Bandit's Mock

Have a look, and let me know what you think (just don't be too mean)...

1.) St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford - QB/Oklahoma

The Rams follow the Golden Rule of the draft…take a franchise QB when you don’t have one. Bradford apparently checked out OK health-wise, making this a no-brainer.

2.) Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh - DT/Nebraska

Head Coach Jim Schwartz looks to recapture the D-Line magic from his days in Tennessee by taking Suh, a disruptive interior presence.

3.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy - DT/Oklahoma

The Tampa-2 defense relies on quick, penetrating DTs, and McCoy is as good as they come in that department.

4.) Washington Redskins: Russell Okung - OT/Oklahoma State

The McNabb trade aside, this pick could still be a QB, but I think they go OL. Don’t count out Trent Williams at this pick as well.

5.) Kansas City Chiefs: Bryan Bulaga - OT/Iowa

GM Scott Pioli values offensive linemen, and has a well-documented friendship with Iowa Head Coach Kirk Ferentz, which I think makes Bulaga the pick. Look for Branden Albert to move to RT.

6.) Seattle Seahawks: Trent Williams - OT/Oklahoma

Another possible Clausen suitor, Seattle has to prepare for life without Walter Jones at LT. There’s also a chance C.J. Spiller comes off the board here.

7.) Cleveland Browns: Jimmy Clausen - QB/Notre Dame

Regime changes almost always means drafting a QB. Throw what Holmgren says about Clausen out the window, if he’s there, he’s the pick.

8.) Oakland Raiders: Eric Berry - S/Tennessee

Anybody ever know of Al Davis to pass on a big, fast playmaker? Didn’t think so. If you want to think huge reach, look for either Bruce Campbell or Anthony Davis at OT.

9.) Buffalo Bills: Derrick Morgan - DE/Georgia Tech

Biggest need? No. Best player available? Maybe. Good value? Yes. Familiarity with the Head Coach and LBs coach? Absolutely. If Morgan can help the pass rush, he’ll be worth the #9 pick. As I’ve said before, this team isn’t good enough to be position-picky; they need guys that will be good long-term assets.

10.) Jacksonville Jaguars: Joe Haden - CB/Florida

That pass defense needs a massive upgrade, and I can’t see them drafting a pass rusher after spending big in FA on Aaron Kampmann.

11.) Denver Broncos (f/ Chi): Dez Bryant - WR/Oklahoma State

Even before the Marshall trade, I thought this was a possibility. My guess is that Josh McDaniels sees a lot of Randy Moss—whom he coached in New England—in Bryant.

12.) Miami Dolphins: Sergio Kindle - LB/Texas

Bill Parcells loves to draft rush LBs, and Kindle is unique in that he’s played the position before. With Jason Taylor and Joey Porter gone, this pick makes sense.

13.) San Francisco 49ers: Rolando McClain - LB/Alabama

Even with needs at OT, WR, and DB, can Mike Singletary (a former ILB) resist the urge to pair McClain with all-world ILB Patrick Willis? I say no.

14.) Seattle Seahawks (f/ Den): C.J. Spiller - RB/Clemson

A breakaway running back at 14? And they got a starting LT? Pack up and go home, Pete Carroll, it doesn’t get a lot better than that on day one.

15.) New York Giants: Sean Weatherspoon - LB/Missouri

They jettisoned MLB Antonio Pierce, and did so sans a succession plan at the position. Weatherspoon is extremely explosive, and has the swagger that the G-Men love in their defenders.

16.) Tennessee Titans: Earl Thomas - S/Texas

As badly as Tennessee needs a pass-rusher, their pass defense might improve just as much by adding a playmaker of Thomas’ caliber. That defensive backfield was brutal in 2009, and Thomas is as versatile and instinctive as any DB in this class.

17.) San Francisco 49ers (f/ Car): Anthony Davis - OT/Rutgers

Now the ‘niners address a major need with Davis. Coach Singletary isn’t afraid to take a guy with some maturity issues (see Crabtree, Michael), as long as the talent is there.

18.) Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Iupati - OG/Idaho

The Steelers need an OL upgrade to protect Big Ben, or whoever might be behind center in 2010. You can’t count out anything at this pick, however, as de facto GM Kevin Colbert loves to draft the best player available.

19.) Atlanta Falcons: Brandon Graham - DE/Michigan

Great combination of value and need here, as Graham is one of the best pass rushers in the class and Atlanta badly needs help there.

20.) Houston Texans: Kyle Wilson - CB/Boise State

Many experts see RB help for the Texans, but Head Coach Gary Kubiak isn’t one to grab them in the first round. I suspect a CB to replace Dunta Robinson will be the pick.

21.) Cincinnati Bengals: Taylor Mays - S/USC

Marvin Lewis jumps at the chance to get a supremely talented safety to compliment his stalwart CB tandem of Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph.

22.) New England Patriots: Jermaine Gresham - TE/Oklahoma

With Wes Welker likely to miss some time early on in the season, and Ben Watson gone in FA, Gresham makes sense as a source of additional weaponry for Tom Brady’s arsenal.

23.) Green Bay Packers: Maurkice Pouncey - C/Florida

The focus in Green Bay is still on the OL, but with Chad Clifton and Mark Tausher returning, they can afford to upgrade the interior with the draft’s best center.

24.) Philadelphia Eagles: Jason Pierre-Paul - DE/South Florida

If they felt the value were right, the Eagles would pick a LB to add to a position ravaged by injury in 2009. Failing that, however, help at pass rusher makes the most sense.

25.) Baltimore Ravens: Jared Odrick - DT/Penn State

Odrick is a natural fit at 5-technique for a team that lost Dwan Edwards in FA.

26.) Arizona Cardinals: Dan Williams - DT/Tennessee

How does the best 3-4 NT in the draft fall so far? I don’t know, but I bet the Cardinals aren’t complaining.

27.) Dallas Cowboys: Bruce Campbell - OT/Maryland

The post-Flozell Adams era begins with the selection of “Evil Dead”, the most physically gifted OT in the class.

28.) San Diego Chargers: Ryan Mathews - RB/Fresno State

I’m sure GM A.J. Smith would love to add a NT to replace Jamal Williams, but I can’t picture them passing on Mathews, a breakaway RB that would compliment Darren Sproles perfectly.

29.) New York Jets: Demaryius Thomas - WR/Georgia Tech

I know, I know. They have Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes, but did you know that both of them will be UFAs following the 2010 season?

30.) Minnesota Vikings: Tim Tebow - QB/Florida

Here it is, the pick you’ve all been waiting for. I’m not sure it’ll be Minnesota, but my intuition tells me that Tebow’s gone by this pick.

31.) Indianapolis Colts: Devin McCourty - CB/Rutgers

They ended the season having to start 2 rookie FAs at CB, adding some depth during this draft is a must.

32.) New Orleans Saints: Carlos Dunlap - DE/Florida

With the loss of Charles Grant, Gregg Williams will want to add a pass rusher to his arsenal. Dunlap fits the bill, and can rush from both the end and tackle positions.

33.) St. Louis Rams: Tyson Alualu - DT/California

34.) Detroit Lions: Charles Brown - OT/USC

35.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Arrelious Benn - WR/Illinois

36.) Kansas City Chiefs: Everson Griffen - DE/USC

37.) Philadelphia Eagles (f/ Was): Colt McCoy - QB/Texas

38.) Cleveland Browns: Jerry Hughes - DE/Texas Christian

39.) Oakland Raiders: Golden Tate - WR/Notre Dame

40.) San Diego Chargers (f/ Sea): Terrence Cody - DT/Alabama

41.) Buffalo Bills: Rodger Saffold - OT/Indiana

42.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f/ Chi): Nate Allen - S/South Florida

43.) Denver Broncos (f/ Mia): Ricky Sapp - DE/Clemson

44.) New England Patriots (f/ Jax): Kareem Jackson - CB/Alabama

45.) Denver Broncos: Donald Butler - LB/Washington

46.) New York Giants: Brian Price - DT/UCLA

47.) New England Patriots (f/ Ten): Damian Williams - WR/USC

48.) Carolina Panthers: Rob Gronkowski - TE/Arizona

49.) San Francisco 49ers: Dexter McCluster - WR/Ole Miss

50.) Kansas City Chiefs (f/ Atl): Cam Thomas - DT/North Carolina

51.) Houston Texans: Jahvid Best - RB/California

52.) Pittsburgh Steelers: Patrick Robinson - CB/Florida State

53.) New England Patriots: Daryl Washington - LB/Texas Christian

54.) Cincinnati Bengals: Dorin Dickerson - TE/Pittsburgh

55.) Philadelphia Eagles: Sean Lee - LB/Penn State

56.) Green Bay Packers: Koa Misi - LB/Utah

57.) Baltimore Ravens: Jerome Murphy - CB/South Florida

58.) Arizona Cardinals: Aaron Hernandez - TE/Florida

59.) Dallas Cowboys: Greg Hardy - DE/Ole Miss

60.) Seattle Seahawks (f/ SD): Cory Wootton - DE/Northwestern

61.) New York Jets: Linval Joseph - DT/East Carolina

62.) Minnesota Vikings: Brandon Spikes - LB/Florida

63.) Indianapolis Colts: LaMarr Houston - DT/Texas

64.) New Orleans Saints: Navorro Bowman - LB/Penn State

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job, but I can't seem them picking a DE after picking one last year. I really can't. They also have PR issues they have to worry about.

Moreover, this team has had a terrible offense for, like, ever (or seemingly so). They simply have to do something about it ASAFP.

Honestly, guys, do you really see them taking a DE? With that offense? With the PR issues they face? And given that they'll be charged with good ol' boy favoritism once again if they pick a GT guy? I can't see it.

I can see Morgan, IF the top OTs are gone and Clausen is gone.

Schobel will be retiring this yr or next, and Maybin is still a maybe for now.

They'll most likely have a serious need for OLB next yr, if not this yr, so might as well fill that now.

I doubt anyone has an issue w/ a GT pick, I would think the familiarity would be a positive.

Altho- Id still rather have Williams or Bulaga or Clausen.

I can see Morgan, IF the top OTs are gone and Clausen is gone.

Schobel will be retiring this yr or next, and Maybin is still a maybe for now.

They'll most likely have a serious need for OLB next yr, if not this yr, so might as well fill that now.

I doubt anyone has an issue w/ a GT pick, I would think the familiarity would be a positive.

Altho- Id still rather have Williams or Bulaga or Clausen.

I'd bet the proverbial farm that it'll be offense. This is a team with bad OTs, one decent WR, two average running backs, and no QB.

Given this setup, have to take Dan Williams or McClain at 9, or trade down.

I understand why you'd say so, but I humbly disagree.

That's a decent draft, but I wonder if they might go defense again in the 2nd.

Could happen, I sense they'll take a value player at every pick this year.

McCluster is a RB, not a WR.

I know he played RB at Ole Miss, but I think his best value in the NFL will be as a receiver.

think I'd have to agree w/ Morgan, if the top OTs + Clausen are gone. unless they really believe A Davis will be ok.

I gave Davis some consideration, actually, but I think this crew will view Morgan as a safer bet.

Looks like a good draft with me, especially like the second rounder.

In this situation, I would imagine the Bills would pursue Jason Campbell.

Thank you sir. If they can get Campbell for a 5th, that'd be ideal IMO.

if we are not going to take biggest area on need OT, NT or QB take the BPA. CJ Spiller.

I could see that as well, I just think that these guys will feel that RBs can be had with later picks.

Most accurate mock I've seen so far, Bandit. The top 6 will definitely go down that way. And I think Morgan may very well be the Bills' pick, but I think they'll also strongly consider Dan Williams and Spiller, probably in that order. Good work.

Thank you sir. Agreed re: Williams and Spiller being considered.

Good job, but I can't seem them picking a DE after picking one last year. I really can't. They also have PR issues they have to worry about.

Moreover, this team has had a terrible offense for, like, ever (or seemingly so). They simply have to do something about it ASAFP.

I understand, believe me, I do. In the end, however, I think it's about getting the best value. If they feel that's Morgan, do you think they'll bite?

I'd bet the proverbial farm that it'll be offense. This is a team with bad OTs, one decent WR, two average running backs, and no QB.

I wouldnt be shocked or bummed if it was Spiller, but they can get by this yr w/ jackson/Lynch if they had to. but what if Schobel retires? Maybin, Kelsay, Mitchell, Ellis on outside LB?

Kudos for all the work you did but I hate that draft

Id rather have Spiller then Morgan if I had the choice or trade down......

Folks.....DONT write off Aaron Maybin just yet.....to me taking a convert to OLB like we did last year is saying we dont think we can salvage Maybin and I think we can

Allow me to clarify.

It's not necessarily what I would do, but rather what I think the Bills would do under this scenario.

I haven't written off Maybin, not by a mile. I just happen to think that no 3-4 team has enough rush LBs, especially a team without a single proven player at that position. A rush LB makes more sense to me than an ILB like McClain when you consider that we already have Posluszny, Mitchell, and Davis in the fold.

I'd also rather have Spiller, but I don't think this group cares what I think.

Thanks for the kudos though.

:nana:

DE seems like the last thing we need... next to DB that is.. If Clausen and the top tackles are gone they should trade down..

I'd much rather see them grab an offensive play maker.. We need offense!!

DE seems like the last thing we need... next to DB that is.. If Clausen and the top tackles are gone they should trade down..

I'd much rather see them grab an offensive play maker.. We need offense!!

once again, what if Schobel retires?

That was my 1st reaction, but the new staff needs to ignore the Maybin selection and evaluate what they have for their 3-4 defense. Right now you have a bunch of players penciled in at positions they haven't played. If Schobel retires, you have Kelsay, Ellis, Maybin (and Ellison?) as outside LBs and Edwards (only one to play a 3-4), S.Johnson and Stroud as DEs.

Morgan wouldn't be my preference but I'd understand it. I agree they need to focus on offense, for which they've only added C.Green, Chad Jackson and 2 no-name RBs.