How hard is it

Well, I've heard Rod Blagojevich is offering courses in the old one finger type style. I saw him training other celebrities on Mr. Trump's show.

He might have summer classes if he can clear the newest scandals off of his plate.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a typing class in high school and we would practice typing the following sentence over and over:

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

Years later computers got big and I remembered where all the keys were just by that sentence

I took a typing class in high school and we would practice typing the following sentence over and over:

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

Years later computers got big and I remembered where all the keys were just by that sentence

We used to do pangrams (sentences that use all 26 letters of the alphabet) like...

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Just a little trivia. The keyboard is designed the way it is to slow you down, not to maximize speed (otherwise you wouldn't need to reach to find i and e.) Comes from the days when the letters were at the end of "arms", the arms would jam if two many reached the typewritter ribbon at close to the same time.

And we actually could take typing in 1974 in spite of what others on this topic would have you think. At least I did.

Same here...everyone had to take typing and home ec.

Our typing teacher was a B word but she was a hottie.

My high schools typing teacher was a guy. Needless to say, I didn't bother taking typing. I took all the computer courses, which were all taught by women.

My high schools typing teacher was a guy. Needless to say, I didn't bother taking typing. I took all the computer courses, which were all taught by women.

Mine was a guy married to my cousin. It was the first class after lunch. That was the only semester of high school I didn't come back after lunch stoned out of my mind.

Had to take a typing course in college..Suny It..needed to type

40 words per minute to pass.Man best class I ever took,surrounded

by girls who could type 90 words per min...Now with the computer

keyboard essential in every day life......boy life is easier....!

Heck. this might be fun. At lest I may quit typing a entire paragraph in CAPS BECAUSE I WAS LOOKING AT THE KEYBOARD and then have to type it over. :lol:

Look at the screen numbnuts!! Practice one letter at time using the space bar and then move on. It'll take you at least a couple of months. :bag::P

Well thanks. Now I don't feel so bad. I have gotten a little better with time; at lest I no longer look at the keyboard for 2 minutes and swear the company riped me off and never put a 'y' on it :lol:

I really don't care how fast I type. I just want to be able to do it without looking at the keyboard.

Stop lookin then!!

My HS "keyboarding" teacher was a visionary. She said, "Everyone will need to learn to type. You'll be using word processors or computers in college and printing out your papers. Someday we'll all be communicating by typing into computers."

That was in 1987. B-)

Of course, she didn't think we'd need to learn to type with our thumbs on a Blackberry. :huh:

Oh - she was hot, too. :w00t:

My typing teacher was a newly married young woman that always gave me two good reasons for never missing class. I can't remember her name or her face.

Glad you got something. I took mechanical drawing. Yes mechanical drawing, with drafting table, a t-square and a pencil. That sure came in handy :nana:

LOL...took CAD/CAM in HS and it led me to pursue it in college. That degree included a few mechanical drawing courses...with a drafting table, a t-square and a pencil. :D