South Park creators threatened over depiction of Muhammad in recent ep

Fezmid

I can't recall any violent Quaker or Amish extremists, but maybe you can dig up a few.

They would be, of course, grouped under the generic label of "Christian". As would Methodists, Baptists, Greek Orthodox, Anglicans, Puritans, Nestorians, etc. I don't see anyone claiming Islam is violent qualifying excepting the Sufis or Ijdihads...so in this context, I'll continue with the generalization.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Islamic wackos just get more press. You think Scott Roeder is any less whacked in the head?

Islam is a religion of peace, just like Christianity is a religion of tolerance. The real problem is that both religions need to be rescued from their followers.

I would expect a world wide organization that routinely kills hundreds of people at a time with explosives would get more attention then a lone gunman.

When you follow that-

Like the Air Force?

With this, no I don't get the point at all. Is the US air force to be compared to a religious terrorist organization?

You really think that was the point Tom was making?

Muslims always seem to want people to view their religion as non-violent and yet they have advocate groups that threaten violence for a depiction of Muhammad in a cartoon that frequently bashes other religion. I would really hope that there are other Muslim groups out there that go out and support South Park because they need to join in on the joke rather then have themselves be perceived as those who will threaten violence over a joke.

I love South Park and loved the 200th episode. It was great that they broached their subject again and brought back officer Barbrady.

I watched tonight's episode. They bleeped out Muhammad's name every time. So annoying. <_<

I tried to catch the midnight re-airing but they showed the Scrotie McBoogerballs episode again. I wonder if that was just a screw up or comedy central completely pulled the episode.

I tried to catch the midnight re-airing but they showed the Scrotie McBoogerballs episode again. I wonder if that was just a screw up or comedy central completely pulled the episode.

Same here. I missed the 10PM start due to the Sabres game. Thought I would catch it at Midnight.

Same here. I missed the 10PM start due to the Sabres game. Thought I would catch it at Midnight.

And there is a disclaimer on the South Park website saying that Comedy Central won't let them stream the episode online right now until they get it into an acceptable form. I have a bad feeling that I will never get to watch that episode.

And there is a disclaimer on the South Park website saying that Comedy Central won't let them stream the episode online right now until they get it into an acceptable form. I have a bad feeling that I will never get to watch that episode.

Why are we now censoring things we never censored before just because a group of people are offended by it? I'm offended by bad TV and I know I'm not alone here but they don't censor that? Well I guess if they did there would be no TV at all.

Why are we now censoring things we never censored before just because a group of people are offended by it? I'm offended by bad TV and I know I'm not alone here but they don't censor that? Well I guess if they did there would be no TV at all.

Censorship for no reason other than fear. Are you good with explosives? If you bomb the network headquarters because of all their crappy shows, they just might start censoring bad shows.

Does anyone know if they ever re-air the Super Best Friends episode? If they do, have they now censored Muhammed out of that one?

Censorship for no reason other than fear. Are you good with explosives? If you bomb the network headquarters because of all their crappy shows, they just might start censoring bad shows.

Does anyone know if they ever re-air the Super Best Friends episode? If they do, have they now censored Muhammed out of that one?

I just watched that episode on southparkstudios.com a couple weeks ago and it wasn't censored