Round 2, Pick #41: DT Torell Troup - Central Florida

SDS

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I over reacted. Troup can play OL and block for our number one pick right?

Oh he can't...well at least we have a great OL already and there were no decent OT values with higher grades from all the analysts left on the board.

People also complained quickly about Whitner, Maybin, and McCargo. Bad picks are easy to spot...good ones are a little more subtle.

People flipped **** about the Byrd pick, too.

I think Troup was a major need and I'm all for it.

What people are missing is that NT is as big a need as OT. They needed both; if this guy can fill that role, it's a good pick.

But it's the typical 'wow, way too early' reaction that any Bills fan should be used to seeing by now. Let's hope this one works out.

Man, I have an awful feeling we're going to regret not taking Gronkowski and allowing the Patriots to get him. He's a Western NY boy, too.

I'll give Troup a shot. Don't have any other choice in the matter. But I wanted Gronkowski there under the same BPA principle that we used to pick Spiller.

I don't know anything about the guy, and I don't claim to be a 3-4 DEF expert, but Troup looks like a big, solid guy who eats space in the middle... which is what I think we need. If Cody was great someone else would have taken him by now.

Oh come on guys

- How do we KNOW that Troupe was not high on other teams boards there was a run of DT's as soon as we made our pick....how do we know that other teams didn't like him as well

- So let me get this straight.....we couldn't stop the run last year we draft a player that we KNOW is a run plugger and legit NT to go with our new scheme....and people are bitching because he didn't fall on THEIR mock draft?

You got it straight. :w00t:

I guess mocks have have entitlements

People flipped **** about the Byrd pick, too.

Yup. Byrd was taken slightly higher than many projected as well. So far, that has not been an issue. They got the guy they considered the best NT left on the board.

No problems with that. Big dude.........

Man, I have an awful feeling we're going to regret not taking Gronkowski and allowing the Patriots to get him. He's a Western NY boy, too.

I'll give Troup a shot. Don't have any other choice in the matter. But I wanted Gronkowski there under the same BPA principle that we used to pick Spiller.

Gronkowski's family became Pats fans in an instant. Wish someone would rescue me like that.

Some of you sound like Raiders fans defending their crazy picks last year. "Oh, you'll see! You'll be eating crow soon enough!" Whatever. When your franchise is a joke, you don't get the benefit of the doubt on questionable decisions. You have to earn that respect by making the playoffs more than never. Just keep thinking that a 40-carry per game offense with Trent Edwards and Demetrius Bell starting is going to lead us to the promised land.

I'll take you guys seriously the first time you're ever right. And FWIW, I hope you are right. That would make my Sundays much more enjoyable.