Do the right thing, take Bruce campbell here.

There are still some interesting players left (Norwood, Everson Griffen, Mardy Gilyard, Snead..) but I hope to God they end up taking Bruce Campbell if he is still there. He was thought of as a potential top 10 pick going into the draft. Not sure why he has fallen so far but he would still be incredible value in round 4 at a position of dire need. Then in round 5 possibly pick up Jevan Snead or Tony Pike if they are there and try and develop one of them over the course of the next year. Mardy Gilyard is another one I would love to see the Bills nab somehow. Kind of surprised he is still around too. Should be interesting.

There are still some interesting players left (Norwood, Everson Griffen, Mardy Gilyard, Snead..) but I hope to God they end up taking Bruce Campbell if he is still there. He was thought of as a potential top 10 pick going into the draft. Not sure why he has fallen so far but he would still be incredible value in round 4 at a position of dire need. Then in round 5 possibly pick up Jevan Snead or Tony Pike if they are there and try and develop one of them over the course of the next year. Mardy Gilyard is another one I would love to see the Bills nab somehow. Kind of surprised he is still around too. Should be interesting.

Well, you guys know my feelings on him, or more so, Roosevelt:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...111202&st=0

there's a reason 32 teams passed on him. 100 selections and he's still there.

Think Mike Williams... doesn't have the will or comittment to play this game.

Yeah, but it's the 4th round, not first or second. That second round reach still has people shaking their heads. The North Carolina DT, Cam Thomas, is much more suited for the 3-4. Leave it to the Bills to take a guy 2 or 3 rounds earlier than they needed to, though.

I don't understand, Campbell was supposed to be our guy in the second. We were idiots for not taking him in the 2nd. Kiper will never be the same now. Just kidding by the way, this guy would be a project similar to Bell in many respects, why waste a pick if he can't play either. I think that some of you don't care who is picked at LT just as long as we get a body in there. Who has REALLY seen this guy play anyways?

there's a reason 32 teams passed on him. 100 selections and he's still there.

Think Mike Williams... doesn't have the will or comittment to play this game.

Tony Mandarich without Mandarich's on the field productivity would be a better comparison.

There is no question that Campbell's athletic ability is that of a high first rounder and should be enough to

make him worth a pick in round 4. HOWEVER, there is definitely something about him that ALL 32 NFL teams

don't like for him to still be available after 100 picks. It is a mistake to think that all the NFL teams that spent

$ MILLIONS on scouting failed to find this guy when the draft publications and internet sites found him.

There is at least 1, maybe more, big warts on this guy. We just don't know what they are - total speculation, but

the could be among: injury, 'roids, attitude, legal/off-field problems, bad play in college, bad reports from his

college coaches, etc...

It kind of cracks Me up how some Folks take things to the extreme around here...Bruce Campbell goes to the Combine and completely blows up...Everyone on TV (only half jokingly) says The Raiders will take him at #8...His workout numbers are off the charts...But he does not have a ton of experience (only started 17 Games in College) and his Film Grades are not that of an elite Prospect...A couple jokes are made at Campbell's expense and now he sucks out loud... :beer:

The problem with Campbell IS NOT that he is a bad player...He's just not nearly as good a Player as his workout numbers would indicate...A lot of that has to do with inexperience and Coaching...He does NOT play like Jane, and at times he does play like Tarzan...Just not nearly enough to be a Premium Pick...He's inexperienced, his technique is lacking, and he has a history of getting dinged up...All these reasons are why, and rightfully so, he did not go in the 1st 3 Rounds...A lot of Teams probably took him off their boards, or dropped him a Round or two, due to the injury history...

But now we're in the 4th Round and at this point Campbell has to at least move back into consideration...A lot of Campbell's problems on the field are fixable...He needs to get stronger in his lower body for example...But Campbell has athletic ability to be an elite LT in the NFL in a few years...He's already an elite athlete for a LT...He's most definitely a boom or bust type...No question about it...But again, it's the 4th Round...Are there really any 4th Round Busts? If Campbell can stay healthy, and if he can be Coached up, at this point of the Draft he may very well be a bargain-type Pick...And if not...If he stays hurt and can't cut it...Well...At least you're not gambling with a 1st or 2nd Round Pick... :angry:

Cam Newton is a better 3-4 NT than the one the Bills took in round 2 though.

Who is Cam Newton? If you're talking Cam Thomas, apparently 31 other teams don't think too much of him, since he's still there.

Yeah, but it's the 4th round, not first or second. That second round reach still has people shaking their heads. The North Carolina DT, Cam Thomas, is much more suited for the 3-4. Leave it to the Bills to take a guy 2 or 3 rounds earlier than they needed to, though.

As to the original poster, I think the Bills will draft an OL, but not a LT. A guy that fits the formula for how the Bills are drafting is C Ted Larsen from NCSU. Jim Ritcher Award winner, got better every year he played, and is a four year starter. He could come in and start for the Bills, and allow a shift in the line that would improve two positions. Larsen would start at C, moving Hangartner to his best position at LG. Levitre could then shift over to his natural position at LT, where he played the majority of his college career. Or, if wood is not ready, you can move Hangartner to RG until Wood is ready to play again, and then move the lines. This would make sense and no one can argue that an improvement at center isn't another need we have on this team, particularly if it can make us better elsewhere.

As to the above quoted statement: If Cam Thomas was so much better than Torell Troup for the 3-4 NT position, one where many teams have a need for starters and depth, why is it that he is still on the board in the fourth round? Did all of those teams suddenly figure out that their current players are better or younger? Or could it be that Cam Thomas wasn't that good? I think he wasn't that good. In ACC play, he didn't look particularly dominating against the better Cs in the conference, including Ted Larson at NCSU, who just made him look stupid. The fact is Thomas was overrated, and there's a reason no one else took him. Just because Mel Kiper thinks he's good or better than another player, doesn't make it the truth. Buffalo got a really good player in Troup and addressed two positions of need. We needed a true 3 down NT and a big body at DE who can help us stop the run and improve the rotation. Stroud is getting older and we have yet to see how Spencer Johnson will adjust to being a DE. The Bills were TERRIBLE for the last four years against the run. We're addressing that need with this draft. People need to chill and see where we are at the end of the draft. I'll bet you the players we select in the first four rounds will turn out to be starters on this team.

I like "Army of Darkness" too, but he very well could fall to us in the Fifth. Buffalo should address the OL in the Fourth, and try to trade Lynch for another fourth, which they should use to get another OL or a QB.