Does anybody else hate it when ESPN gives away the pick?

Seriously, we have been waiting 4 months for the draft, and now we're 30 seconds away from hearing Roger Goodell say the name, and .....BOOM....they show Aaron Maybin crying on his cell phone.

Kind of anti-climatic.

Doesn't bother me at all. Well, aside from the fact that it's Aaron Maybin.

Not really. There's never a guarantee that player will actually be the pick. That happened to Brady Quinn a few times the year he was drafted, if memory serves.

And like everyone else, the only thing that bothered me about last year was the fact that they picked Maybin. Yikes.

Not really. There's never a guarantee that player will actually be the pick. That happened to Brady Quinn a few times the year he was drafted, if memory serves.

And like everyone else, the only thing that bothered me about last year was the fact that they picked Maybin. Yikes.

How about the McGahee staged call from Rosenhaus? That was lame.

Seriously, we have been waiting 4 months for the draft, and now we're 30 seconds away from hearing Roger Goodell say the name, and .....BOOM....they show Aaron Maybin crying on his cell phone.

Kind of anti-climatic.

I agree 100 percent.

You know what that is all about? Its about ESPN's massive ego and saying WE told you first and take the glory away from the commish, do not fool yourselves.

Kind of anti-climatic.

i agree.

Chris Berman always hints at it too, because he's got magical cabbie connections. No other team has something like that on draft day.

We learned in Canton that Berman's cabbie's name is Ralph.

I was at the draft with MRags and MarkVaderr. We, along with a bunch of other Bills fans, gathered at the front of the balcony and began a chant of O-RAK-PO, O-RAK-PO, O-RAK-PO. Upon the anouncement of the Aaron Maybin pick, I'm told by friends and family that our chorus of boos was clearly audible on the TV broadcast.

I never thought about that. Maybe I have been so mad at the pick, that I'm channeling my anger in the wrong direction. Perhaps if they had shown Orakpo or Oher on the phone, I would have had a different opinion.

completly agree with you there, i was hoping for oprakpo. But and its a Big But, maybin has a chance to show us hes not a bust this year at linebacker. you never know

life is like a box a chocolates...