No marshawn trade

At first I was reading we couldn't give him away. Now Schefter is saying that Buffalo didn't want to trade him. I liked the Spiller pick if we got rid of Lynch. I just don't get it. We could have traded down or taken Anthony Davis, etc. I think Spiller will be a great player in the NFL, I'm just worried he won't see the field with the other RB's. And if Spiller is, in fact, on the field, what's the point of having both Fred and Lynch to ride the pine. We don't need both

Its about value. Nix and co feel as though Lynch has more value on gameday, even with all of his off field baggage, than he does netting us a 4th rounder who is a complete unknown.

I just feel that they might have created a locker room poison

Its about value. Nix and co feel as though Lynch has more value on gameday, even with all of his off field baggage, than he does netting us a 4th rounder who is a complete unknown.

I concur. Just look at how little Tennessee got for LenDale White. I don't remember all the details but they traded

White and some other player to move up 7 spots in the 4th round and about the same in the 6th round. They got

the equivalent of about a 5th round pick for LenDale White.

As much of a headache as Lynch is, he is certainly worth much more than a 4th or 5th round pick to the team and

I would say that is about all that teams were willing to part with based on what Tenn got for White.

I think we all have to accept this likely fact: Nobody would give diddly squat for Lynch right now. My hope at this point is that he is simply the short yardage guy ONLY. I don't want him taking any otehr snaps away from Fred or CJ.

I'm begging for a Lynch for OL veteran help later, after this OL-devoid draft of Buffalo's.

i could see them putn Spiller in the slot 5 plus plays run flanker end around & downfield passes to him. still havn fred & or lynch on the field. we may get to see some interesting stuff run outta the pistol this year. tired of boring O. welcome aboard C.J.

Why would you make a trade when you can't get value for the player? If Lynch has a good season, they can get a 2nd rounder for him next year and have a productive player. If he doesn't then they can still probably get a 5th rounder for him.

I understand not getting value, but if he's a problem to the team and coaches, then I don't care. We seem to be building with players that have passion and good character. Lynch, unfortunately, doesn't seem to be one of them. Addition by subtraction

At first I was reading we couldn't give him away. Now Schefter is saying that Buffalo didn't want to trade him. I liked the Spiller pick if we got rid of Lynch. I just don't get it. We could have traded down or taken Anthony Davis, etc. I think Spiller will be a great player in the NFL, I'm just worried he won't see the field with the other RB's. And if Spiller is, in fact, on the field, what's the point of having both Fred and Lynch to ride the pine. We don't need both

The Bills need playmakers on offense and they took maybe the best offensive player in the draft.

IF they also got rid of Lynch then it would be an illoigcal pick--why replace one potentially great running back with another one? Even with the character issues with Lynch, it would be a move that just keeps the Bills spinning their wheels.

These are the weaknesses of Spiller listed by http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...J-Spiller.php):

"Does not have the size you'd prefer --- Isn't very physical --- Prefers to bounce everything outside --- Dances too much --- Won't pick up the tough yards --- Not much of a blocker --- Wasn't a workhorse in college and won't be able to carry the load in the NFL --- Durability's a concern.

Lynch is the opposite type of runner: has the size, is extremely physical, thrives inside, picks up the tough yards, and is an every down runner, a workhorse.

Lynch is the starting back, but Spiller will be on the field a lot as well, with Jackson getting some carries as well.

Jackson is almost 30--only a bad team would draft someone like Spiller, not a clear starting running back, and get rid of the workhorse, their beast, giving up on him so soon.

Spiller and Lynch will be a great combination, give the Bills one of the best running games in the NFL, one of the most dynamic.

They didn't trade him because he's got no value. He was a backup RB to Jackson. And he has off-field issues.

Lynch might appear to have little value now, but injuries happen all the time.

I understand not getting value, but if he's a problem to the team and coaches, then I don't care. We seem to be building with players that have passion and good character. Lynch, unfortunately, doesn't seem to be one of them. Addition by subtraction

I really don't get all the Lynch hatred of late. I just don't. He had a down year, on a team where everyone had a down year. And now he doesn't play with passion? He's one of the hardest runners I've ever seen and gives his all every time he steps on the field.

Between the suspension, the trainers letting him gain weight, and Jauron not having a clue on how to run an offense; is it any wonder his production fell off last year?

Nix has said he plans on Lynch being here next year and I, for one, hope he telling the truth.

The Bills need playmakers on offense and they took maybe the best offensive player in the draft.

IF they also got rid of Lynch then it would be an illoigcal pick--why replace one potentially great running back with another one? Even with the character issues with Lynch, it would be a move that just keeps the Bills spinning their wheels.

These are the weaknesses of Spiller listed by http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...J-Spiller.php):

"Does not have the size you'd prefer --- Isn't very physical --- Prefers to bounce everything outside --- Dances too much --- Won't pick up the tough yards --- Not much of a blocker --- Wasn't a workhorse in college and won't be able to carry the load in the NFL --- Durability's a concern.

Lynch is the opposite type of runner: has the size, is extremely physical, thrives inside, picks up the tough yards, and is an every down runner, a workhorse.

Lynch is the starting back, but Spiller will be on the field a lot as well, with Jackson getting some carries as well.

Jackson is almost 30--only a bad team would draft someone like Spiller, not a clear starting running back, and get rid of the workhorse, their beast, giving up on him so soon.

Spiller and Lynch will be a great combination, give the Bills one of the best running games in the NFL, one of the most dynamic.

thank you. :thumbsup:

I get what you're saying but if Spiller doesn't lead the team in touches, even the most staunch defenders of this regime will have to second guess the pick.

He is an unreal talent who is a Marshall Faulk clone.

As far as where Lynch comes into play, he'll be there because RB's rarely hold up for a full season and he'll just have to get used to a backup role. It does seem like the Bills are effin with him though.

Just like when the Bills drafted McGahee, theres another trend starting with RBs. Back when they took Willis, they wanted to run a tandem with the RB's with a 1a/1b system. Before that, teams typically had a starter, and then a guy or 2 that may come in and spell the starter for a play or 2 once in a while. Now, almost every team has a 2 back system. Some teams are now going to 3 backs, like the Giants did a couple seasons ago (wasn't it Earth, Wind, and Fire?).

Why does everyone think this automatically means they have to move someone? Haven't people been begging the Bills to become more of a power running team?

Why would you make a trade when you can't get value for the player? If Lynch has a good season, they can get a 2nd rounder for him next year and have a productive player. If he doesn't then they can still probably get a 5th rounder for him.

I agree...hold onto Lynch once a contending team has their starter get hurt in pre-season or early in the season we could steal a 2nd rounder for Lynch..I think it is better to sit an wait.. :thumbsup:

All 3 have different styles, and I believe the plan is to use them when their styles dictate. Spiller is going to be returning kicks and or Punts with McKelvin, and will also be used as a receiver sometimes. He will get enough touches of the ball without taking many away from Lynch and Jackson, plus having the extra weapon at RB will take some of the pressure off of the passing game

You're missing the point with the Spiller pick...In essence, the Bills have added three players with C.J.: Running Back obviously, and kick/punt returner extraordinare. But I believe the FO is really projecting him to excel as a receiver. My guess is Gailey will use him as a primary receiver, not just a dump-off, back-in-motion option. We will certainly see him do that, but he will also be, effectively, the slot receiver at times. And don't be surprised if he sometimes streak straight down field. So Lynch and/or Jackson should be on the field most of the time.

Two other factors Spiller will bring to the offense: Headaches and fear. Because of his ability to be used in so many ways, and the potential to take it to the house every time he touches the ball, defensive coordinators are going to be pulling their hair out. And defensive players are bound to be on edge every time he's on the field, knowing they can be embarrassed at any moment. Which means they're going to be distracted and tentative.

If Hardy and Johnson come through as receivers this year, and if (The Big IF) one of the QBs actually performs well, this offense could be nutty. At a minimum, I think we'll see the Bills score-per-game increase markedly.