National Football Post - Tebow to Bills at # 9........

PIZ

Thanks for the post.

I gotta get me a job like these draft gurus. His credentials....

About Wes Bunting

Wes Bunting, the National Football Post’s director of college scouting, has been monitoring the college football scene since 2002.

He completed a football GM and scouting course from Sports Management Worldwide, studying under Marc Trestman and Russ Lande, and has published scouting reports for NFLSmackdown.com, Scout.com and NFLDraftscout.com. He’s a member of the Football Writers Association of America.

I'm thinking with wireless internet, a TV, a few beers, and some time to kill, I can prepare a mock draft as well as this guy. And if you only have to get about 25% of the picks right to rank up there with the "big boys" like Kiper, McShay, Prisco, etc. I can probably have a couple of extra beers and still be in that ballpark. :unsure:

Thanks for the post.

I gotta get me a job like these draft gurus. His credentials....

About Wes Bunting

Wes Bunting, the National Football Post’s director of college scouting, has been monitoring the college football scene since 2002.

He completed a football GM and scouting course from Sports Management Worldwide, studying under Marc Trestman and Russ Lande, and has published scouting reports for NFLSmackdown.com, Scout.com and NFLDraftscout.com. He’s a member of the Football Writers Association of America.

I'm thinking with wireless internet, a TV, a few beers, and some time to kill, I can prepare a mock draft as well as this guy. And if you only have to get about 25% of the picks right to rank up there with the "big boys" like Kiper, McShay, Prisco, etc. I can probably have a couple of extra beers and still be in that ballpark. :unsure:

You gotta wonder what he gets paid. Anything over $15,000, he's stealing money.

You gotta wonder what he gets paid. Anything over $15,000, he's stealing money.

i saw bill tobin, a former GM of indy , absolutely crucify kiper on espn a few years back. some of his quotes.."who is mel kiper?".. "my neighbor knows more about drafting than mel kiper". with that it mind, just get to the freakin draft!, enough of these guys spewing draft nonsense. i know the NFL loves the year round pub, but move it up to march, its becoming a circus, allowing guys in their basements to gain attention.

i saw bill tobin, a former GM of indy , absolutely crucify kiper on espn a few years back. some of his quotes.."who is mel kiper?".. "my neighbor knows more about drafting than mel kiper". with that it mind, just get to the freakin draft!, enough of these guys spewing draft nonsense. i know the NFL loves the year round pub, but move it up to march, its becoming a circus, allowing guys in their basements to gain attention.

Yeah, I definitely spend more time looking at mocks than I should. It is like the male version of a soap opera. Mel Kiper has a associate's degree and never played football in his life. I give him credit for creating a great way to make money, but all of these guys' opinions should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Yeah, I definitely spend more time looking at mocks than I should. It is like the male version of a soap opera. Mel Kiper has a associate's degree and never played football in his life. I give him credit for creating a great way to make money, but all of these guys' opinions should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

hey, i take nothing away from kiper, he was ahead the curve, and obviously was responsible for creating the cottage industry that mock drafts have become. this thread proves it, never heard of the guy projecting tebow to the bills.

Tebow in round 1 followed by a WR in round 2 would be an FN nightmarish disaster of a blunder.

why?

They need help at both postions and as far as I know, they still get to pick other players, make trades and sign free agents to fill other areas of need.

Yeah, Buffalo has struggled to put fans in the seats moron.

They will this season without a gate attraction. TO did more for the fan base than many want to realize.

I don't know Wes Bunting from the man on the moon, but it's funny when someone makes a fair point and then becomes the collective target of many on TBD. Sure it seems odd that Buffalo takes Tebow 9th, but stranger things have happened. Besides, a mock is nothing more than an educated guess of many teams looking at many players in a frenzied first few rounds.

For the record, there are plenty of scouts who didn't play football, heck, Bill Polian started in the late 70s as a scout with KC. Some have a talent for spotting talent without even having played, but on TBD they can't possibly have an opinion. This is the most predictable form of argument suppression, and it's in play once again.

It was more than 10 years ago and Mel Kiper was right. Trent Dilfer would have been the better pick than Trev Alberts.

They will this season without a gate attraction. TO did more for the fan base than many want to realize.

I don't know Wes Bunting from the man on the moon, but it's funny when someone makes a fair point and then becomes the collective target of many on TBD. Sure it seems odd that Buffalo takes Tebow 9th, but stranger things have happened. Besides, a mock is nothing more than an educated guess of many teams looking at many players in a frenzied first few rounds.

For the record, there are plenty of scouts who didn't play football, heck, Bill Polian started in the late 70s as a scout with KC. Some have a talent for spotting talent without even having played, but on TBD they can't possibly have an opinion. This is the most predictable form of argument suppression, and it's in play once again.

i, for one, am sick of mock drafts. i was not mocking "wes bunting", just the general mock draft overkill that fans are facing. speaking for myself, i really do not actually give a sh-t about the credentials of draft "guru's"

The only mock I think worth taking into consideration is Mayock's. Just because he actually has connections with NFL brass.

He has Clausen going to the Bills. Not Tebow. And I agree with his logic.

The question is, do the Bills agree with his logic?

Edit: Kirwan has Clausen going to the Bills. My mistake.