NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh I've never really hated the Penguins or Wings for some reason. Maybe because 2 years isn't "every year" to me...I would say Sharks/Pens is most likely right now.

Well, I didn't necessarily mean they play in the finals against eachother every year...both teams are easily the most visable, as far as NHL teams go... I live in Texas...I only know a handful of hardcore NHL fans...all like either Detroit or Pittsburgh.

Sharks/Pens might be a good match up. But don't count out Satan and the Bruins...

Well, I didn't necessarily mean they play in the finals against eachother every year...both teams are easily the most visable, as far as NHL teams go... I live in Texas...I only know a handful of hardcore NHL fans...all like either Detroit or Pittsburgh.

Sharks/Pens might be a good match up. But don't count out Satan and the Bruins...

Bruins have lost Krejci for the rest of the playoffs. I think this really hurts them. They will still take care of the Flyers but I think they will be done against the Pens

Bruins have lost Krejci for the rest of the playoffs. I think this really hurts them. They will still take care of the Flyers but I think they will be done against the Pens

Yeah, I know...it is about to be midnight for Cinderella...but it ain't over til its' over...

Meazza,

Soooooo, would you like to call out Fleury again??? I mean, he had some great saves, and yeah, he faced a little bit less shots than Halak, but I mean you have to consider that Montreal doesn't even try to score goals until they are losing late in third periods.

Tough game, but cmon Montreal, you are gonna have to come out and actually play offense at some point arent ya? I admire the coaching being done, but you can't hide in the defensive zone all game.

Go Pens. :worthy:

If Pens don't win this series with the amount of calls going their way, it says a lot about their team.

If Pens don't win this series with the amount of calls going their way, it says a lot about their team.

Quit whining about fuggin calls. When you play the passive offense that you play, how many calls do you think you are actually going to get? Sickening. You don't do anything to draw any calls.

Quit whining about fuggin calls. When you play the passive offense that you play, how many calls do you think you are actually going to get? Sickening. You don't do anything to draw any calls.

:worthy: Whoa there chico. Even the CBC homers, Cherry and Bob Cole pointed out at least SIX !@#$ing calls that were not called.

Anyways regardless.

GO HABS GO.

That being said, after seeing Montreal play four games, and some against Washington, what I thought was good coaching on Montreal's part, might actually be holding them back.

I think they have enough good players to play more of an offensive game. They are just as good playing up tempo as they are in their shell. I really think they should open it up some.

Oh, and just to show how whining makes you look......

Stay classy Montreal fans, throw some more trash on the ice. That speaks well of you all!!!

2-2, see ya Saturday.

:worthy: Whoa there chico. Even the CBC homers, Cherry and Bob Cole pointed out at least SIX !@#$ing calls that were not called.

Anyways regardless.

GO HABS GO.

Imagine that, a Canadian network begging for calls. You all sound like a bunch a little league wanna be coaches wanted everything handed to you.

Go ahead, if it makes you feel better, throw some trash on the ice.

That being said, after seeing Montreal play four games, and some against Washington, what I thought was good coaching on Montreal's part, might actually be holding them back.

I think they have enough good players to play more of an offensive game. They are just as good playing up tempo as they are in their shell. I really think they should open it up some.

Oh, and just to show how whining makes you look......

Stay classy Montreal fans, throw some more trash on the ice. That speaks well of you all!!!

2-2, see ya Saturday.

That's retarded. If it wasn't for goaltending this game would have finished a lot worse for the Habs. Goaltending has clearly kept them in it. If they'd play more open, they'd get killed on def.

Keep calling it whining. I call it like i see it. It's obvious. Even !@#$ing Don Cherry says it. Imagine, the biggest Anti Hab on this planet.

Imagine that, a Canadian network begging for calls. You all sound like a bunch a little league wanna be coaches wanted everything handed to you.

Go ahead, if it makes you feel better, throw some trash on the ice.

Shows how much you know about the game. CBC is anti-Habs. CBC is a Toronto network. Their bias is clear.

That's retarded. If it wasn't for goaltending this game would have finished a lot worse for the Habs. Goaltending has clearly kept them in it. If they'd play more open, they'd get killed on def.

Keep calling it whining. I call it like i see it. It's obvious. Even !@#$ing Don Cherry says it. Imagine, the biggest Anti Hab on this planet.

Whiner. Period. Keep whining about calls. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Whoa are the Habs. They don't even attempt to play offense but expect to generate calls. Cmon man, throw trash, it apparently makes Canadian fans feel better.

I know goaltending has been good. HOWEVER, when they also decide to actually attempt to play real hockey, they actually can carry the play pretty well. Halak makes some good saves. However, the Pens took 49 shots through two periods, and only 26 got through. So, it's not all Halak. It's their defensive scheme. But, when they've come outta their shell, it's surprising to me the Gionta and Gomez still have game left. Cammelleri, or however it's spelled, and Subban. They can actually play some. They've pressed the issue pretty well, when they get their rush going.

Good series.

Shows how much you know about the game. CBC is anti-Habs. CBC is a Toronto network. Their bias is clear.

Why would I give a damn, or ever watch the CBC first of all? All the Pens games are on FSN Pittsburgh. AND, I was listening to the broadcast on the radio in periods 1 and 2, and they were making fun of the Canadian fans for whining about wanting calls everytime a Penguins touched a Hab. So, who's right? Usually, when people whine about calls, it's because your team isn't doing something right. Because I'm sure the refs didn't miss any calls on the Habs right? :worthy:

Keep whining, throw trash.

Whiner. Period. Keep whining about calls. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Whoa are the Habs. They don't even attempt to play offense but expect to generate calls. Cmon man, throw trash, it apparently makes Canadian fans feel better.

Good series.

So you need to be offensive to generate calls? You mean tripping Subban? Cross checking Gionta in front of the net, amongst others to name a few aren't penalties?

Oh you're right, they forgot the mandatory, "look at the ref and yell" A la Sid the Kid.

So you need to be offensive to generate calls? You mean tripping Subban? Cross checking Gionta in front of the net, amongst others to name a few aren't penalties?

Oh you're right, they forgot the mandatory, "look at the ref and yell" A la Sid the Kid.

How about Crosby getting his helmet knocked off two games in a row, no call. How Gomez continually failing to control his stick, especially at the end of game 3, no call. How about blah blah blah blah.

And yeah, the more aggressive teams that actually skate and get rushes generated are going to get more calls. I mean, you can't be dumb enough not to know that. When you sit in your own end all game creating a shell around Halak, what calls do you think you are going to generate? When you guys got out and skated, you started generating calls.

But hey, blame the refs, even though you are playing pretty well. Everyone's against you right, refs, CBC, all American networks, George Bush......wahhhhhhhhh.

My last question of the night Meazza, is how in the hell are the Canadians only an 8 seed? What the hell happened in the regular season? This team is so much better than Ottawa, Boston, Philly, and maybe Buffalo, I just don't get it.

My last question of the night Meazza, is how in the hell are the Canadians only an 8 seed? What the hell happened in the regular season? This team is so much better than Ottawa, Boston, Philly, and maybe Buffalo, I just don't get it.

Injuries, momentum, half of the team is brand new.

Takes a while before the system gets involved.

But in reality they're playing hard for their coach. Coaching for me is much more important than talent. Just ask Ovechkin :worthy:

Injuries, momentum, half of the team is brand new.

Takes a while before the system gets involved.

But in reality they're playing hard for their coach. Coaching for me is much more important than talent. Just ask Ovechkin :worthy:

I hear ya. I really didn't think they were this good. I know they are hot, but they actually have a good team.

The problem is that in order to do that effectively enough to play straight up with the Pens, they have to exert an obscene amount of energy. And no team can maintain that kind of effort for a full game. The can keep that up for about 20 minutes on any given night but I think they'll get slaughtered if they try to play that kind of game for more than a period.