Roethlisberger violated the NFL's personal-conduct policy

LGB

This has been getting a lot of attention and it will be interesting to see what punishment the commish orders for a "pattern of bad behavior and bad judgments".

"The issue here is with respect to a pattern of behavior and bad judgments," Goodell said. "You do not have to be convicted or even charged with a crime to be able to demonstrate that you've violated a personal-conduct policy, and reflect poorly not only on themselves, but all of their teammates, every NFL player in the league, and everyone associated with the NFL. That is what my concern is, and I have expressed that directly to Ben..."

Update:

Nice, the town where the alleged incident occurred is now a tourist stop (story includes photo of Ben with appropriate t-shirt).

Goodell is a joke.

Wow. Whatever..

Lori may have this one. I think it's got to be 4 games from the league and the Rooney's just may add to it.

As much as I yearn for a franchise QB, I don't want him in Buffalo. At any price. He's a repeat sexual offender in the more impacting court of public opinion. OJ was found not guilty of butchering his wife and her friend. Does that mean Buffalonians welcomed him back in the fold? Hardly..

From everything I've read, Pittsburghians (ites?) are disgusted with him too. If it is more than 4 games, he's likely to move.

This is just my disgusted opinion, but the 'Shield' HAS been tarnished by a 2X SB QB -fair or not- and an emphatic response is mandatory.

Whatever happened to the QB Club -Marino, Aikman, Kelly, Esiason??

Wow. Whatever..

Lori may have this one. I think it's got to be 4 games from the league and the Rooney's just may add to it.

As much as I yearn for a franchise QB, I don't want him in Buffalo. At any price. He's a repeat sexual offender in the more impacting court of public opinion. OJ was found not guilty of butchering his wife and her friend. Does that mean Buffalonians welcomed him back in the fold? Hardly..

From everything I've read, Pittsburghians (ites?) are disgusted with him too. If it is more than 4 games, he's likely to move.

This is just my disgusted opinion, but the 'Shield' HAS been tarnished by a 2X SB QB -fair or not- and an emphatic response is mandatory.

Whatever happened to the QB Club -Marino, Aikman, Kelly, Esiason??

I hope Lori is right, it still doesn't seem enough IMO.

FWIW: I'm not willing to wager that the number relayed to me will end up being the final answer ... but I will say that it supposedly came from an e-mail originating in the NFL offices, via an acquaintance who works for one of the networks. (NOT ESPN, for what it's worth, and not anyone who posts on this board.) Goodell is not amused. At all.

And completely speculating here -- what happens if the NFL investigation turns up proof that money exchanged hands with the bar owner and/or someone inside the local PD?

If they suspend BB for being accused of sexually assaulting woman, anyone want to put together a fund to pay for some girls to go to NE and accuse Brady of some inappropriate sexual conduct? Good thing this is taking place in the country where you are innocent until the media and general public find you guilty

Rodger Goodell's Personal conduct policy is a complete joke if you ask me. I have yet to read anything where his policy has decreased the number of NFL players from getting into trouble. If anything it has opened the doors for media outlets to start lynching parties. It also opens the door for people to intentially try and get althletes in trouble just because can.

I am not sure what happened with Big Ben. If the Police won't charge him then he is innocent. Innocent until proven guility.

If they suspend BB for being accused of sexually assaulting woman, anyone want to put together a fund to pay for some girls to go to NE and accuse Brady of some inappropriate sexual conduct? Good thing this is taking place in the country where you are innocent until the media and general public find you guilty

See, here in our country, if you purposely get a woman drunk to the point where she is unable to remember exactly what happens (other than saying no) and then admit to sexual contact with her, you go to jail if there is proof. Since she refuses to press charges and any DNA evidence is missing (couldn't finish huh Ben?) for the most part, he gets to go free by our legal system.

On the other hand, here if you work for a regular corporation and this happened to you twice (at least), at the minimum your advancement would be stalled. Consider that a suspension.

Please, no way I am getting suspended. I am the man and I will lead the Steelers back to the Superbowl this season. I appreciate your support and if you PM me, I know just the bitches to take Brady down. My lawyer says that would help take the heat off me.

Rodger Goodell's Personal conduct policy is a complete joke if you ask me. I have yet to read anything where his policy has decreased the number of NFL players from getting into trouble. If anything it has opened the doors for media outlets to start lynching parties. It also opens the door for people to intentially try and get althletes in trouble just because can.

I am not sure what happened with Big Ben. If the Police won't charge him then he is innocent. Innocent until proven guilty.

Lack of charges only mean that they don't believe there's enough evidence to pursue charges. It does NOT mean that a crime wasn't committed. As with "civil" trials, the evidence required for violating a personal conduct policy, does not require criminal conviction to be found guilty. Quite possibly Ben is a boor beyond compare and that in and of itself may be all that's necessary to find him in violation of the NFL's policy. Yeah, I know, you fail to see how a higher standard might apply with respect to conduct.

I say, tough. These guys should be held to whatever standard the NFL, their employer, deems appropriate and is reasonable. Sexual harassment will get one fired from most employers and this may be exactly what Big Ben has practiced.

I am not sure what happened with Big Ben. If the Police won't charge him then he is innocent. Innocent until proven guility.

Rodger Goodell's Personal conduct policy has a lower burden of proof (than say a court of law). While there were no charges filed, I suspect that BR will be required to go into rehab to correct this pattern of behavior and will be reformed before the start of training camp and won't missed any regular season games (...well maybe one or two). He will probably face probation and some sort of community service also.

Meanwhile the company that hired BR to promote their beef jerky has pulled the plug on him. Must be no one wants to think of Big Ben's slim stick after "falling short" of the company's standards. :devil:

See, here in our country, if you purposely get a woman drunk to the point where she is unable to remember exactly what happens (other than saying no) and then admit to sexual contact with her, you go to jail if there is proof. Since she refuses to press charges and any DNA evidence is missing (couldn't finish huh Ben?) for the most part, he gets to go free by our legal system.

On the other hand, here if you work for a regular corporation and this happened to you twice (at least), at the minimum your advancement would be stalled. Consider that a suspension.

So you were there and have evidence/proof of this? I'm not saying that he is guilty, or innocent, what I am saying is that he has not been convicted in a court of law, only in the public/media "court of justice".

If you worked for a regular corporation, and they tried to disipline you because you were accused of something, you may have a lawsuit on your hands, or atleast a grievance with a union or labor board

Rodger Goodell's Personal conduct policy has a lower burden of proof (than say a court of law). While there were no charges filed, I suspect that BR will be required to go into rehab to correct this pattern of behavior and will be reformed before the start of training camp and won't missed any regular season games (...well maybe one or two). He will probably face probation and some sort of community service also.

Meanwhile the company that hired BR to promote their beef jerky has pulled the plug on him. Must be no one wants to think of Big Ben's slim stick after "falling short" of the company's standards. :devil:

He is a scumbag,but he won't have any probation,or community service,these are tied to criminal court.

Ridiculous...utterly ridiculous...so now the NFL's Goodell is the Nazi and people back this fool????...c'mon...bad judgment is now grounds for losing your job?...please...this country gets more and more sickening by the week...nobody has any heart...NFL guys are getting suspended for anything and everything...if they go to the bar, suspended...if they do an endzone dance suspended...I think Sapp was right NFL now stands for the No Fun League as far as celebrations go...and now on top of that even if you're AROUND something bad...or even ACCUSED of something bad, you're in violation of the NFL...this is stupid...like Willis once said "I guess I'll just stay in my house and play Madden all day, that isn't a violation of the NFL rules now is it?"...please...plus I'm still fuming over the hockey game, where players show zero heart now...just sports suck nowadays...they really do...