Polish President and many other officials

What, exactly is THAT supposed to mean? Man, you've got some serious bigotry issues.

Tragic irony that they were on there way to a commemoration of Katyn.

And it's far more than just the President - a good chunk of their executive branch and military leadership was on that plane. It'd be like us losing the President, half the cabinet, the Joint Chiefs, and sundry other high officials.

And it's far more than just the President - a good chunk of their executive branch and military leadership was on that plane. It'd be like us losing the President, half the cabinet, the Joint Chiefs, and sundry other high officials.

Except that, as I understood it, their president serves mainly as commander-in-chief of the military and does foreign affairs.

The internal functioning for their country is done by the prime minister/parliament; the president is a figurehead in this regard.

Damn, guess no plane would be big enough to take all of Congress too...

Except that, as I understood it, their president serves mainly as commander-in-chief of the military and does foreign affairs.

The internal functioning for their country is done by the prime minister/parliament; the president is a figurehead in this regard.

Correct. They have a parliamentary-republic system, much like that of many European nations (germany, switzerland, slovakia, austria, etc.). The Preisdent is a figurehead position, and the its basically the prime minister who runs the executive branch.

It was a polish joke. You've never heard any polish jokes?

"Only in Poland" is your idea of a Polish "joke?"

Jesus, even your sense of humor doesn't work right. You are beyond the dumbest poster here. No small feat.

This is a Polish joke. Did you hear about the Polish Admiral who wanted to be buried at sea when he died? Five sailors died digging his grave.

"Only in Poland" is your idea of a Polish "joke?"

Jesus, even your sense of humor doesn't work right. You are beyond the dumbest poster here. No small feat.

This is a Polish joke. Did you hear about the Polish Admiral who wanted to be buried at sea when he died? Five sailors died digging his grave.

It was a joke. I just thought it was funny that out all the counties this could happen to it happened to Poland. I just thought that was funny thats all.