Dan Williams

I'm glad you were able to formulate an accurate scouting report regarding him based soley on a youtube video you watched.

They had every dan williams play from a game against a worthy foe...what better way to form an opinion????

what, do you watch every game a player played before you post?

or, is reading something in a mag. a better way?

I think not....

A lot of people like Dan Williams, the NT from tennesee. So, I watched him on youtube. I rate him as a developmental 3rd rounder at best. See for your self and please comment...

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUMwtmHooJo>

I like the fat guy from 'bama waaaaaaay better....

GO BILLS!

I agree. Dan Williams is our worst nightmare.

williams has a typical body type for a 3-4 NT, but also can play the 3 technique in the 4-3. Problem is that williams is essentially a one yr wonder, he didn't do much prior to this year, and THAT has to be a concern. Maybe he's a late bloomer, or maybe he has a ton of talent but you have to push him to reach full potential, we don't know yet.

I like cody as a 3-4 pure plugger better, Cody is the guy that will jam the middle and free up our LB's to swarm to the ball and shoot the gaps, not to mention the fact that he has the athleticism to penetrate the line and block punts, as evidenced in his highlight tapes. IMO cody is the guy we need to lock up the middle in our new 3-4 front.

I'm glad you were able to formulate an accurate scouting report regarding him based soley on a youtube video you watched.

And you formed yours from what ??? None of us have tapes of all the games. We can go by what we see. And we see a guy that is only rated high because of a need for a NT. There is nothing special about him, at least not for pick #9 when there is over two dozen prospects better than him. I'm so tired of passing on studs for lesser players. Pretty soon you have a team of mediocre players. hmmmm.

If they take Dan Williams when guys like (in no particular order) Derrick Morgan, Rolando McClain, C.J. Spiller, Jared Odrick, J. Pierre-Paul, Anthony Davis or even Mike Iupati are still on the board, .... then shame on us again!!

And you formed yours from what ??? None of us have tapes of all the games. We can go by what we see. And we see a guy that is only rated high because of a need for a NT. There is nothing special about him, at least not for pick #9 when there is over two dozen prospects better than him. I'm so tired of passing on studs for lesser players. Pretty soon you have a team of mediocre players. hmmmm.

If they take Dan Williams when guys like (in no particular order) Derrick Morgan, Rolando McClain, C.J. Spiller, Jared Odrick, J. Pierre-Paul, Anthony Davis or even Mike Iupati are still on the board, .... then shame on us again!!

Word!

THANK YOU...I've evaluated him similarly...I don't like the way he gets pushed around by a single blocker 70 tackles or not even at 330 he is not an anchor...he arm tackles and doesn't shed blockers all that well...

Yea, the sight of our potential NT being pushed 5 yards down field on 80% of the running plays does not sit well with me. There is no NT worth the 9th - exo facto we should not draft one at 9.

I had never heard of Dan Williams until a couple of months ago. Going into his senior season, he was projected to be a late round pick ---> an undrafted FA. All of a sudden he's worth the #9 overall pick in the draft?! I think the same people who are clamoring for Dan Williams, are the same people who were clamoring for Robert Ayers a year ago - another obscure TEN player who seemingly came out of nowhere and shot up the draft boards. NO to Dan Williams!! Give me the fat Mt. Cody in the 2nd!

I had never heard of Dan Williams until a couple of months ago. Going into his senior season, he was projected to be a late round pick ---> an undrafted FA. All of a sudden he's worth the #9 overall pick in the draft?! I think the same people who are clamoring for Dan Williams, are the same people who were clamoring for Robert Ayers a year ago - another obscure TEN player who seemingly came out of nowhere and shot up the draft boards. NO to Dan Williams!! Give me the fat Mt. Cody in the 2nd!

Agree. My bottome line is this. Dan Williams types can be found but depending on your favorite 'flavor' a Clausen, Derrick Morgan ,McClain, Bulaga, A. Davis, to just to name, a few are much harder to come by later in this draft.

A lot of people like Dan Williams, the NT from tennesee. So, I watched him on youtube. I rate him as a developmental 3rd rounder at best. See for your self and please comment...

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUMwtmHooJo>

I like the fat guy from 'bama waaaaaaay better....

GO BILLS!

IMO, he is a developmental guy as well. Take him at #9, watch him holdout, barely see the field all rookie season and be left to wonder if you will ever see the effort he displayed in his senior season after he gets that big, fat payday. Nix says he values guys who produce year-in-year out at the amateur level. If so, that's not Williams. Make him work for that first big contract and maybe you get a Pro Bowl player in 3-4 years.