Mike Shanahan knows how to build a team

Mike Shanahan is showing the NFL how to build a team that has fallen on hard times and he's proving it with his rebuilding job in DC.

Take note NFL. You don't build a team with DBs and Kickers and WRs like the Raiders like to do. It's refreshing to see a coach fix the real problems rather toy with stupid ideas like "shut down" corners.

The first thing Mike did was fix the QB position: Donovan McNabb and Rex Grossman. Both guys have gone to the Superbowl and I wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins drafted a kid also. McNabb is the starter and Grossman will play if McNabb doesn't do well. They still have Jason Campbell for trade bait and the have a young guy in Colt Brennan.

Mike added Larry Johnson and Willie Parker even though Clinton Portis is a good running back. Plus Mike signed Ryan Torain and I knew he'd do that. I was waiting for it. Torain's only played in one NFL game, but he looked good in his one half of play before he got injured. I wouldn't be surprised if Torain ends up the starter in Washington.

Mike also has PJ Hill, Anthony Alridge and Darrel Young on the roster and Mike will probably take a running back in the draft or have several free agents.

I'm sick of NFL teams not having enough RBs and teams thinking they only need to replace one guy.

As far as the Bills are concerned they need a QB and RBs and hopefully for the Bills fans no DBs.

I am wondering if it will work, though. Washington seems doomed recently! Than, look at their division, the Cowboys have to be at the top, the Eagles should do alright, and the Giants are still dangerous. I do not think the NFCE is as tough as everyone claims but I think he is going to have a hard time finding success.

He needs to address the vertical long ball. He needs to find a WR who can produce a long field threat to take pressure off the running game. By drafting a speedy WR he will make a mistake. History has shown that very few rookies can make an impact as a speedy WR, plus they are very hard to find. He should, however, have no problem finding a veteran with good hands, similar to Rod Smith in Denver.

Whoever he puts in at RB will gain 100+ yards in about every game. It is just something he can make happen!

I am wondering if it will work, though. Washington seems doomed recently! Than, look at their division, the Cowboys have to be at the top, the Eagles should do alright, and the Giants are still dangerous. I do not think the NFCE is as tough as everyone claims but I think he is going to have a hard time finding success.

He needs to address the vertical long ball. He needs to find a WR who can produce a long field threat to take pressure off the running game. By drafting a speedy WR he will make a mistake. History has shown that very few rookies can make an impact as a speedy WR, plus they are very hard to find. He should, however, have no problem finding a veteran with good hands, similar to Rod Smith in Denver.

Whoever he puts in at RB will gain 100+ yards in about every game. It is just something he can make happen!

He does have a good eye for RB talent.

That's weird because Shanny had about eight 1,000 yard rushers in Denver, about 1 or 2 which you could name. Shannahan is known for having great lines. c'mon son!!

yep, I believe it was all about the OL as well, and line coach Alex Gibbs I think it was. made any RB good. Altho, Terrell Davis was really something special. 6th rounder as well.

Mike Shanahan is showing the NFL how to build a team that has fallen on hard times and he's proving it with his rebuilding job in DC.

Take note NFL. You don't build a team with DBs and Kickers and WRs like the Raiders like to do. It's refreshing to see a coach fix the real problems rather toy with stupid ideas like "shut down" corners.

The first thing Mike did was fix the QB position: Donovan McNabb and Rex Grossman. Both guys have gone to the Superbowl and I wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins drafted a kid also. McNabb is the starter and Grossman will play if McNabb doesn't do well. They still have Jason Campbell for trade bait and the have a young guy in Colt Brennan.

Mike added Larry Johnson and Willie Parker even though Clinton Portis is a good running back. Plus Mike signed Ryan Torain and I knew he'd do that. I was waiting for it. Torain's only played in one NFL game, but he looked good in his one half of play before he got injured. I wouldn't be surprised if Torain ends up the starter in Washington.

Mike also has PJ Hill, Anthony Alridge and Darrel Young on the roster and Mike will probably take a running back in the draft or have several free agents.

I'm sick of NFL teams not having enough RBs and teams thinking they only need to replace one guy.

As far as the Bills are concerned they need a QB and RBs and hopefully for the Bills fans no DBs.

Wow, you and Shanny have got it going! I think we're all sick of NFL teams not having enough running backs now! QB's and RB's! Damn it was right there all along. Defense, guys to block, Hell, Denver never had any of those......

I am a fan of ASU, my cousins went there...I knew about Ryan Torain when he came out, I like him. I don't know if he will crack the starting lineup there this year, but he certainly has potential to be the running back of the future there...if he stays healthy.

Take note NFL. You don't build a team with DBs and Kickers and WRs like the Raiders like to do.

Interesting then that the Raiders have better RBs and worse WRs than the Redskins.

This is factually suspect.

1) MS was a guy who traded Portis for Champ Bailey, and goes through RB's like they're a dime a dozen.

2) He was known for having notoriously bad defenses, including making idiotic moves to revamp the defense (like trading for the entire Cleveland Browns' defensive line; seems like he's doing something similar in Washington with the Carriker trade).

3) He basically made the wrong move, IMO, in going after Plummer as his veteran QB, and was only able to redeem himself by drafting Cutler after realizing that Plummer wasn't going to be the guy.

By all indications, MS is a good offensive coach, but is terrible as a personnel guy, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. That's why he was fired in Denver.

All true, except for the one giant, living monkey wrench in all rebuilding programs..........Dan Snyder.

troll