Kiper Mock Draft

Leonidas

Buffalo Bills

Top needs: T, QB, NT, WR, OLB, RB

First round (9): OT Bryan Bulaga

Second round (41): QB Tim Tebow

Third round (72): WR Damian Williams

Fourth round (107): TE Anthony McCoy

Summary: The Bills should do the smart thing and upgrade at tackle with Bulaga. Even if Jimmy Clausen is still there, Bulaga is a guy who can upgrade the pass protection from day one. I don't see the Tebow pick as a reflection of him being ready. He's not. Someone will reach on his potential. He needs a long time to figure it out, but his intangibles are off the charts and you can't put it past him. Williams is perhaps the most refined route-runner in the draft. McCoy is a pro-style TE out of USC and continues to improve. He has showed an ability to get down the field, not just work underneath.

Please delete if this was already posted.

Buffalo Bills

Summary: The Bills should do the smart thing and upgrade at tackle with Bulaga. Even if Jimmy Clausen is still there, Bulaga is a guy who can upgrade the pass protection from day one. I don't see the Tebow pick as a reflection of him being ready. He's not. Someone will reach on his potential. He needs a long time to figure it out, but his intangibles are off the charts and you can't put it past him. Williams is perhaps the most refined route-runner in the draft. McCoy is a pro-style TE out of USC and continues to improve. He has showed an ability to get down the field, not just work underneath.

Wouldn't mind Bulaga @ 9 but not if Clausen is there. The other picks I absolutely detest.

Wouldn't mind Bulaga @ 9 but not if Clausen is there. The other picks I absolutely detest.

I detest the entire thing.

Ive heard from many that Bulaga can only play RT or G, that does not fix our LT situation.

We chose no D help and a 4th rd TE... It makes little if any sense.

C'Mon Kiper, you are better than that...

Buffalo Bills

RB a top need??? Outside of DB, that's the only positive aspect of the dreadful team.

Ive heard from many that Bulaga can only play RT or G, that does not fix our LT situation.

Have many told you that we also need a RT?

If we go heavy on the lines (which is what I would prefer - not a fan of Tebow or McCoy in the first two rounds and Claussen, good or bad, would get crushed if we threw him out there now), would we be better off going NT/OT with something like Dan Williams/Bruce Campbell or OT/NT with something like Anthony Davis/Cam Thomas?

according to this mock, Bulaga should be playing RT because Tebow is a south paw which equates to his blind side being his right...just saying. :lol:

Who says he is a long-term RT? Is this a case of "short arm syndrome" again? :lol: He may start at RT, but I bet he makes the transition to LT in a year unless he gets drafted by a team that already has a stud LT ...and that won't happen.

Buffalo Bills

Forget Tim Tebow with pick #41! Dam-it already with TEBOW! With our second pick we can get a very good DT/NT or another OT. We need to load up on lineman this year as the draft is deepest with them. Fix our lines and the rest will follow.

i just saw kiper on nfl live on ESPN. when asked the question "what potential first rounder would be a reach?" kiper's pick was bulaga. he said that he thinks the bills will take him but it will prove to be a mistake

i just saw kiper on nfl live on ESPN. when asked the question "what potential first rounder would be a reach?" kiper's pick was bulaga. he said that he thinks the bills will take him but it will prove to be a mistake

A reach at #9? :lol: This guy's a joke.

A reach at #9? :lol: This guy's a joke.

why not? he's supposed to be the 3rd best OT in the draft and we pick 9th. why are we drafting a guy in the top ten that doesnt even look impressive compared to his fellow position players. thats why i dont want an OT. I believe that LTs will go early more because of an abundance of teams that need them than an abundance of talent. and its much better to draft the best guy on the board, especially when your coach keeps on repeating we can improve at each position.

by the way, Kiper's exact quote was "i think the major reach is a guy who goes in the top 10, maybe where you thought 5 to Kansas City Todd [McShay], i thought 9 to buffalo, and thats Brian Bulaga from Iowa. Medical issue early on, came back rusty, struggled in pass protection as a left tackle until late in the year, may end up being a right tackle. so he's not elite at left tackle. i think he's over drafted if he goes in the top ten."

this was during NFL Live's Draft Duel between Mel Kiper and Todd McShay. by the way McShays pick was if Bruce Campbell is picked in the late first round (which some say we will draft in the 2nd round. McShay said he was slow and not athletic enough to play Left takle

I agree This is a stupid mock from Kiper. No DL picks? Another TE? Really? Halfassed effort by Kiper.

I'm no Kiper-apologist, but it is hard to take DL players when value doesn't line up with need. Clearly,

the Bills need a NT, but somebody PLEASE show me a NT worth a top-10 pick in round 1 or 2. Realistically,

if they spend either their 1st or 2nd on a NT, then it will most likely be a "reach". Dan Williams shouldn't

be a top-10 pick and Terrance Cody, Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph, Torell Troup, Jeff Owens, et al should

probably not be taken 41st overall, either.

I understand that the 2nd round pick becomes more of a crap-shoot. I guess Cody at 41 is not bad (but, he'll

probably be over-drafted before that) and *maybe* Cam Thomas isn't too much of a reach there. The other

NT prospects would be major reaches there, but are not likely to be available at the Bills 3rd pick.

I think it is reasonable to expect that they might not be able to acquire DL help, even though they clearly

need it.

Remember, they aren't going to solve all thier problems this year....

Who says he is a long-term RT? Is this a case of "short arm syndrome" again? :lol: He may start at RT, but I bet he makes the transition to LT in a year unless he gets drafted by a team that already has a stud LT ...and that won't happen.

Doncha know the Bills shift their RTs to LT and then after that soon let them go. See Jonas Jennings, Jason Peters and Langston Walker all as recent examples.

Doncha know the Bills shift their RTs to LT and then after that soon let them go. See Jonas Jennings, Jason Peters and Langston Walker all as recent examples.

Peters was signed as a TE and it wasn't until he was traded that Walker was moved to LT. Jennings could never stay healthy but it will be a real surprise if the OL is not addressed. :lol: