For those of you who wanted the Parcells approach to rebuilding

It strikes me that what we're seeing is almost exactly the template that Parcells brought to Miami, with success.

Step one, hire smart, experienced, and creative coaches on offense, to mask your deficiencies with scheme.

Second, rebuild the o line. This was started last year, and it will continue. In fact Parcells is now rebuilding his line for the second time. The obvious difference here is no Jake Long. It's a big difference, but there must be a plan here.

Third, use a dynamic playmaker in the backfield. Spiller can do everything that Ronnie Brown can, and he's more explosive.

Fourth, draft and sign big nasties to anchor the 3-4. Done, and it's about time.

Fifth, generate pressure packages with athletic linebackers. I expect that this will be a focus of Day 3 and the rest of the offseason.

Finally, take a patient approach to the QB issue. Parcells was willing to give the keys to Pennington for a couple of years. Folks, Trent Edwards is nobody'd first choice but he's really not too different from Pennington as a game manager.

Personally, I find the new approach refreshing. Looking forward to Day 3 and the rest of the offseason.

It strikes me that what we're seeing is almost exactly the template that Parcells brought to Miami, with success.

Step one, hire smart, experienced, and creative coaches on offense, to mask your deficiencies with scheme.

Second, rebuild the o line. This was started last year, and it will continue. In fact Parcells is now rebuilding his line for the second time. The obvious difference here is no Jake Long. It's a big difference, but there must be a plan here.

Third, use a dynamic playmaker in the backfield. Spiller can do everything that Ronnie Brown can, and he's more explosive.

Fourth, draft and sign big nasties to anchor the 3-4. Done, and it's about time.

Fifth, generate pressure packages with athletic linebackers. I expect that this will be a focus of Day 3 and the rest of the offseason.

Finally, take a patient approach to the QB issue. Parcells was willing to give the keys to Pennington for a couple of years. Folks, Trent Edwards is nobody'd first choice but he's really not too different from Pennington as a game manager.

Personally, I find the new approach refreshing. Looking forward to Day 3 and the rest of the offseason.

[sarc] You obviously don't get it!! The Bills are thisclose to making a run at the SB and they aren't signing any name FA. They don't care about winning!! [/sarc]

I totally agree with this and I wish this board could have more like us and less of the sniffling Chicken Littles, what a bunch of wusses, Thank YOU

Good post. I'm very happy about adding some size on defense -- something sorely lacking that hasn't gotten near enough attention here.

I never thought QB should be a priority in this draft. Let's fix the glaring holes and then see what Edwards can do.

..Second, rebuild the o line. This was started last year, and it will continue...

Ya, rebuild the O-Line is job key. Probably why they aren't spending a high draft pick on a QB. Why draft a high round $ QB, just to see their career end behind a swiss cheese line we have now?

Fix the line one year.. then the next year put a fancy new QB behind it.

Besides... maybe Trent will make a come back. That concussion really screwed him up.. like Cougar in Top Gun. Maybe an off season will fix that.

Top Gun reference...nice

Correct me if I am wrong though, Cougar quit so there was no comeback

Crud. You're right. I have to re-think this one.

Maybe Cougar came back in Top Gun II? Or Days of Thunder?

There is no doubt that a different approach is being taken at OBD. It seems to be taking on a tone of more "old school" football where the basics are focused upon first. You compared the rebuild to Parcells which is fair. I also think it has similiar tones to the Steelers. Thanks for your insights and positive tone. My hope for the season is renewing again.

Nice post, but i have to disagree with this point. There is one major difference between Trent and Chad.

Chad has balls, apparently Trent has mailed his to Dakota Fanning.