. whats buffalo done for the team to even be able compete in the division yeah nothing........

i know what koolaid the bills give their fans and its called **** flavored.........

The Pats beat us last year by a combined 11 points. One of those loses was handed to them on a platter and should have been a win. That's hardly "kicking our asses".

I'm not saying they're not a better team but the delta may not be as great as it seems.

Aren't you the guy that was beating the QB drum?

We will not get to where we want to be (perinial playoff contenders and a threat for the Superbowl) until the QB position is fixed once and for all. Now that doesn't mean we can't be a .500 team though.