Fred Jackson will be the odd man out...

Go ahead and make fun of me but Freddie will be the odd man out. I know he was better than Lynch last year but he is almost 30 without the speed of Spiller or the power of Lynch. I know he is a Buffalo guy. But he also represents everything that was wrong with Buffalo under DJ and Levy -drafting and playing guys that are either too small, too slow, too white, or too old to play. I'd be shocked if Lynch is traded at this point unless someone is willing to give up an experienced offensive lineman for him. I think Lynch/Spiller will be the Buffalo version of Thunder and Lightning.

I'll gladly take that bet. Fred Jackson will be a Bill in 2010, and be one of our top 3 offensive performers.

He will be on the team. There is no question there. I suspect he will get 3-5 carries a game and will be returning kickoffs with Spiller/McKelvin.

Couldn't disagree more. I'll be the first to point out that Jackson is 30, but he also doesn't have the typical wear and tear an NFL back does. Not to mention that he does EVERYTHING better than Lynch, including being a part of this team, and plays in more situations, such as special teams means it's more likely the Bills keep him to mentor Spiller and be a 3rd down RB.

Not to mention, other teams see Lynch as younger and with more upside still with a manageable contract with 3 years left. That's why I agree with Nix, if the Bills don't get their price they'll hold onto all 3 and have a backfield of Lynch, Jackson and Spiller. I see many a 2 back formation with RB in motion this year.

Who says there's got to be an odd man out? We'll keep all 3 AND use all 3. Bill Bellyache always has a stable of good RBs and they all contibute. Who can forget Earth, Wind, and Fire. (Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw) that helped take NY to a SB win.

I think we're not drafing line because the plan is pound the rock and stop the run. We already can stop the pass. Last year our OL sucked at pass protection but was good at run blocking. Give 'em another year of practive and instead of trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole, stop trying to pass 3/4 of the time when you're not good at it.

Put Fitz back there with a run heavy offense and get Spiller loose on some trick plays, passes out of the backfield ala Thurman Thomas. Put Spiller in the backfield with Fred/ML and then send Spiller out in motion. He'll draw some serious attention from the D. Aslo send Fitz out on some roll outs. Use his strengths too.

I could see this working.

I think Jackson still gets the bulk of the carries. Spiller may get more as the season goes on, but Freddie will stay in the mix. This will help CJ stay fresh since he'll probably be returning kicks as well (let Leodis concentrate on corner).

Go ahead and make fun of me but Freddie will be the odd man out. I know he was better than Lynch last year but he is almost 30 without the speed of Spiller or the power of Lynch. I know he is a Buffalo guy. But he also represents everything that was wrong with Buffalo under DJ and Levy -drafting and playing guys that are either too small, too slow, too white, or too old to play. I'd be shocked if Lynch is traded at this point unless someone is willing to give up an experienced offensive lineman for him. I think Lynch/Spiller will be the Buffalo version of Thunder and Lightning.

you are dillusional

He will be on the team. There is no question there. I suspect he will get 3-5 carries a game and will be returning kickoffs with Spiller/McKelvin.

3-5 carries? Are you nuts? He is going to be our starting RB. He will get 10-15 carries a game.

Spiller is going to line up all over the field. Just like PErcy HArvin and Reggie Bush. Spiller will get 15-2 touches a game, but I bet 4-5 of them will be receptions. Fred Jackson will be very much involved

3-5 carries? Are you nuts? He is going to be our starting RB. He will get 10-15 carries a game.

Spiller is going to line up all over the field. Just like PErcy HArvin and Reggie Bush. Spiller will get 15-2 touches a game, but I bet 4-5 of them will be receptions. Fred Jackson will be very much involved

New coach ......this isnt Juaron buddy .......Chan Gailey offenses likes his running backs to punish and that is Lynch all the way . I must admit that when Gailey was with the Steelers they had some very physical runners (Barry Foster) in Lynch mold (22 yrs old) , with a home run hitter in Spiller( 22 yrs old) and I can see Freddy being very nervous with a new coaching staff and his age . He should be nervous Spiller is a better down the field threat in the passing game plus a better runner. That is an awsome combo...the power of Marshawn and the speed of Spiller ......Wow a true Thunder and Lightning or( Beast Mode and Jaguar , what ever you want to call them) and this will give Defenses pause when it comes to our run game now

I don't see us trading lynch unless we're still in desperate need of a LT toward the end of free agency. Right now we have have 5 RB's! 5! We're definitely looking at a power running offense. Ground and Pound baby! GnP!

God I hope not. It was painful watching him return KOs last year. Freddie simply doesn't have the speed. That should be McKelvin's role.

Due to age, Lynch brings more trade value so he's the guy I think we should trade, but it's possible we'll have all 3 on the rooster and if so, I could see the touches getting split pretty evenly between the 3 of them -- at least initially, with Spiller's performance dictating how quickly his role expands.

Go ahead and make fun of me but Freddie will be the odd man out. I know he was better than Lynch last year but he is almost 30 without the speed of Spiller or the power of Lynch. I know he is a Buffalo guy. But he also represents everything that was wrong with Buffalo under DJ and Levy -drafting and playing guys that are either too small, too slow, too white,

Here's where I stopped reading.

Don't trade Lynch or Jackson unless you get value.

EXACTLY

The other RB's are camp fodder, and Lynch, Jackson, and Spiller will be used equally when their personal talents dictate. Spiller is also going to be used all over the field. I think Jackson will be more of the "workhorse" carrying the ball, Lynch will be used when they need the power, and spiller will be used to make catches and when trying to "break a long one", plus Spiller will probably be used on either Punt returns or kickoffs, with McKelvin doing the other (probably kickoffs).

If this makes anyone more expendable, its probably Parrish, since this gives them another return threat

Can I have some of what you're smoking??