FWIW: Buffalo Rumblings says Lions looking to trade for a RB

Lions Considering a Trade for a Running Back

Lions GM Martin Mayhew has acknowledged that they are looking for another solid running back. PFT names Marshawn Lynch as a possibility in their report. The question is, what are they willing to give up to get one?

There were reports that Buffalo was looking for a 2nd rounder, with Seattle being a possible destination. IMO, I think the Lions will offer a 3rd round draft pick, which would be good considering the Lions hold the #2 spot. I don't see anyone giving the Bills a 2nd rounder for Lynch.

Lions GM Martin Mayhew has acknowledged that they are looking for another solid running back. PFT names Marshawn Lynch as a possibility in their report. The question is, what are they willing to give up to get one?

Good Dump Lynch!!! :D Sick of primadonnas who cant follow the law and make millions!!

Go get CJ Spiller before the "FISH" get him!!! :nana:

I have heard this on sports radio in Detroit for the past month or so. Would like to see a 2nd round pick but if we can get a third rounder we should do it!

He's not slow at all. He's a good player. That being said don't get rid of Lynch and take Gerhart. If you get rid of Lynch you take Spiller or get McCluster.

If they trade Lynch they should go after McCluster. He's more the type of back they are looking for. I'm guessing he would be a 2nd rounder?

if Detroit offers a 3rd for Lynch, grab that and draft Gerhart

I'd do that in a hearbeat.

If they trade Lynch they should go after McCluster. He's more the type of back they are looking for. I'm guessing he would be a 2nd rounder?

I like McCluster too. I would say he is a scat back like Nix has stated he wants, but I wouldn't want to think RB until the third round the earliest, JMO.

Not that I support trading Lynch, but Gerhart ran a 4.5 at the combine, comparable to Lynch's 4.45.

Gerhart has more to offer than most people think. Most people write him off as an overrated white guy that's too slow for the next level, but I think he has the power, speed and determination to be a successful NFL running back. I would love for the Bills to find a way to acquire him without passing on a priority guy...such as using an extra pick from a Lynch trade if that works out.

Gerhart has more to offer than most people think. Most people write him off as an overrated white guy that's too slow for the next level, but I think he has the power, speed and determination to be a successful NFL running back. I would love for the Bills to find a way to acquire him without passing on a priority guy...such as using an extra pick from a Lynch trade if that works out.

and durability/endurance. I watched him in the Standford/ND game, run after run, until he looked like he was gonna drop dead, then run some more! mostly power runs as well.

and durability/endurance. I watched him in the Standford/ND game, run after run, until he looked like he was gonna drop dead, then run some more! mostly power runs as well.

I watched that game as well and was amazed at how he seemed to effortlessly steamroll ND's linebackers and break through into the secondary. This kid's got game :thumbsup: