Truth to Torrel Troup

Personally I think if we took Cody where we were, Baltimore would have went with this guy and wouldn't have had a shot at him later on...I still think it was a little bit of a reach, but no more than taking him maybe six or seven spots too early...not a big deal at all...

When they announced this pick I was like huh? who?...but then after really looking him up and listening to his interviews...watching his highlights...my mind was changed completely...I didn't see ANYTHING or hear ANYTHING...that said this guy wasn't a perfect NT...he is a good guy...hard worker...read about how he came in a bit overwieght and only played a few snaps and got subbed out and went to the coach and said "what can I do to be better" the coach told him to work on stamina and lose some weight...lost fifteen pounds every season until his JR. year when he had his breakout season...he puts in the work...unlike a lot of reports on Cody...I still like Cody the guy is a monster, but honestly I really think Troup could be better because of work ethic alone...I knew nothing about him, but I have yet to see a negative report on the kid...With Edwards, Troup, and Stroud as down linemen our run defense got WORLDS better in one off season...this draft is a lot better than I gave it credit for out of the gate...ALOT...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it. Do the so called experts have the ability to scout kids from small programs? They can only do so much. Do they have a team of scouts that go to schools and evaluate the kids? It's only natural that these Draft "experts" would see alot more of the kids from the big time programs. Now if the Bills had selected a kid from a big time program that most thought was a reach then I would be more worried. I don't think it will take much time to see if the Bill's scouts got it right.

I am fine with Troup, fills a huge hole...but 2nd round? I would love to see some sort of evidence that he would not have been there in the 3rd or 4th round.

Now he has pressure on him to not be a bust since he is a 2nd round pick. IMO he has to be like Vince Wilfork type player or this was a wasted pick.

I am thinking that the proof is that as soon as we took him there was a total run on DT's immediately after.

I've done my reading on both of them. The way I see it:

Troup worked hard to lose 30 pounds to become stronger and faster off the point of attack.

Cody had an extra ham sandwich and needs a nap and still can't play every down.

Nuf said.

Da Bills (and Torrel Troup), an ugly mutt, but MY MUTT!! :flirt:

Except for the fact that the organization that we love hasn't made the playoffs since 1999 and has had some down right bad draft picks. That translates to no credibility and heavy skepticism despite the fact that we have a new regime at the helm in Buddy/Chan.

you typed my reply for me...

i understand your frustration as a fan for the last decade+ of stupid decisions. but the clock has been reset.

FURTHERMORE, my previous post applies to ALL teams and ALL picks and ALL "experts". Not just the Bills.

and never before have i used a term so loosely than when i refer to the talking heads as "experts". if there was a shorter term than "paid guessers", id use that.

It all starts with the Offensive Line, Period end of story.

Technically, it starts with both lines. And the FO addressed the D-line, added two talented skill playermakers on offense, and gave us a few late round picks for the o-line. Are you unhappy they didn't add a left tackle in round one? Is that your real beef?

I am a senior at UCF and while I like UCF Knights football, it doesnt compare to my sick love for the Bills. However, I have gone to a lot of games throughout my years and I have seen Troup in action a decent amount of times. I know a lot of people/friends of mine are really high on this guy. Says hes a beast and I believe he is as well. He was consistently double-teamed and we had a pretty good defensive running game almost every year. Would free up linebackers a lot and be a real physical player. Tough kid, who did not take many plays off.

My girlfriend also had a bunch of classes with him and said he was a super nice guy. Seemed lazy, but that normal since the guy works out a lot. She also said everyone liked him and he seems really genuine.

Thought I would pass on the knowledge and while i was still very much surprised, i believe this pick will reap a lot of benefits for us. Him and Kyle are very similar and will work well to improve each others game.

Good stuff. Thanks for posting. :flirt:

He's a big, thick and strong kid. Has big mitts too and will use them violently. It's not glorified work, but it sure is gosh darn important. He's a superb run stuffer and the quintessential NT.

Agreed. We saw one NT drop to the 4th or 5th round and Cody will be backing up Ngata after being picked farther down in Round 2. Buddy saw all of the NT's and had his choice between the remaining top 3. He liked Troup. I like is reasonings. Cody weighs more, but is a mass of fat up top. Troup is lighter than Cody but has the majority of his weight in his legs and it's muscle. NT's drive with their legs. Troup played every down in college. He won't have to do that here. So I'm going with what Buddy thinks. Could we have gotten him later? Maybe, but if you really wan the guy, get him while you can.

I completely agree. No way would he have made it to their next pick. Therefore, I fully disagree with anyone who calls this pick a reach.

Troup is 6'3" and according to Nix is already at 320#, and since his weight is mostly in his lower half, he can add another 15-20#. Besides that, he's strong, doing 34 reps of 225#, has long arms, and is a 3-down/4 quarters player. I could give a rip where the "experts" thought he'd go, and given the run on DT's in the 2nd, it's doubtful he would have even made it to the 3rd.

Good post +1

Personally I think if we took Cody where we were, Baltimore would have went with this guy and wouldn't have had a shot at him later on...I still think it was a little bit of a reach, but no more than taking him maybe six or seven spots too early...not a big deal at all...

When they announced this pick I was like huh? who?...but then after really looking him up and listening to his interviews...watching his highlights...my mind was changed completely...I didn't see ANYTHING or hear ANYTHING...that said this guy wasn't a perfect NT...he is a good guy...hard worker...read about how he came in a bit overwieght and only played a few snaps and got subbed out and went to the coach and said "what can I do to be better" the coach told him to work on stamina and lose some weight...lost fifteen pounds every season until his JR. year when he had his breakout season...he puts in the work...unlike a lot of reports on Cody...I still like Cody the guy is a monster, but honestly I really think Troup could be better because of work ethic alone...I knew nothing about him, but I have yet to see a negative report on the kid...With Edwards, Troup, and Stroud as down linemen our run defense got WORLDS better in one off season...this draft is a lot better than I gave it credit for out of the gate...ALOT...

Glad you see it that way now. I think that many people who had problems with the draft at first like you may come to like it over time. :flirt: