Mike Lombardi: Bills will take a QB in Rd. 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read Lombardi's post again...it states we will have a new QB by the end of round 1, not that we will select a QB in round 1. To me, this may be an indicator of a trade for Jason Campbell or something in that vein.

You're reading to much into it. He said round 1, not round 5 which is Campbell's value.

It's obvious to me and should be to everyone that the Bills are going to try to trade back into the first to pick Tebow.

Lomabardi was just on the pre-draft edition of the NFL network stating more than a few times that Buffalo really liked Tebow and that he thought they were going to make a push into the later part of the first round to get him.

Lomabardi was just on the pre-draft edition of the NFL network stating more than a few times that Buffalo really liked Tebow and that he thought they were going to make a push into the later part of the first round to get him.

Mayock just said there's a "ghost" team that really wants Tebow. Don't be surprised to see him go before Clausen, if Clausen falls out of the top 10.

All this speculation, kinda goes against NGU's insight, however.

Should be interesting.

You're reading to much into it. He said round 1, not round 5 which is Campbell's value.

It's obvious to me and should be to everyone that the Bills are going to try to trade back into the first to pick Tebow.

I'm not reading too much into anything. Watch and see. I will be the first to praise your knowledge if it breaks down the way you think.

Mayock just said there's a "ghost" team that really wants Tebow. Don't be surprised to see him go before Clausen, if Clausen falls out of the top 10.

All this speculation, kinda goes against NGU's insight, however.

Should be interesting.

They said the Pats are very intersted in Tebow also.

Didn't the Bills already try the JP Losman route? Doesn't seem all that long ago in fact. Jason Campbell is JP Losman 2.0.

Go look at Campbells numbers again. Especially this season. He's way better than Losman. And I liked Losman.

Go look at Campbells numbers again. Especially this season. He's way better than Losman. And I liked Losman.

Having seen them both play erratically multiple times, I don't really care to look up "numbers" and guess what you are hinting at. (FWIW, 2.0 is the version after 1.0 -- so yeah, some things may look a little less nasty, but it'll still malfunction when you need it most.)

I am hoping it's Clausen at #9. I guess I also would be OK with trading up 10 spots or so to grab Tebow at the very end of the 1st.

I hope so too but that tid bit worries me when I reason throug it. To be sure you are going to get a QB at 9, you'd have to pick a guy you know isn't going to be taken with any of the first 8 picks, i.e., a guy no one in their right minds thinks is good enough to get picked that high. That is most definitely not a description of Jimmy Clausen. Sounds to me like Tebow. You can be certain he will still be there at 9 but not Clausen. Plenty of teams ahead of us could take him, most notably Seattle and Cleveland.

If they really do that, you can add it to the list of Buffalo Blunders:

1. Wide Right

2. Homerun Throw Forward

3. No goal.

4. Tim Tebow at #9

If we select Spiller at 9 as is now somewhat expected, we could trade back into the late first round for McCoy or Tebow, or make a blockbuster trade for a high draft pick to take Clausen. That would be a super-aggressive move and if we did it, we'd have to give a 1st and another in 2011. We need to some picks around to fill our LT and 3-4 holes.