This team can go 8-8 this year...if not better.

DarthICE

Here's what is hard for me to get an assessment on:

Last year, during the preseason we FIRED our OC because our head coach wanted a "simplified" offense. A week before the season opener we cut our starting LT. That type of chaos and a simplified offense crippled our ability to score points.

How hard do you think it was for opposing defenses to diagnose our plays and personnel schemes. Hell they probably knew what we were going to run before we did.

There's no way we can't be improved is there?

It isn't possible to fully assess with absolute assurity until the results are in; but, we will find out, won't we? Chan is an experienced NFL offensive coach and has had some success in this league as an OC. It will be interesting to see how much of last year's useless offense was terrible coaching vs. horrible players.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything has changed so much that it is very very hard to predict. The team won 7 last year so I would hope we could at least do that, but we have a new defense and seem to have done little to improve the team in critical areas so far this year. I think we have to give nix/gailey some leeway, but with the actions they've taken I think we should expect performance when the season starts to justify some of their decisions. I am one to believe in setting forth goals, so nine is the number I'm expecting from them.

The Pats beat us last year by a combined 11 points. One of those loses was handed to them on a platter and should have been a win. That's hardly "kicking our asses".

I'm not saying they're not a better team but the delta may not be as great as it seems.

This speaks to what we HAVE to do first. Beat NE*! When we ruled the AFCE, that's what our Div. foes drafted and signed FA's for. Jets & Colts were our biotches. Polian signed Peyton and thankfully, the league reshuffled them out of the Div. Otherwise, we'd likely be 0-Ever against them too.

We've been competitive vs. the Pats* but the stigma still gets in our head. Nothing like a new regime and new players to break out of this vice grip. The Pats* 'know' they'll beat us and we 'know' that too.

As in back in the day before Levy, if we swept the Fish while going 2-14, it was a great season! Really!

1st thing 1st. Build a team to Beat NE!!

I like the optimism, Darth. I'm with you! I'm sick of all the Jets Kool-Aid that's being consumed on this board. The Pats aren't what they were. The fish don't have any better talent than us. Go Bills!

WOW-nice pic :thumbsup:

I couldn't stop laughing once I saw the title of the thread. But reading the rest of the OP was priceless.

I can't help it, anyone who can con themselves into believing this team is going to win more than 5 games this next season maximum I need to sell my car to. I have the perfect price for you.

This team isn't going near 8-8, they won't get passed 5 wins at most, more than likely 3-13 or worse. We are in year 1 of a full blown rebuild.

It isn't possible to fully assess with absolute assurity until the results are in; but, we will find out, won't we? Chan is an experienced NFL offensive coach and has had some success in this league as an OC. It will be interesting to see how much of last year's useless offense was terrible coaching vs. horrible players.

It was a combo of terrible coaching and bad QB play. The D was often wore down because the Offense couldn't score and left them out to dry. Saints game was a perfect example. The play not too lose coaching staff lead by Jauron counted on the D to keep us in games and hope for a break or 2. That did not work did it?

First off I don't do drugs, and it is way too early for me to be drinking so YES I am serious and here is why.

1. Coaching is better. ANYONE is an improvement over Jauron, VanPelt etal.

2. The talent has improved. No way in hell do we suck this year as badly as we did against the run. The 3-4 should bring more pressure allowing our good DB corp to make more turnovers.

This OL produced the 16th rated running game in the NFL last year as well as a 1000 yard rusher. Spiller has 10x the talent our other RB's do, plus I don't see us having as many OL injuries this year. We will be improved.

3. We lost 6 games by a total of like 20 points.

I feel this team is going to do better than most people think!

I see a top 10 draft pick if not a top 5 pick. We are rebuilding, as we should be. The offensive line is hideously bad and we don't know what to expect at QB. The defense may be better. I am ecstatic about the Spiller pick

You forgot that most of the Team was on IR last year. Buddy thinks we are not far off, I believe him.

If we could have scored against NO that game was winnable.

The Jacksonville game was winnable as well. Needed more points.

______ game was winnable. Just needed more points.

It was a combo of terrible coaching and bad QB play. The D was often wore down because the Offense couldn't score and left them out to dry. Saints game was a perfect example. The play not too lose coaching staff lead by Jauron counted on the D to keep us in games and hope for a break or 2. That did not work did it?

Just so you know, you are preaching to the preacher. :thumbsup:

First off I don't do drugs, and it is way too early for me to be drinking so YES I am serious and here is why.

2. The talent has improved. No way in hell do we suck this year as badly as we did against the run. The 3-4 should bring more pressure allowing our good DB corp to make more turnovers.

This OL produced the 16th rated running game in the NFL last year as well as a 1000 yard rusher. Spiller has 10x the talent our other RB's do, plus I don't see us having as many OL injuries this year. We will be improved.

I like the optimism - I thought you'd never come back they didn't take a QB high this year.

I like the optimism, Darth. I'm with you! I'm sick of all the Jets Kool-Aid that's being consumed on this board. The Pats aren't what they were. The fish don't have any better talent than us. Go Bills!

You have a fine avatar, sir.

We have a defense!!!!!!! That's about all I can say about this upcoming season. Spiller is a playmaker but without an O-line and a QB Spiller, Lynch, Evans, Jackson, and anyother skill position player (Nelson the only one I can think of with actual playmaking ability unless Parrish thrives in the Gailey System) is being put in a compromised position that will limit their potential.

Now our shiny new 3-4 on the other hand gives me the impression that we will be in a position to win some games based on our ability to stop the run and our really good secondary.

Our D-line is going to look like this

Stroud-Troup/Williams-Edwards with Carrington and Spencer Johnson coming off the bench.

Our LB core looks like

MLB's- Poz and Andre Davis with Mitchell coming off the bench.

OLB's- Maybin and Schobel with Kelsay and Batten and Mitchell coming off the bench.

Add in our secondary is really good our D is at least above average. Our front 7 might not be spectacular but even if they are average our D looks to be in good shape. Had our front 7 been able to stop the run at even a ranked 19th capacity we would have won 2 more games. So all in all just having a compete front 7 makes this teams D much better.

Do you think they will keep Mitchell around and pay him as much as they are to be a backup? Not being sarcastic, it is a serious question?

1. yeah any Coach has to be better than (Phillips I mean Williams I mean Malarky I mean Juaron)

2. The talent has improved? no proof what so ever, especially relevant to other teams

3. net points minus 68

4. Our Division use to be NE and three teams with their heads up their Butts two of those teams decided to come out for air our team wasn't one of the two.