Brandon Spikes

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010ILB.php

This says that Spikes is likely to fall to the 4th round???

Was he not once rated as a 1st-round prospect?

If we could snag this kid in the 4th round, I would be ecstatic. He could be the steal of the draft.

He and POZ would make a great pairing in the middle for the next 5-10 years.

If he's there in the 4th I'd take him. He was a good college player, but I worry about him being able to play sideline to sideline and how he will fair in pass coverage considering he's only as fast as the average offensive lineman.

I think those who have him in the 4th place too much importance on the combine/pro day stuff. Spikes is obviously a football player and his playing resume justifies a #2. Maybe his lack of foot speed pushes him down in the 2nd, but I would be suprised if he's not gone in the 2nd. He looked like a beast to me.

PS - Does Andra Davis prevent us from going ILB?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010ILB.php

This says that Spikes is likely to fall to the 4th round???

Was he not once rated as a 1st-round prospect?

If we could snag this kid in the 4th round, I would be ecstatic. He could be the steal of the draft.

He and POZ would make a great pairing in the middle for the next 5-10 years.

I will kick myself in the nuts if he is there at our 3rd round pick and we pass on him (unless we take another good prospect at a position of need like Tony "The Incest Impeder" Washington) . He would still be a lock for a top 50 pick if he didnt run the 40. The Bills are a football team not a track team, and Spikes is one hell of a football player.

I will kick myself in the nuts if he is there at our 3rd round pick and we pass on him (unless we take another good prospect at a position of need like Tony "The Incest Impeder" Washington) . He would still be a lock for a top 50 pick if he didnt run the 40. The Bills are a football team not a track team, and Spikes is one hell of a football player.

Agree with that Thoner,

This kid is a gamer and if hes there in the 3rd we should pick him for sure.

He's slow, great at defending the run but is not a 3 down backer because of his 5.0 speed. He can't keep up with a TE down the slot. However, he is really smart and ran the Florida Defense. 4th round is a good spot for him.

Agree with that Thoner,

This kid is a gamer and if hes there in the 3rd we should pick him for sure.

+1. 40 time doesn't = everything.

I can't imagine all 32 passing on him then all 32 teams passing on him again. Then 1 more time. If you're going to "reach" this is the type of player you grab earlier than the "experts" think.

agreed completely, if he is there in the 3rd i will kick you in the nuts too :flirt:

If he's there in the 4th I'd take him. He was a good college player, but I worry about him being able to play sideline to sideline and how he will fair in pass coverage considering he's only as fast as the average offensive lineman.

He is exactly what the Bills are missing.....someone who will do anything to make a play, including but not limited to gouging your eyeball out! :flirt: The Bills need to get NASTY, especially on the O-Line. But i'd take a nasty A$$ LB too....

He's slow, great at defending the run but is not a 3 down backer because of his 5.0 speed. He can't keep up with a TE down the slot. However, he is really smart and ran the Florida Defense. 4th round is a good spot for him.

Reads the play well. No wasted motion. Keep your 40 times. He's not a WR.

I think those who have him in the 4th place too much importance on the combine/pro day stuff. Spikes is obviously a football player and his playing resume justifies a #2. Maybe his lack of foot speed pushes him down in the 2nd, but I would be suprised if he's not gone in the 2nd. He looked like a beast to me.

PS - Does Andra Davis prevent us from going ILB?

Absolutely not if Brandon Spikes is sitting there in the 3rd or 4th!