Tebow at 9. OK. I said it.

PIZ

I don't disagree with taking Tebow at all with the 9th pick. If he is your guy trading down and selecting him makes sense, but like Buddy said it takes two. Everyone who bashes this kid and hopes we don't draft him are crazy. There have been plenty of QBs that have not had the best mechanics and still won football games. Guys like John Elway, Dan Marino, Bernie Kosar, Phillip Rivers all throw side arm. Jim Kelly had one of the slowest throwing motions and we all know how much success he had. The kid has flaws, but they are coachable. Leadership, will to win, and the desire to be the best can't be coached and this kids got all the intangibles. For those of you hung up on mechanics and measureables I'm sure you won't mind if the Bills trade the #9 pick to Oakland for Jamarcus Russell, hes got everything your looking for, he just won't win you any games!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever watched him throw? It's so ugly. What were his senior bowl stats again? Far be it for me to agree with Jerry Jones, but he's right - why draft Tebow if he's never going to see the field? Gimmicky college quarterbacks don't translate to successful NFL quarterbacks. The only thing worse than drafting a gimmicky quarterback is drafting one in the top ten.

ive watched almost every game he has played in over the last 4 years. the kid looks more like a real QB than anything the Bills have put on the field in the last 6 years.

did you see the tape from his pro day? he has already improved his mechanics greatly. and that was over a mere 5 weeks, working with a 3rd party coach. imagine what a real coaching staff could do with him over the course of a few months, or a year.

he's already shown that he can improve his throwing motion with some work. if anyone in this entire draft has the work ethic to improve themselves to an NFL level, it's him.

Jerry Jones can suck a !@#$. you're hitching your wagon to a line that was followed by him saying Bill Parcells isnt worth a ****. a line that he called Bill Parcells about that next day and explained that he was just busting balls. so how much of that do you really believe?

I think that we will draft Tebow at 9 too.

My reasoning is: Okung the best OT in this class. After that, the next 5 guys are Williams, Bulaga, Davis, Brown, Saffold and Campbell, are all pretty close IMO. And one of those last 3 will be there at #41 and we will take him there. Every one of those guys are an immediate upgrade too.

ive watched almost every game he has played in over the last 4 years. the kid looks more like a real QB than anything the Bills have put on the field in the last 6 years.

did you see the tape from his pro day? he has already improved his mechanics greatly. and that was over a mere 5 weeks, working with a 3rd party coach. imagine what a real coaching staff could do with him over the course of a few months, or a year.

he's already shown that he can improve his throwing motion with some work. if anyone in this entire draft has the work ethic to improve themselves to an NFL level, it's him.

Jerry Jones can suck a !@#$. you're hitching your wagon to a line that was followed by him saying Bill Parcells isnt worth a ****. a line that he called Bill Parcells about that next day and explained that he was just busting balls. so how much of that do you really believe?

There's really no sense arguing about this. But even you should know that you can't change your mechanics that quickly. As soon as he steps on the field my money says he goes back to the way he is. To be a successful quarterback in the NFL you need to progress through your reads quickly, be able to fit the ball into tight windows, and have the arm strength to get it there. I don't think Tebow has any of those traits. It's hard enough to compete if you've only got two of them. Out of those three, his best attribute is his arm strength, but it's not like Vick or Jeff George arm strength, and don't even tell me he can fit it into tight windows or had progressions to go through at Florida. Not to mention he took, what, four snaps from under center in college? Listen to Casserly: "don't fall in love with the player, fall in love with the tape," and the tape here just doesn't translate.

Most serious football guys aren't giving him grades higher than the third round. We take him at #9 and I will completely lose it. Much worse than Maybin with last year. Thankfully I have faith in the FO not doing that. I'm hoping some team falls on the grenade for us late in the first round. We have so many holes that we need to fill, we don't need a gimmicky quarterback who seriously can't throw at an NFL level at #9 overall.

On the NFL Network, Jim Mora Jr. was the only one who said he was a first round pick, but he couldn't even justify it. He began to stammer, and said "there's just something about this kid." I'm sorry, but you have to do better than that to be drafted #9 overall. I think Jamie Dukes said he wouldn't take him in the first three rounds.

I would not have any heartburn with that pick. I think there are too many intangibles to pass him over. Granted, he was the 23rd first round pick, but I would consider W McGahee in the same definition.

Intangibles don't mean **** if you don't have the tangible skills to play the position.

I think he has the skills to play the position. Start at Game 1 this season - No. Start next season with some grooming - Yes.

I don't think people understand what "grooming" means. It doesn't mean you teach a guy to play the position. It means a guy that has the skills already comes in and adapts to the speed of the game and learns the system. "Don't fall in love with the player, fall in love with the tape." Too many people have fallen in love with Tebow's personality. It just doesn't translate to being NFL-capable.

Charlie Casserly just talked about him on the NFL Network: "Don't fall in love with the player, fall in love with the tape. I did not see a guy who was a natural passer, too many other issues besides the mechanics; I wouldn't take him in the first three rounds." I couldn't agree more.

and barely 6 hours later, all OPINIONS (since that is all we are really talking about here) have changed and they are talking about him going 20-32. none of these "experts" really know what they are talking about. theyre just trying to guess what they THINK will happen.