Redskins interested in Flozell Adams

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/07/redskins-s...erest-in-adams/

Looks like the Foreskins are interested in ex-cowboy, Flozell Adams. If the skins pick up Adams, would they still draft a LT in the first round? IMO, the Raiders will draft Clausen or some off the wall pick with their first pick, so I could see us having a shot at one of the top 3 LT's in the draft. It looks like Jamarcus Russell fell out of favor in Oakland last year and might be replaced by Clausen this year.

Looks like the Foreskins are interested in ex-cowboy, Flozell Adams. If the skins pick up Adams, would they still draft a LT in the first round? IMO, the Raiders will draft Clausen or some off the wall pick with their first pick, so I could see us having a shot at one of the top 3 LT's in the draft. It looks like Jamarcus Russell fell out of favor in Oakland last year and might be replaced by Clausen this year.

Yeah, Mike, honestly I think they would still draft a LT. Flozell is not a long term answer, just a stopgap.

Edit: I stand by my point, regardless of what the article says.

I think the Skins still draft Trent Williams

I think the Skins still draft Trent Williams

So do I. Right now he is my favorite OT pick for us. With either Bulaga/Trent Williams I would be more than happy. I would have no qualms about taking Saffold with our second pick if he were available. I don't see that happening because he would be very attractive to a number of teams at the top of the second round.

LMAO top left 3 tackles? Who says? There is ONE guy worth a top 10 pick, the rest are all about the same and not worth a top 10 pick. They are overhyped.

Nix has found a probowl calibre tackle in the 2nd round out in SD. Again the superbowl guys the last two years didn't have a top 3 pick LT.

You just need a good LT, not a GREAT LT.

LMAO top left 3 tackles? Who says? There is ONE guy worth a top 10 pick, the rest are all about the same and not worth a top 10 pick. They are overhyped.

Nix has found a probowl calibre tackle in the 2nd round out in SD. Again the superbowl guys the last two years didn't have a top 3 pick LT.

i agree!, look at recent history with O lineman, robert gallery, mike williams, you better be sure. i realize it is the draft, but some O lineman turn out to be busts more often ( maybe it just seems that way), but am wary. i still would try and get gaither and fill that need with a proven commodity.

I like Saffold in the 2nd more than say, Davis or Williams in the 1st. Bulaga or Okung? No doubt. But if they aren't there, pass please

agreed completely! as long as you have a SOLID interior, you can go with "good" Tackles, you do not need All-Pro Tackles. It all starts with Center and works outwards. If your interior is strong, it makes your tackles much better. Conversely, a great tackle can NOT help a weaker interior.

I like Saffold in the 2nd more than say, Davis or Williams in the 1st. Bulaga or Okung? No doubt. But if they aren't there, pass please

Saffold in 2nd might be good deal, but not better than T Williams, in 1st. IMO

He won't be there. I've read that Saffold is rising up the draft boards into the late 1st, early 2nd round. I really do not see this guy lasting until the Bills 41st pick. Brown won't be there either. If the Bills are looking for a starting OT then they will have to pick one in the 1st whether they stick at #9 or trade down.

Okung

Williams

Bulaga

Campbell

Iupati

Davis

Brown

Saffold

Mark it down, ALL will be gone by pick 41.

He won't be there. I've read that Saffold is rising up the draft boards into the late 1st, early 2nd round. I really do not see this guy lasting until the Bills 41st pick. Brown won't be there either. If the Bills are looking for a starting OT then they will have to pick one in the 1st whether they stick at #9 or trade down.

Okung

Williams

Bulaga

Campbell

Iupati

Davis

Brown

Saffold

Mark it down, ALL will be gone by pick 41.

So, we have the possibility of choosing Bruce Campbell and the Army of Darkness.

So, we have the possibility of choosing Bruce Campbell and the Army of Darkness.

If the big three are gone then I would think it would be Campbell or a defensive player/pass rusher like Morgan, Graham or Kindle. Trading back is also a big possibility if the big three are gone.

Yeah, Mike, honestly I think they would still draft a LT. Flozell is not a long term answer, just a stopgap.

Edit: I stand by my point, regardless of what the article says.

Agreed. Just like if we were to sign Adams, I would hope the front office would still draft a high level OT to be groomed...only difference is the rookie OT wouldn't have the pressure to start right away.

The Skins need both a LT and an RT as well as depth at both. Levi Jones is there only real semi-starting caliber RT or LT on their staff I could honestly see Folzell Adams just being a RT or a backup LT. O-line depth is what this move is designed for. I still think that the Skins could go with Okung to build their O-line around while having Jones and Adams compete for the RT spot.