Round 2, Pick #41: DT Torell Troup - Central Florida

SDS

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really don't. It's more of a hybrid that changes based on formation. Texas more regularly plays a traditional 34 than Alabama does. 2 schools that play it more often doesn't change the point that the guy we drafted HAS NEVER PLAYED the 34 or the point that it's difficult to project an NFL NT based on how colleges play defense.

We play the 3-4? :D

Thank you! Ralph is staying out of it for once, this is all Nix's draft. I wish fans would get more educated

I just posted that I knew this is Nix's draft. It doesn't change the fact that much of the fan base feels a little leery and gun shy about this team's moves, based largely on historical failures

Al Groh at Virginia is famous for it. . . and Washington did this year for the first time. But you're right, not many do run it. I just Googled it and only a handful of teams run it.

And I can't recall UVA ever sending an NT to the NFL (I could be wrong). Chris Long was a DE and plays in the 43 in St Louis.

I think George Young said it best (paraphrased): If you find a guy who is athletic and over 300 pounds, you pick him.