Bills #1 Pick Coming Down To...............

H2o

Let's be honest. It's based on the fact that he's a California guy who comes off of arrogant.

It has nothing to do with ability ( which he has) or Pro-style offense experience ( which he has).

The NFL draft is the worst time of year for stereotyping.

If a defensive player is white, he's high motor. If a Qb is from California, he is going to be a bust.

True...although I have found that whenever Mel Kiper uses the term "Deceptive Speed" for a WR, he usually ends up being white.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest. It's based on the fact that he's a California guy who comes off of arrogant.

It has nothing to do with ability ( which he has) or Pro-style offense experience ( which he has).

The NFL draft is the worst time of year for stereotyping.

If a defensive player is white, he's high motor. If a Qb is from California, he is going to be a bust.

You are probably right.

Here's the part that worries me. In the same report, they say the Redskins will take a QB. Now, I'm not pretending to have insider knowledge, but I fail to see how a team who just made a major "win now" move by acquiring McNabb, who also has a gaping hole ( that's what she said) at Left tackle...with the ability to pick a top left tackle prospect at 4, would waste a premium draft choice and valuable cap space on a Qb who would ride pine for a couple of years.

So, I'm not doubting the validity of the report. I believe those "rumors" are out there. I just don't think you can believe anything you hear about the draft.

While there may be one in the future, right now this is no salary cap.

Hopefully, the new regime will abandon this stupid mentality. When do we learn? Losman cost us a 1st, 2nd and a 5th, then they threw him in behind garbage. Rob Johnson cost us the #9 draft selection and a 4th, and he too was put on the field in front of a high scgool level offensive line. When Trent Edwards looked like he had a shot, they traded away his Left Tackle, and Drew Bledsoe was unable to produce playing behind similarly poor players.

If the Bills draft Spiller or Clausen, it will be the equivalent of spending most of your money on a diamond necklace, and then going for a weekly 3 hour stroll through Flint, Michigan.

The message isn't "don't draft a QB till after you have put together a great OL." It's "if you draft a QB, you have a much more immediate and urgent need for upgrading your OL."

Sorry - but eastcoastsportsnews.com looks like something someone created on inuit websites in their garage. I am not buying it.

Nonetheless, Fronczak had the third-best of all mock drafts last year, after Gosselin and Clark Judge. Check the Huddle Report.

Graphics - they don't matter, they're frosting on cake. Meat is what matters.

If this report is correct than Clausen is gone to Washington by the time the Bills draft.

Nope. The report doesn't say that the Skins will pick Clausen. It says the Skins are publicly saying they will take (most likely Clausen). You seriously think they pay a guy for four years at the money a #4 pick makes to sit behind McNabb? They're chumming the waters trying to find someone to move up and trade for Clausen at #4.

Nope. The report doesn't say that the Skins will pick Clausen. It says the Skins are publicly saying they will take (most likely Clausen). You seriously think they pay a guy for four years at the money a #4 pick makes to sit behind McNabb? They're chumming the waters trying to find someone to move up and trade for Clausen at #4.

Exactly, no way the Redskins use their first rounder on a QB now. I could see them float a 3rd or 4th for a prospect like Skelton, but not a first. Even the Skins aren't that dumb, its all posturing to get a sweeter trade-down deal.

I still dont believe Clausen will be there when the Bills pick though. The Browns technically have two starting QBs on roster with Delhomme and Wallace (although "starting material" can be debated) but they are both on the downswing of their careers. Holmgren does like to groom him some QBs, so I think he's definitely a possibility there.

One other location that most people gloss over is Oakland. Al Davis never comes out and says he's given up on a player (God forbid he's ever wrong) but the Raiders offseason attitude clearly indicates to me that they are planning on moving forward with another option other than Russell. I think Clausen, who's got a cocky swagger and is from California originally, is the perfect prospect for Davis. I think Clausen's workout a few weeks back sealed the deal and Oakland is quietly targeting him.

And for the record, I would be okay with Spiller. Although he doesnt fit an immediate need, I think he's going to be an all-star in the NFL and you simply can't pass on those prospects.

Hopefully, the new regime will abandon this stupid mentality. When do we learn? Losman cost us a 1st, 2nd and a 5th, then they threw him in behind garbage. Rob Johnson cost us the #9 draft selection and a 4th, and he too was put on the field in front of a high scgool level offensive line. When Trent Edwards looked like he had a shot, they traded away his Left Tackle, and Drew Bledsoe was unable to produce playing behind similarly poor players.

If the Bills draft Spiller or Clausen, it will be the equivalent of spending most of your money on a diamond necklace, and then going for a weekly 3 hour stroll through Flint, Michigan.

Now, that's funny. Talk about a diamond in the rough!

If they think Clausen is a franchise QB, take him. There's nothing else to discuss.

For those that are saying that we need to build our OL first, I disagree. Franchise QBs are more valuable and harder to acquire than a good LT. If they think Clausen can be the man, draft the man. Then draft and acquire OL during/after the draft.

We have a good solid running back in Jackson and perhaps the "beast" who will be extremely effective in the bad weather in Lynch (assuming he gets his head on straight). Spiller would be nice, but not necessary and consequently almost as crazy a pick as Eric Berry would be if he were available, great safety that he is.

Clausen isn't going to take us anywhere in the near future. Not with this offensive line. That being said Clausen wouldn't be as insane a pick as Spiller or Berry, just a repeat of the same tired old non-working philosophy as to how to build the Buffalo Bills.

Go for the best tackle available. Trent Williams or Baluga, or go for a great defensive lineman. Great teams build from the trenches back.

the offensive line has been neglected for years in ALL draft positions 1 through 7......that doesn't mean we need to draft an offensive lineman #1 just to prove we're serious about upgrading.......i'm okay with clausen if he's the real deal in Nix's eyes; then draft 3 offensive linemen and 3 defensive linemen and call it a success.........this isn't a one-pick draft; running back, however, would be a luxury pick for us; even ladanian thomlinson didn't bring a super bowl to san diego, so don't fret the running back slot or a receiver slot.....get a field general, build the lines and go after it......

but, QB still rules the league so if clausen is there and Nix thinks he can succeed, then that's the call.

Unfortunately the "we have to have this position" mentality is what bore Whitner, Losman, McCargo. If the value isn't there at OT, it WOULD BE MORE OF THE SAME IF WE REACH FOR AN OT! We still need OL, but if the value isn't there don't reach! I think the draft last year is more indicative of where we're going in this year than the prior years anyway.

The important part is what Buddy was saying - there will be a good player there and we need to get him.

You hit the nail on the head here. I don't think there is one Bills fan out there that doesnt know we need a left tackle. but if the one they like isn't there and somebody that they think is much better IS there, why the hell should they reach? Some of you guys just cant get that through your thick skulls. they will address the left tackle position, it just may not be were some of you deem it should be. I will leave it to the experts.

If either of these guys are the pick, it will be because Ralph Wilson - once again - meddles on draft day and insists upon a particular player.

Even though it has never, ever, worked, he continues to do it. That is why I hate the man.

I am so sick of this crap coach tuesday. You show me one shred of evidence you have that Ralph meddles on draft day and I'll agree with you. if not, stfu!

I am so sick of this crap coach tuesday. You show me one shred of evidence you have that Ralph meddles on draft day and I'll agree with you. if not, stfu!

What kind of evidence are you looking for? A tape-recorded conversation between Ralph and Marv directing Marv to draft Marshawn Lynch? There is a mountain of evidence that has amassed over the years, to the point where not too many people really dispute that it works that way. What crap are you sick of??