The Berry Effect

Not to crash the draft day party, but I've caught onto some late rumors/speculation that I didn't see posted here that others may want to hear...

Several sources--including the Washington Post, ESPN's Adam Schefter, and NFL Network's Jason La Canfora--are indicating that teams are preparing for Washington to make a surprise move and pick Eric Berry at No. 4 overall.

I personally don't believe this is true, but if it is, the conversation gets very interesting from that point.

Assuming that the top 3 picks are (in order) Bradford, Suh, and McCoy, then here's what the rest of the top 6 shapes up IMO:

4. Was - Berry

5. KC - Okung

6. Sea - Williams

This is the pivotal pick, Cleveland. My thoughts are that the choice will come down to Boise State's Kyle Wilson, Texas' Earl Thomas, and Ga. Tech's Derrick Morgan. Looking strictly at value in the top 10, I'm giving them Morgan.

7. Cle - Morgan

At 8, Oakland is anyone's guess, but I'm thinking it comes down to either Mike Iupati or Jason Pierre-Paul. Knowing Oakland, Pierre-Paul looks like a winner.

Guess who's names haven't been mentioned yet: Bulaga and Clausen. Dream scenario for Buffalo? I think so.

But keep in mind, this is all predicated on what could be a massive smoke-screen by Washington.

Thoughts?

Not to crash the draft day party, but I've caught onto some late rumors/speculation that I didn't see posted here that others may want to hear...

Several sources--including the Washington Post, ESPN's Adam Schefter, and NFL Network's Jason La Canfora--are indicating that teams are preparing for Washington to make a surprise move and pick Eric Berry at No. 4 overall.

I personally don't believe this is true, but if it is, the conversation gets very interesting from that point.

Assuming that the top 3 picks are (in order) Bradford, Suh, and McCoy, then here's what the rest of the top 6 shapes up IMO:

4. Was - Berry

5. KC - Okung

6. Sea - Williams

This is the pivotal pick, Cleveland. My thoughts are that the choice will come down to Boise State's Kyle Wilson, Texas' Earl Thomas, and Ga. Tech's Derrick Morgan. Looking strictly at value in the top 10, I'm giving them Morgan.

7. Cle - Morgan

At 8, Oakland is anyone's guess, but I'm thinking it comes down to either Mike Iupati or Jason Pierre-Paul. Knowing Oakland, Pierre-Paul looks like a winner.

Guess who's names haven't been mentioned yet: Bulaga and Clausen. Dream scenario for Buffalo? I think so.

But keep in mind, this is all predicated on what could be a massive smoke-screen by Washington.

Thoughts?

Nevergive up says the Bills only like Williams and Okung for #9 and NO QB in the first round.

One of the top ten picks will fall to Buffalo at #9.

That is about all that anyone can realistically predict.

Not exactly ... Buffalo's history is to take a #28-32 pick with their top 10. We can only hope the new regime will do better.

Nevergive up says the Bills only like Williams and Okung for #9 and NO QB in the first round.

Did Nevergiveup come down from Mount Sinai with a couple of stone tablets bearing this? :rolleyes: I don't think so.