FWIW: Buffalo Rumblings says Lions looking to trade for a RB

I could see them taking Spiller if they got the 3rd from the lyons......then trading for Campbell

Especially if all the OT's are off the board.

You're, what, the 5th person on this thread to mention a third-rounder.

Good luck with that.

Gotta love slow white runningbacks

What does your ignorant statement have to do with Toby Gerhart?

At the combine he ran three 40s with times of 4.47, 4.50, and 4.62 for an average time of 4.53. He has the same speed as Beanie Wells and was faster than supposed scatback Dexter McCluster.

No way Lynch is worth more than a 3rd rounder...why give up a third and get Spiller with a first...NOT worth it...

What are you trying to say here?

If the Bills could get the 2nd pick in the third round for Lynch, you no doubt take it. For those of you who don't think lynch is worth that, I really disagree. He's a pro bowl back, with a little baggage albeit, but still a number 1 guy for some team in need. IMO its apparrent he doesn't want to be here, I could be wrong- I was once before(yes,thats a joke), but with him not showing up to voluntary workouts when there is a whole new staff in place and new systems being installed, i'm thinking most players would want to get a head start on the new season and show up. If he had that kind of commitment to the team he would be here. So I say wash our hands of him if we can get detroits 3rd rounder and start building this roster the way Nix/Gailey see fit. and if that means Spiller in the first, so be it.

Stop it!!!

Stop talking about trading away our our best players on this board!!

Maybe someone is actually reading these things and using it as a part of their evidence for making decisions! (Okay, they aren't that stupid--I hope!)

Lynch is one of our best players--and may, in the coming years, prove to be the best player on this team.

How stupid can people be?? You don't trade away your most talented players.

Stop it!!!

Stop talking about trading away our our best players on this board!!

Maybe someone is actually reading these things and using it as a part of their evidence for making decisions! (Okay, they aren't that stupid--I hope!)

Lynch is one of our best players--and may, in the coming years, prove to be the best player on this team.

How stupid can people be?? You don't trade away your most talented players.

HUH? :thumbdown:

What are you trying to say here?

If the Bills could get the 2nd pick in the third round for Lynch, you no doubt take it. For those of you who don't think lynch is worth that, I really disagree. He's a pro bowl back, with a little baggage albeit, but still a number 1 guy for some team in need. IMO its apparrent he doesn't want to be here, I could be wrong- I was once before(yes,thats a joke), but with him not showing up to voluntary workouts when there is a whole new staff in place and new systems being installed, i'm thinking most players would want to get a head start on the new season and show up. If he had that kind of commitment to the team he would be here. So I say wash our hands of him if we can get detroits 3rd rounder and start building this roster the way Nix/Gailey see fit. and if that means Spiller in the first, so be it.

I noticed that a lot of people on this board hate our own players and love the other teams' rejects. They would love to get rid of Lynch, Evans, Schobel but would glad to take Joey Porters, Brandon Marshall, and pay them millions. Let me tell you this. A lot of team would be interested in Lynch, including the Bills. He is a north south runner and can break tackles. He is a beast and cannot be brought down with one tackler. The problem he had was that he danced too much. That can be corrected. I don't think the Bills should trade him away when there are so many holes to fill. If you trade him away for a second round pick, can you replace him with that pick and make an improvement. No way. Keep him as a backup and concentrate on other positions like LT, NT, and QB.

I noticed that a lot of people on this board hate our own players and love the other teams' rejects. They would love to get rid of Lynch, Evans, Schobel but would glad to take Joey Porters, Brandon Marshall, and pay them millions. Let me tell you this. A lot of team would be interested in Lynch, including the Bills. He is a north south runner and can break tackles. He is a beast and cannot be brought down with one tackler. The problem he had was that he danced too much. That can be corrected. I don't think the Bills should trade him away when there are so many holes to fill. If you trade him away for a second round pick, can you replace him with that pick and make an improvement. No way. Keep him as a backup and concentrate on other positions like LT, NT, and QB.

I happen to like Marshawn and think he is a great player. But i don't think he wants to be here. All the evidence suggests this. If he wants to stay and contribute, then he should get his ass in camp and get to work. if not, they should get a good pic for him and move on.

Edited DraftTek Simulation of Bills trade Lynch for Lions' RD3#66.

9 Buffalo Trent Williams OT Oklahoma

41 Buffalo Colt McCoy QB Texas

66 Buffalo Cam Thomas NT North Carolina

72 Buffalo Ben Tate RB Auburn

107 Buffalo Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnati

140 Buffalo Linval Joseph DE34 East Carolina

178 Buffalo George Selvie OLB34 South Florida

192 Buffalo Travis Ivey NT Maryland

209 Buffalo Chris Scott OT Tennessee

216 Buffalo Chris DeGeare OG Wake Forest

If we get a 3rd round pick for Marshawn, and then use a first round pick to replace him (Spiller) it would be like the Henry and McGahee trades all over again. This team is riddled with holes at positions far more important that running back. We need our existing first and second round draft picks to fill those holes. Any attempt to use an early draft pick to upgrade the running back position would be an extremely serious mistake.

I'd maybe be okay with trading Lynch away, but only if it was understood that we would not try to replace him with a higher draft pick than whichever one we got from the trade.